Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-29-20, 10:36 AM  
RHend

Yesterday (tuesday 7/28) I had planned on walking on the treadmill, but ended up doing Jenny Ford's March Across America Utah instead. Much more fun than the treadmill and the snowy mountains in the background were so pretty! Here in central Florida, its consistently in the mid to upper 90's everyday, so to see snow, was very welcome! I never got to my back rehab exercises, and I'm feeling it today.

So, today I will definitely do a back rehab workout and maybe do another Jenny Ford workout. Probably one of the step workouts.

Pam, its good to hear that your kitty is doing so well! We considered that route, but with her age, having other health issues, and the advanced state of the GI lymphoma, the concern is that her quality of life would be severely reduced and likely would not extend her life by much. We decided quality was more important than quantity. She is on steroids, but not chemo. So we are just trying to keep her happy and comfortable.

Terri, yes! My kitty is not exactly cooperative at pill time! I've had many cats in my life and some were very easy to pill and others were impossible. My IttyBitty is somewhere in the middle. Sometimes its quick and easy, other times I have to find her hiding place and catch her before she runs off. I hate stressing her like this, but she does get a very yummy treat afterwards! She likes that part. LOL

Cher, thanks! We hope to improve her quality of life, without causing too much stress.
Old 07-29-20, 03:28 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hello everyone,

Something different for me today, Has anyone heard of Curtis Adams? He does Senior workouts on JLTV and I think the program is called "A New Way 2 Move." A while back I'd seen his program while flipping channels and he seemed so pleasant and friendly but workouts seemed a little too easy and mostly seated chair exercises. Well, he's recently offered many of his workout for free on YouTube so I tried them out.

I did his Senior "Advanced" workout which uses dumbbells. It was very much a beginner workout, but might be considered a tad more intense for seniors who don't normally workout to videos. He's fun and seems like such a nice guy, but he counts every rep out loud or hollers out the body part being worked with each rep. He does have a little more variety to his workouts, and he uses compound moves quite a bit to get multiple muscles worked at the same time. I also tried out his Resistance band workout, and it was okay and little more creative uses with the exercises. His workouts are available on Amazon for purchase, and it's a gentle way to workout without impact and easy on the joints. He also works on balance exercises, too!

Good for very light day, gentle workout. Just turn the volume down on the remote, if you decide to try him out.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-20, 04:18 AM  
dlb

Good morning - Yesterday was 3 hours of weeding & trimming. It's crazy how much time I spend on it.

One of my cats is on 3 meds - I dissolve them in a bit of water, then give him a bit of wet food mixed in to make sure he eats it all. When he licks the bowl clean, he gets the rest of his meal. He is 17 - I would never be able to "pill" him.

Debbie
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-20, 06:19 AM  
Cher

Went for about an hour bike ride yesterday morning then last night took the puppy for about a 20 minute walk.

Randi - I love Jenny Ford’s Across America workouts! I love all the different backgrounds. I got a chuckle out of you talking about the snowy mountain background since it’s so hot where you are. Here in Michigan when it’s winter up here, I’m always looking for the warm sunny tropical backgrounds.

Pam - The Curtis Adams Advanced workout sound like a good option sometimes. I had not heard of him. I have such a hard time and really hate compound moves so maybe that would be a good place for me to start and try to buildup my energy to do more compound moves.

We’re going up to my parent’s cabin up north tomorrow for the weekend. My DH just got called to go back to work starting next week (He’s been off since mid March because of Covid) and will be working weekends so this is his last one off for a while. I’m not really happy about him having to go back yet but they have put a lot of new practices into place for safety so here we go.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-20, 03:26 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hello everyone,

I did Exhale Core Fusion Thighs and Glutes today! Good butt and thigh burner! Also added Classical Stretch Aging Backwards 1202 (Hip pain relief) to end for some added stretches.

Have a good day!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-20, 03:49 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I didn't get to check in yesterday, but did do the treadmill walking for an hour plus, and some CS clips. I've done the same things today, but different CS.

Randi, the last time I had to give my cat pills, I got a pouch of Greenie's Pill Pockets, in a salmon flavor, and he loved them. I gave him one twice a day, once with a pill and once without, just so he wouldn't figure out it was good for him. I had some left so used them as treats, since I hope to never have to give him another pill!

HI to everyone!

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-20, 03:14 AM  
dlb

Yesterday was another 2 hours of weeding & trimming..This too will end (someday) - hopefully before it gets cold. I want to enjoy summer.
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-20, 05:46 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was KCM Sculpting RX Premix #3. Nice premix....38 minutes and it alternate portions of workout 1 & 2.

Getting reading to head up to the cabin.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-20, 08:42 AM  
RHend

Hi All!

So, I got busy yesterday and forgot to check in! On wednesday July 29th, I did Jenny Ford's Step Across America California. Very pretty view of the ocean in the background. I love step and used to do it regularly (many years ago). Now I still do the moves, but without a step! LOL! A 30 minute workout is the max I can do right now.

Yesterday, thursday July 30th, I walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes and did back rehab exercises and stretching for 20 minutes.

Thanks to all of you with suggestions for giving my kitty her meds. She has a very low appetite due to her illness. Mixing the med in her food didn't work too well because she doesn't eat enough wet food to get all the med. Pill pockets worked a couple of times, but no longer. Now I am crushing the pill, mixing with a bit of fish broth and administering with an oral syringe. We'll see how long this lasts! I love my IttyBitty, so I keep trying!
Old 07-31-20, 10:02 AM  
SquishyMommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlb View Post
Yesterday was another 2 hours of weeding & trimming..This too will end (someday) - hopefully before it gets cold. I want to enjoy summer.
I just finished my workout and I am heading out to do weeding and trimming too. It has been so bad this year! I don't know why we are getting so much aggressive growth. This insanely hot summer is making it difficult for me to go out and work on it too.

I totally failed in restarting earlier this week, but I did it today! So proud of myself! I am trying to ease back in to it, because I always push myself too hard in the beginning. I feel like if I am capable of a harder workout I should do it, but I need to admit as I age my recovery is the issue. While I can complete a difficult workout it takes me much longer to recover.

So today I did the Mat Workout section from Ellen Barrett's Fat Burning Pilates. I didn't do the cardio section because I thought it might too much with my plantar fasciitis.

So for cardio I did a 20 minute beginner ride on my spinbike. I bought the Bowflex C6 a few weeks ago and use the Peloton app on my iPad. The instructor on the beginning ride today was AMAZING! I am a huge fan of hers now.

I am constantly surprised by how horrible I am at spinning. I love riding a bike and always have, but the resistance and speed are killing me! It's kind of torture while I am doing it, but I love how I feel when I finish. Physically and mentally. For some reason I feel so accomplished when I finish, which I never really feel in any other workouts. Is that weird?

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Tags
miracle mile