Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-20, 09:16 AM  
SquishyMommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by glavtx View Post
I got sidetracked yesterday and only did half an hour on the treadmill and the CS waist & leg stuff.
Pretty much the same today, except longer on the treadmill.

pharma_gal, I've never heard of Mil Hoy, but I'm going to check it out. Welcome!

Squishy, now I'm getting more motivated to use my spin bike! Can you use Peloton workouts without a subscription?

So many of the posts make me want to do a workout, and it's cooler today, so maybe I'll actually do it!

Hi to everybody
Terri, you need a subscription to the Peloton app. I think it is 12.99/month. I think there is a 30 day free trial though which is what I am using right now.
Old 08-04-20, 10:09 AM  
RHend

Red face

So....forgot to log in yesterday! Sunday I did not take the day off from working out afterall. I did back rehab exercises and a looooonnnnngggg stretch afterwards! Felt SO good!

Monday I did day #3 Brain Fitness Fun, of Jessica Smith's 6 week Transformation program. Wow, I had forgotten how much fun this one was and how I really had to pay attention! I've done so many Leslie's where I just zone out, that Jessica caught me off guard.

Today will be #4 in the program so it's Barefoot Fusion Sculpt.

LAC - that is SO funny to find the pill in your hair! Cats are just stinkers sometimes!

We decided to try the liquid steroid since giving her those odd shaped pills were just not working. Oh my.....the liquid compound was a HUGE mistake! She absolutely freaked out...forced her way out of my arms (I got away with only a few scratches)....ran around the house flinging saliva everywhere....then proceeded to vomit up everything in her stomach. My poor kitty! Turns out the liquid is cherry flavor! Can you believe that? What would the compounding pharmacy be thinking to use cherry flavor in a cat medicine!!??? Sheesh

Needless to say, now my cat will not let me pick her up. She lets me pet her head, but if I touch any other part of her she runs off. She no longer trusts me. She still stays pretty close to me, so I guess she still loves me, but giving meds is out for now. *sigh* Another day in the life with a cat!
Old 08-04-20, 12:12 PM  
pharma_gal

Monday- Breakthrough day 2
Tuesday - Breakthrough day 3

Today workout had to be done in 3 parts because my toddler kept interrupting me. It’s hard to workout with her around I may have to change my timings a bit. We will see. I really want to be consistent so gonna keep at it. So far meal prep isn’t happening but still try to eat better by making better choices and controlling portions.

We have a storm here in NJ so lots is rain and gonna be staying indoors today.

Good day to all!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-20, 12:38 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Hi Everone,

After starting the checkin, last week was a total dud. I did absolutely nothing.

So today(Tuesday) I truly restarted. I did Rael System 27 Pilates workout. It is individually chaptered so I skipped the hard stuff such as the Leg Pulls front and back and the Side Bend.

Planning on cardio tomorrow, will have to see.
Old 08-04-20, 12:50 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

pharma gal: I hope the storm doesn't do too much damage in your area

Randi: sorry about your kitty, she doesn't realize you're trying to help her

Cher: Cathe always does too many lunges as far as I'm concerned. I don't even consider doing those low ends anymore.

Debbie: You should be rewarded for doing all that weeding. Well Done!

Pam: It looks to me like you're getting a lot of workouts in, congrats!

Donna; Be proud of whatever you get done, everything counts

LAC: yes, life does sometimes get in the way, same message as Donna, everything counts

Jennifer: Good luck with the Peloton if you decide to go that route
Old 08-04-20, 03:18 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hello everyone,

Last night I did Jessica's Cardio Party from her Walk Strong transformation set. She's a little hyped up in this one and not the best choice when I just want to get some movement in at 10pm.

Today, I did Jessica's Barefoot Fusion Sculpt from the same set. This might be my favorite from this set or right up there in my top three anyway!

Was going to walk to the Post Office but not during this crazy high wind, rainy weather. Should have left an hour ago and might have made it back home before the rain.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-20, 05:06 PM  
Sollamyn

I worked in my yard today because the weather is just gorgeous for early August here in southern Illinois. A high of 73? Unheard of!! However, it was nothing like four hours of work. Debbie, wow!! I will shower now and then follow up with some stretching. (I've had to put insect repellent on, and I don't want to get it all over my mat!

Jane P. I had that Pilates DVD a l-o-o-n-n-g-g time ago. I think I traded for it because I thought I would get into Pilates. However, turns out, I did not care fo Pilates at that time. I am thinking of trying it again, though, now that my workout preferences have changed.

Pam, is the tropical storm going to hit your state? I have cousins in Delaware and Alexandria, VA area and they are concerned.

Rhend, I hope your cat feels better soon. I have a new kitty (adopted in later February) and I have no idea yet how she will take medicine, if needed. I do know that she doesn't like her flea medicine application and I have to sneak up on her to put it on her.

Take care everyone!

Donna
Old 08-05-20, 04:23 AM  
dlb

Yesterday 1 1/2 hours weeding - seriously think what was my DH thinking of when he designed this. The man with allergies... But I'm getting there.

Debbie
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 06:23 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Cathe Step Sync Timesaver premix with combo 1 & 2 then some extra stretching for my hip.

Randi - Your poor kitty (and poor you )

Pharma_Gal - I hope you didn’t have too much damage or power outages from the storm.

Jane - Ugh yes, Cathe always does way to many lunges. I used to try to do them all but not anymore.

Pam - I don’t even remember Barefoot Fusion Sculpt from that set. Hmmm, maybe I should take a look at it again.

Debbie - Wow you must have a ton of landscaping with all your weeding! Hey, all that bending and squatting is definitely working out!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 02:47 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

This morning I mowed the back yard, and got so hot and sweaty I decided the weed eater can wait till tomorrow. I love the smell of freshly cut grass, so I'll get that again if I actually do it. I also got on the treadmill for half an hour, and did the CS waist stuff with the clip. She does it longer than I do on my own. I plan to do more later.

Donna, my cat hates his flea treatment! The last time I only got about 1/2 of it on him before he pulled away and hid.

Jane, I bought that dvd, but don't think I ever tried it.

Debbie, I was thinking you must have a huge garden. I don't think I could stand up if I did 1 1/2 hours of weeding!

Squishy, thanks for the info on Peloton, a free month would be a good way to try it, although I doubt I'm fit enough for it yet.

Hi to everybody!

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
miracle mile