Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-20, 07:59 AM  
JBliff

Total Max Mixers - Week of July 19

Hi everyone. My workout yesterday was a short walk in town before it got too hot and ICE Metabolic Training + core in the afternoon.

Waves to everyone. Have a good Sunday.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-20, 03:52 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Thanks for starting us off JBliff. Hope you are enjoying your Sunday.

All I have done so far is a few lunges on my stairs but I’m gonna try to get in some squats and plié squats in a little while. I’m feeling a bit burned out on exercise and may take a few days off. We’ll see, it may just be the heat which makes everything feel harder..

I think I checked in on Friday. Yesterday was a 35 minute run with a few walk breaks when I felt I might explode in the heat.

I’m binge watching Foyle’s War on my Acorn ap which is British TV shows and series. What are ya’ll binge watching and reading?

Have a good day all, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-20, 05:50 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

JB: I really like that workout. Almost did it today!

Karen: I understand that feeling. I have never decided if it is the heat or overdoing it or what.

Cher: Hope all is well! Looks like Kelly is moving along with production. Can't wait!

Vannie: Hope all is well.

Check in: I almost did the same workout as JBliff, but instead I opted for Fit Split pull weights only but did the deadlift section a second time at the end instead of the hamstring roll-ins with a suitcase hold.

DH is so weak. We never got the second blood draw accomplished last week. DH refused. He has felt awful. This past week he fell getting into the bathroom on Thursday, as well as had several near-misses. He has an order for a draw to be done tomorrow (the WHOLE draw... funny, the girls in the infusion lab told him to come any time he wants... no appointment... I bet I know why. ). DD is taking off work in the morning to help me get him there and back. I am so grateful. I told DH he is going to have to have home health if things don't get better quickly. I can't do it. I guess the one upside of C-19 is that I am not traveling so I am home a lot with him.

Waves!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-20, 06:50 AM  
Cher

Back from our little mini vacation yesterday. Went to Frankenmuth and the next day drove up to Mackinaw City by the Mackinac Bridge. The next day drove down to Harrison (where Darrell’s family has a place), then drove to the cabin for the weekend and met my parents and my sister and her BF there.

I have a lot to do today....exercising is first thing on my list, then grocery shopping, house cleaning, bills, etc. I’m sure I will not get it all done today. I will have to go back and catch up on last weeks posts later.

Karen - I haven’t been binge watching much because DH and I don’t agree on anything to watch but I did start watching Schitts Creek on Netflix which is a Canadian show. It’s sort of a different humor but it’s funny. I also binge watched “Younger” but I think that is on Hulu. “Gilmore Girls” was a favorite of mine and “Hart of Dixie” which is cute. That is about a girl who is doing a residency as a doctor in New York and had to take a job in Alabama (not exactly sure if it was Alabama exactly but one of those southern states). Its a light drama. I think that might be on Hulu too though. Not sure.

Gibbee - I’m so sorry to hear how bad DH is starting to get. That has got to be awful for both of you.

Waves JBliff & Vannie!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-20, 05:39 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Cardio Party Calorie Crush premix and The Lower Body Add-On from Basic Step.
Old 07-21-20, 07:27 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout Sunday was Hard Strikes cardio segment + Heavy Bags tabatas + Yoga for Your Week PM Release segment. Monday's workout was STS Total Body.

Cher - Sounds like you had a nice mini vacation.

Gibbee- I hope the appointment for your DH went OK. I feel for you and him.

Karjoy - This heat is just so debilitating. I feel for anyone who has to work outside. Yesterday we hit 102. We won't get below 98 for several days.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-20, 09:22 AM  
Vantreesta

Gibbee, sending you hugs and encouragement. While my mom didn't have the same issues your DH is going through, I know how hard it is to watch. My dad was fortunately not working while he was caring for her so I don't think he experienced the same level of caregiver fatigue you are facing. I'm so glad you find moments to take care of yourself with workouts, no matter how long or intense. You are doing an amazing thing out of love, and not everyone can handle that. I just wanted you to know I admire you for facing each day as it comes.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-20, 03:12 PM  
Vantreesta

Hey, guys. I'm still here, not sure why I didn't at least post my workouts last week. I'll try to check in and catch up tonight or tmrw. I'm having a rough day missing my mom. So I lit one of her candles, made myself a treat of chai tea, turned on my mp3 player and am cleaning in the kitchen. If I get it done in time I think I will bake cookies.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-20, 04:50 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Step Blast Warm-up and combo #1 and the Upper Body Add-On from Cathe’s Basic Step dvd.

We’ll be puppy sitting again today so I’m going to try to get my workout in soon before the puppy gets here.

JBliff - We will be in the 90’s here too for the next several days but probably not quite as high 90’s as you have been. Stay cool!

Vannie - ((Hugs))

Gibbee - Thinking of you too.

Waves Karen!
Old 07-22-20, 05:44 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. Yesterday I ran/walked about 45 minutes and Monday the heat index was 105 so I walked only for 40 minutes. Even though it’s hot as blazes it really helps me mentally to get outdoors after work, especially in these Covid times.

Cher have fun puppy sitting. I’m glad you got in your trip to Frankenmuth and then had a nice weekend at the lake.

Vannie sorry you are having a rough day missing your Mom. Some days are hard.
Did you bake cookies?

Gibbee you know I am thinking of you and Darrell daily. I was glad to hear that at least you don’t have to travel much now.

Jbliff I head ya’ll are still having raging heat. I am always trying to come up with new terms for describing the heat and Monday I came in from outside and told my DH that it was “searing” outside. I know your state is searing too. Stay safe!

Gibbee, I agree. Look into home health. Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote