Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-14-20, 09:14 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Total Max Mixers - Week of July 14

Good morning all!

I really am still alive. Just super busy. DH was hospitalized at the university for 3 days week before last for two rounds of dialysis and kidney biopsy. Dialysis got him back down to a reasonable weight now and he can bend his knees (big deal). Still struggles with most other things (hands are clawed up worse now, losing his vision, etc. etc. etc.) but it helps me with treating his foot wounds, which are no longer pouring but are mostly dry. Now focused simply on healing and preventing infection.

Have been doing the Jen workouts. Last week was week 6. I have enjoyed them. I was going to do them for 12 weeks. I'm tapping out. I'm tired. I'm sore and achy and cranky. I miss KCM and Cathe terribly. And I fear injuries.
I can see some minor results (I can - you probably couldn't) but I am not working core enough and it shows... terribly.

I did KCM's raw box and tone in the park this morning and loved it. The accoustics are not very good because she was coaching others AND filming, but it is a nice workout. Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxW63uzD8vE
She also recently released this workout on FB live (her first time doing FB Live Raw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N2vfBSbpMw&t=656s and this one at the gym: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBD6L7RYjwM
I am glad she has released a couple on her YouTube channel because her raw filming has improved so much. I love her newer Solo Dumbbell with Sami (amazing!!!) and hope to try her garage weights workout and the kettlebell workout she recently released soon.

Got to run. "Going to church" at Mom's house (YouTube).

Chat later!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-20, 06:43 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Gibbee I’m so happy to hear from you and especially to hear that your DH is doing somewhat better. I know that makes your life easier too. Your workouts sound very good. I know it’s hard to find time to post when things are hectic.

Today I ran with Judi for the first time in a month or so. We walked 10 minutes and then ran a little over 3 miles. We did intervals, 3 minutes run and then 1 minute walk. Felt good.

Waves to Vannie, jbliff, and Cher. Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-20, 06:06 AM  
Cher

Not sure where I left off posting my workouts but Friday was a 45 minute walk, Saturday was IMAX 4 step combos only premix.....added a riser to my step for the first half. Nothing yesterday.

Our landscaping in front of our house was a mess with weeds so we pulled all the rocks, weeds and dirt out and put new weed paper down then all the rocks back. Looks so much better. Glad that’s done.

Gibbee - Thanks for starting us off! So good to see you popping in here. I saw a clip of KCM’s Park workout and it looked fun!

Vannie - Glad dizziness seems to be getting better even though it’s slowly.

Karen - Yay, on your heel not bothering you much! Glad to hear DH is doing some what better in some ways.

Waves JBliff!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-20, 07:22 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was an 85-minute walk with DH along the river. It was a lovely sunny day. Saturday's workout was a shorter walk in the morning,plus 40 minutes on the elliptical and Cathe's extended stretch.

Gibbee - Good to hear from you! I bookmarked the KCM workouts so I can check them out later. I hope your DH continues to make progress.

Karjoy - That's great you are able to run again.

Cher - Gardening is functional fitness

Hi to Vannie. Have a good day, everyone.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-20, 09:05 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Drive by:
This morning was a few PT exercises from earlier this year. I have been neglecting them. Core strength is showing it. Not sure what my next rotation or whatever will be but considering doing some Vedral workouts. Or maybe Pure Strength with some KCM full body weight workout the same week.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-20, 11:02 PM  
Vantreesta

After my dad left this morning I ran 2.56 mi for wk5 day3 and my usual post-run practice. Tonight I did Classical Stretch S11E9. I don't think I've been dizzy at all the last two days!

Gibbee, I'm glad to hear some things have improved for your DH.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-20, 05:22 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was LITE PHA 2 TS one set each exercise premix and Lean Legs & Abs Barre section. No workout this morning. We’re going strawberry picking today so I’ll be busy cleaning strawberries and making strawberry jam, vodka and freezing the rest.

JBliff - Sounds a nice walk!

Gibbee - My hip has not been bothering me as much so of course I’ve been neglecting all the things I should be doing to keep it in good shape. I need to try to do at least a few Of the things or I’ll be sorry.

Vannie - Did your dad fly up or did he have to drive back home?

Waves Karen!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-20, 08:25 AM  
Vantreesta

Cheryl, have a happy strawberry day! My dad drove up and will spend time camping and fishing before be heads back home. I should get to see him a few more times before he goes home.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 06-16-20, 11:47 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Push/Pull.

Cher - How do you make vodka with strawberries?

Vannie- That's great your dizziness seems to be going away.

Hi to Gibbee and Karjoy. Have a good day, everyone.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-20, 12:04 PM  
Vantreesta

Before breakfast I did Kassandra's morning yoga movement days 24 and 25. After breakfast and walk I ran 2.8 mi for wk6 day1 and then did my post-run yoga under the tree again. It's such a peaceful spot and so nice with the breeze and shade I didn't want to come in! I'm supposed to do a short weight workout now but honestly I'm starving and want to shower so I will try to do it later.