Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-10-09, 10:20 AM  
eastblvd

10 Min Sol: Quick Sculpt Pilates (Andrea Leigh Rogers): Clip up at Collage

Just wanted to point out that the clip for Andrea Leigh Rogers' 10 Minute Solution Quick Sculpt Pilates is up at Collage.

I'm really excited to pick up this one. I like Andrea in the dance-based 10 Minute Solution, though I find the choreography a bit tricky. I know I'll love her in this one, and she seems to use the ball really well!
eastblvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-09, 11:16 AM  
KathAL79

Thanks for the heads up.
Hmm, looks like another well done 10 MS Pilates routine. Interesting that the last segment looks like standing Pilates.
Onto my wish list it goes for further investigation...

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-09, 11:35 AM  
herya

It certainly looks nice. The ball doesn't seem to make that much difference though and looks a little like an afterthought, maybe it's just a poor choice of exercises for the clip? At the same time those DVDs with added equipment are usually more expensive to ship to Europe so I'll probably pass on this one...
herya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-09, 11:46 AM  
eastblvd

Quote:
Originally Posted by herya View Post
It certainly looks nice. The ball doesn't seem to make that much difference though and looks a little like an afterthought, maybe it's just a poor choice of exercises for the clip? At the same time those DVDs with added equipment are usually more expensive to ship to Europe so I'll probably pass on this one...
I've used the ball in the same types of exercises in live Pilates classes, and I found that it makes a huge difference -- especially the stomach massage series with the ball under the pelvis. Yikes!
Old 08-10-09, 11:46 AM  
eastblvd

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathAL79 View Post
Thanks for the heads up.
Hmm, looks like another well done 10 MS Pilates routine. Interesting that the last segment looks like standing Pilates.
Onto my wish list it goes for further investigation...
I'm definitely interested in the standing Pilates segment. I don't see much of that elsewhere.
Old 08-10-09, 01:30 PM  
Calistro

Wow her feet really remind me of a ballet dancer.
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-09, 08:13 PM  
ella

Oooh...this looks good. I think I'm going to pre-order from Mary.
ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-09, 08:42 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastblvd View Post
I've used the ball in the same types of exercises in live Pilates classes, and I found that it makes a huge difference. [snip] Yikes!
Yes, I've found that even a 1kg Pilates ball makes a huge difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herya View Post
Yes, I noticed that there is no free shipping on this one, which indicates that it will be expensive to ship - if Collage even ships it overseas.

ETA: Mary at Total Fitness is only charging $5.30 for shipping to Australia!

Edited again: I just place my order! Phew - I got a real endorphin rush!!! Must make some herbal tea and calm down...
Old 08-10-09, 09:14 PM  
RedPanda

Standing Pilates

For those of you who are interested in standing Pilates, I really recommend June Kahn's Vertical Pilates.
Old 08-10-09, 09:18 PM  
Honeydew

If you want a good pilates workout that uses a weighted ball I recommend Bernadette Giorigi's pilates power ball sculpt. it's one tough workout!
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10 minute solution, andrea leigh rogers, ball, mini ball, pilates, pilates ball, pilates mini ball, quick sculpt pilates, stomach, stomach tension