Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-04-10, 10:42 AM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

Cool Pilates for Men - 3 DVDs, uses resistance band & small ball, looks tough! 1/18/2011

The Pilates Sports Center in Los Angeles has a series of "Pilates for Men: Challenge" DVDs that are coming to r/etail on Jan 18, 2011. Each workout is 45 min long and one is all matwork, one uses a resistance band and one uses the small inflated "Pilates" ball.

Preview clips are up on PSC's website (it's the clip on the right in the first row). These workouts look REALLY tough! The rollover/jackknife move made me spit out my tea. Yowza Production values (set, camera work) look very good and the featured exercisers are (ahem) easy on the eyes. Unfortunately their is no audio so I can't tell what the voiceover or music is like. Here's the entire YouTube channel.

Amazon is featuring them individually for $13.99 each or $39.95 for the kit that includes all 3 DVDs, the band & the ball.
Pilates for Men 1: Challenge Mat Workout
Pilates for Men 2: Challenge Band Workout
Pilates for Men 3: Challenge Ball Workout
Pilates for Men 10-20-30 Challenge - Kit with all 3 DVDs, resistance band & small ball - note shipping is only $2.98 on Amazon.

I hope Mary decides to carry these, I'd love to see clips with audio.
Old 11-04-10, 02:40 PM  
c4ward

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing. I'd love to see longer clips too!
c4ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-10, 03:09 PM  
RedPanda

I like the look of the mini-ball workout - and the guys don't look too bad either!
Old 11-05-10, 01:30 AM  
Richie

I started a thread about this too but that was before the seperate discs were announced.
http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?p=1630967

I still want the full set with the props.
PSC told me to try buying from http://www.pilates.com/BBAPP/V/store...-10-20-30.html (as I am in the UK and they themselves don't ship outside the US).
I have yet to buy but keep meaning to!
Dawn, that link has a clip with the voiceover / music.
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-10, 05:52 AM  
adrien_73

Interesting...I just placed an order on Amazon, and it didn't say anything about it being a pre-order?

I want to do more pilates but most of the DVDs I have don't feel challenging enough. These definitely look like they are kicked up a bit! I guess they just underestimate the power of women.
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-10, 08:24 AM  
Buzzer

I wonder if these videos have been available in their studio for a while, because with the 4 reviews (the first one from June 2010!) it looks like it's for sale, and not a pre-order.
Makes me think of the whole Jillian thread, where people reviewed the workout before it came out. The workouts look good, of course, but I have so many pilates DVD's I don't do sitting in my workout area. I'm wondering if I can get creative with my fluidity ball & bands, and incorporate it into my existing workouts...
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-10, 08:51 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I'm interested but I hope some of you who ordered will write some reviews.
Old 11-05-10, 08:54 AM  
YOGISTEVEN

i have the set. it's decent. like the flow of the workout, but there is little cueing. with the band and the ball, you often don't have time to set up before the guys are already half done with the exercise. wanted to love it, but it leaves me frustrated.
Old 11-05-10, 09:58 AM  
Richie

Steven, is it a programme you can grow with or do you need to be quite experienced with pilates in the first place?
Old 11-05-10, 10:06 AM  
Richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
I wonder if these videos have been available in their studio for a while, because with the 4 reviews (the first one from June 2010!) it looks like it's for sale, and not a pre-order.
The 3 disc set with the ball and band has been available for a while from PSC, it's the seperate discs that will be released in January.
This is the first set I've really wanted that I've had real trouble ordering from outside the US. PSC won't accept international orders from their amazon listing (even though they so easily could) and the other retailer link they gave me won't allow non US orders to be placed online so I'm going to have to call them, just need to make sure I remember the 7 hour time difference!
I really want this dammit!

Tags
mini ball, pilates for men, pilates mini ball