Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-11-09, 08:13 PM  
ella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
Where do you click to see the clip at collage? I just get a "coming soon" notice?
You have to add it to your cart first, then click on the cover of the DVD once in your cart.
ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-09, 08:15 PM  
Richie

Ah-ha! Thank you, ella!
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-09, 09:04 PM  
naturallove

Hmm..I definitely like the looks of this one, especially the vertical pilates. I'm starting my pilates teacher training soon, and this will give me some good ideas for classes. However, I think the kit's overpriced, especially given that the ball isn't weighted. (Not that I need a weighted ball to feel any of these exercises. As Kath points out, just having a ball there really taps into the core muscles!) Off to check out Mary's site to see if the price is a bit better.
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-09, 09:23 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Looks like the same ball Margaret Richard uses in her QVC kit. It's fine and all but definitely overpriced. Especially in this economy, there should absolutely be an option to buy these kits without the gizmos. They are NOT exotic and unique items after all!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-09, 09:40 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturallove View Post
However, I think the kit's overpriced, especially given that the ball isn't weighted.
Ah, but that makes it far cheaper to ship.

Quote:
(Not that I need a weighted ball to feel any of these exercises. As Kath points out, just having a ball there really taps into the core muscles!) Off to check out Mary's site to see if the price is a bit better.
Re the ball, there's one exercise on the clip where your butt is supported on the ball for leg circles and a regular Pilates ball would be too small/uncomfortable, so I do think it's a worthwhile investment. (I also want to try the ball for one of my Chi Ball Method DVDs in which you use a similar inflatable ball to massage your back.)

And yes, I have become obsessed with Pilates/chi balls recently.
Old 08-11-09, 09:46 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Looks like the same ball Margaret Richard uses in her QVC kit. It's fine and all but definitely overpriced. Especially in this economy, there should absolutely be an option to buy these kits without the gizmos. They are NOT exotic and unique items after all!
[Whiney voice] But this one is a pretty purpley-pink!

It will look great lined up with my purple Stott one pounders, and my shocking pink Spalding 1 kg balls.[/Whiney voice]

Oh... what was I just saying about being obsessed with Pilates/chi balls...

ETA: It's shiny too!
Old 08-12-09, 03:04 AM  
naturallove

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
Re the ball, there's one exercise on the clip where your butt is supported on the ball for leg circles and a regular Pilates ball would be too small/uncomfortable, so I do think it's a worthwhile investment. (I also want to try the ball for one of my Chi Ball Method DVDs in which you use a similar inflatable ball to massage your back.)

And yes, I have become obsessed with Pilates/chi balls recently.
RedPanda-You have a ball addiction. (Says naturallove who has at least 2 stability balls--the noninflated one doesn't count, yoga therapy balls, medicine balls and the tension tune down balls.)
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-09, 06:00 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
[Whiney voice] But this one is a pretty purpley-pink!

It will look great lined up with my purple Stott one pounders, and my shocking pink Spalding 1 kg balls.[/Whiney voice]

Oh... what was I just saying about being obsessed with Pilates/chi balls...

ETA: It's shiny too!
You are too funny!!
The only weighted balls I can stand now are my soft-gel exballs from Exertools (2#, 4#, & 7#). I their unique feel and texture, but they are all close in size and the same color! (I love the light blue color, though, so it's all right. ) <- Ooh, that color there!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-09, 07:30 AM  
Gancho Girl

Quote:
RedPanda-You have a ball addiction. (Says naturallove who has at least 2 stability balls--the noninflated one doesn't count, yoga therapy balls, medicine balls and the tension tune down balls.)
At least RedPanda isn't the only one obsessed with/addicted to balls. My partner keeps asking if he should be at all concerned with the fact that our living room has an assortment of blue balls, in a variety of sizes, scattered about.

---
http://livingroomathlete.blogspot.com/

Disclosure statement: I am a facilitator for Misty Tripoli's THE GROOVE and a Pilates instructor.
Gancho Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-09, 08:13 AM  
BalleRina

I love all the 10MS Pilates routines. They're my favorite way to incorporate pilates because there's never dread in 10 minutes and often when I start with 10 minutes, I end up doing 30. I'll definitely be getting this to add more variety to my pilates collection.
BalleRina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10 minute solution, andrea leigh rogers, ball, mini ball, pilates, pilates ball, pilates mini ball, quick sculpt pilates, stomach, stomach tension