Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-21-20, 11:43 AM  
JBliff

Total Max Mixers - Week of June 20

Hi everyone. My workout yesterday was 40 minutes on the elliptical. Friday's workout was a 40-minute walk in the morning and Cathe's original Bootcamp in the afternoon.

Waves to all. I hope everyone has a good Sunday.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-20, 05:07 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. Hope everyone has had a good weekend. Today I did a 45 minute walk/run and felt pretty good. We need rain again here. It’s about 92 degrees but humidity is pretty low. Can you believe it will soon be July 4th?

Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-20, 04:45 AM  
Cher

Workout Saturday was LITE Body Weight & Bands. Yesterday was nothing except about a 20 minute walk after coming home from my sister’s Father’s Day get together.

Thinking of trying a loose Step Boss/Hardcore one Month Rotation. Of course I will be modifying when I want to walk or ride my bike outside instead of a basement workout. I will try to follow the basics of the weight workouts but will probably do a premix most times. I’m in no shape to keep up with Cathe’s workouts as is anymore. (We’ll see how long I last)

Karen - That is a great idea that your trainers came up with for outdoor workouts! Gyms are still not open here. Governor said no gyms are to open yet but there are people fighting this and trying to get it overruled and to open this Thursday. We’ll see. I don’t think I would want to go back to a gym any time soon.

Waves to everyone else!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-20, 08:58 AM  
Vantreesta

My cousin and her husband live in AZ. Their gym opened but they decided they were in no hurry to go back. Turned out to be a good decision as I think one instructor and 10 members have now tested positive. They are probably cancelling their membership bc they already had concerns about how the gym would maintain covid standards of cleanliness. I feel bad for the gyms who do have high standards bc they will probably face some loss of members even if they keep the place sanitized.

I am really in the mood to go to Pawn America and search for workouts I don't have. The big one where I have found a lot in the past is about 45 minutes away though.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-20, 04:57 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Imax 4 step Combos Only premix, Step Sync Bonus Step combo 1, Step Boss Abs #2 (modifying), stretch.

Today is our 30th Anniversary. Hard to believe. Where has the time gone!

Vannie - Yikes, that is a lot of positive tests for one gym! What’s Pawn America? I’m guessing a pawn shop? Did you end up going? Find anything good?
Old 06-23-20, 07:51 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was Body Combat workout #63. It was pretty intense but fun. Sunday's workout was PHA2 and extended stretch.

Cher - Happy anniversary and congratulations on 30 years! Are you going to do something fun? Our gyms are open here at 50% capacity but I don't know how many people are going.

Vannie - I'm glad your cousin decided to wait to come back to the gym.

Karjoy
- The humidity here is through the roof too. We usually start out at 100% in the morning, but at least it's not in the 90s yet.

Gibbee - I hope you and your DH are hanging in there and doing OK.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-20, 08:08 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. Quick post. 40 minute walk/run and 100 Russian twists with a 15 # kettlebell.

I heard from a reliable source that Orange Theory here had a client who is being tested for COVID. Glad I did it go back to an indoor gym.

Waves to all, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-20, 10:45 PM  
Vantreesta

Cheryl, yes Pawn America is a big pawn shop chain. Some have a lot more than others. The one I like to go to has racks and racks of DVDs. I haven't gone and don't know when I will get to.

Quick check in. Yesterday was day 3 of the DoYouYoga Strong & Calm Together challenge, 2.63 mile run for wk5 day1 (repeating a couple weeks bc I'm not ready to move on), post-run yoga, Classical Stretch S11E11 and Yoga in Practice S1E14. Today was day 4 of the DYY challenge, 2.66 mile run for wk5 day2, PT exercises and post-run yoga. I wasn't in the mood for CS and yoga tonight. I learned a new stitch last night and started crocheting a hat from a new pattern so I worked on it till 10. I had ten rows done last night but had to take out six rows bc I didn't have it quite right. I only got two rows added back tonight.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 06-24-20, 05:59 AM  
Cher

Yesterday’s workout was Leslie Brisk & Steady 10 Minute Walk, LITE PHA 2 one set each exercise premix, LITE Body Weight & Bands Puddle Jumpers & Firewalkers, then Extended Stretch #2.

Since yesterday was our 30th anniversary, we went out to lunch at one of my favorite Mexican Restaurants. We were originally going to book a flight and go up to Copper Harbor, Michigan where we spent our honeymoon and go to our favorite restaurant there which we went to on our 5 year and 20 year anniversary; but, the weather was going to be cold and rainy up there this week so decided not to go right now. We are looking at maybe going the end of July. It is probably about a 15 hour drive from here so not sure if we will drive or possibly look into flying up there. We have always drove before but DH has a friend who has a cabin up there and said he has been flying instead and it works out better for him. We’ll see. Not sure if we’re ready to travel yet or not.

Karen - Ugh, thank goodness you didn’t go back to OT yet.

Vannie - I always hate when I have to rip something out in my crocheting. I have an Afghan I started a couple years ago. I’m about half done. I really need to finish it before I forget how to do it.....if I haven’t already.
Old 06-24-20, 08:05 AM  
Vantreesta

Happy anniversary, Cheryl! Your honeymoon location is 15 hours away and still in Michigan?? I didn't mind so much ripping this out since it wasn't a lot and it's a new pattern with no picture. I've never made a hat that wasn't on the loom before so I'm enjoying it. I keep thinking I should start an afghan but haven't so far. I think partly bc I don't crochet as much at home as I do when visiting people so I like small portable projects.