Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-03-20, 07:19 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Back to it today....

Yesterday for extra activity I did Pahla B's 31 Day Program - Day 2. It was an interesting workout -very slow moving and focused on balance. The interesting part was how easy it looked to watch but how deceptively challenging it was to do. Now, is it Cathe IMAX level, no, but that is not where I am these days. This ended up feeling very "useful" for a lack of a better word....

DD also surprised me by wanting to go for a walk - so that is good - got extra steps, too.

Today so far has been:

Pahla B - Day 3 of her 31 Day Program - this was low impact cardio 20 seconds on/10 seconds off. Her workouts really are very modifiable so you can go faster/slower put more/less into it as you see fit.

Trifecta Pilates - Leg Stretches - I was going to do Jessica V's Pilates Camp workout today - but it is barre work and my lower back/hips are feeling a bit tweaky so I didn't think that would be a good fit, so I opted for some stretching which is more of what I needed to do today.

I will see what I can add on later - not necessarily as "exercise' but as movement, which is sort of how I'm looking at it these days.

Dana - that is a very good description of this year - I do feel like everything is on hold and waiting for *something* to happen -

Carol -the only upside to this whole pandemic thing for me is working from home - I can sleep later and still start work earlier. Go figure. With schools not opening until Feb here, at the earliest, I suspect we'll be home at least until then.....

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 10:48 AM  
furmomof6

Thanks everyone for the welcome back, and kind words! My check-in's may be a little shorter for now, but I'm thinking of everyone.

Shaped by Faith: Pilates lower body

I did this at my own pace and modified the floor work. I'm watching my head positions for now! I'm thankful to have gotten it done though.

Hugs and waves!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 02:30 PM  
fanofladyvols

Good to see you Christine Happy to hear you were able to exercise and make it work for you, too!

Yesterday did Mari Winsor's maximum burn 20 min basics. I had never done this one because back in the day I objected to doing anything with pilates that had burn involved, lol. It was vigorous and challenging with my 1# weights. Mari is a little more relaxed in this workout and makes some odd comments..she even mimics a seal sound, lol. She also skips one side of climbing the tree but I'm going to keep the workout. Maybe because it's Mari but I also can see wanting to do it again.

Donna wow schools closed til February? Most of the schools around me have either started or are in a staggered start. One of my teacher friends in a district far away from me says the teachers are pretty upset and considering early retirement or FMLA leave.

Dana the year that wasn't..so appropriate. My DD says shopping for back to school on no tax weekend was ho hum and not very robust. As if people didn't realize it was no tax. Normally it's a frenzy in the stores.

Carol that full body for women over 50 workout sounded fun! Hope work went ok today!

Mermaid waves to Cheri and Brenda!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-20, 12:44 AM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Monday: 20 min. walk/jog/read

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-20, 06:47 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's workout - after my return to work - was

Pahla B - Cardio & Weights (Weight Loss Workout) - 28 minutes

This wasn't a bad workout - from Pahla's Weight Loss Mini Challenge for this week. Pahla had you do a couple of cardio exercises followed by a strength exercise. There were periods of rest involved. I used my "heavies" - 5 lb weights - all of the strength exercises but one. Another done before you know it kind of workout.

I had hoped to add on Smriti's new pilates workout, but I ran out of time last night. Maybe tonight.

Linda - I know I have that Mari workout - but I must have missed the seal noise. I need to hunt that one up and do it.

Christine - Good job listening to your body!

Donna - I did enjoy the sleeping later and working in my sweats, for sure. Most (95%+) of our parents have elected in person classes so far. I think if you told folks out here that schools couldn't open until February we would have a full fledged riot. Pahla's workouts are unique for me. I can't believe I never did her stuff until this summer.

Dana - Yes, 2020 has definitely been such a weird year. For us, it's the year we did nothing except sit at home.

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-20, 07:18 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was a mix:

Trifecta Pilates - Core Activation (10 min) to warm-up/prepare

Jessica Valent Pilates Camp Day 3 - Pilates Barre - I enjoyed the mix of exercises in this one. Since my lower back and hips have been feeling tweaky, I modified some of the standing work by doing floorwork instead. I think Jessica would approve, LOL!

Jessica Valent Pilates - Pilates for Arms & Upper back - this was mainly floorwork, unweighted for upper body

I was going to add on Jessica's Pilates Camp Day # 4 - which is a lower body stretch, but I ran out of time. I may add it in later, I may also add in Pahla B's 31 Day Challenge Day 4 - which is a walking workout w/ weights....

Yesterday for extra activity I did Gina B's Disco Rock Walk - it was 20 minutes and a fun way to get some extra steps after sitting all day.

Carol - We are pretty complacent here, LOL. I am sure some public schools are opening before Feb, but the counties in and around D.C. all seem to be going virtual for the first semester. Honestly, I'm 50/50 on whether they open or not this year. I don't think my DD cares, being on stage crew is the only thing she enjoyed and they have cancelled all extra curricular activities, too. One local jurisdiction attempted to shut private schools down until October 1st, but our governor overruled them.

Nice job, Brenda - i'm amazed at how you can read on the TM!!

Linda - yes, the teachers here were upset about the prospect of going back. I do suppose it sends mixed messages when the Board of Ed meets virtually but then tells everyone they have to go back to in person work. I'm not happy about the on-line education, it was not good last spring and I can only hope that it gets better now that they have had more time to plan. But, I can also see the chaos of trying to contain a virus in these overcrowded schools. You know some kid or teacher or administrator is going to get it in at least one of the schools, which is then going to prompt a response that is potentially more chaotic than just starting the year off virtually. We shall see....

Waves, Christine! good for you for modifying!

Waves, Dana! We are having your kind of day here - very grey and dark. I find it somewhat comforting, but I wish I didn't have to work. it is a good day to curl up with a book.

Hope everyone has a good day -

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-20, 08:31 AM  
cherimac

I am here, just not online as much. I am going to try JV’s Pilates Camp workouts from Monday and Tuesday later on.

Hugs to all. I am typing with one finger on my iPad so no big replies.
Old 08-04-20, 08:31 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Leslie's 2 Miracle Miles - 30min
DY Core Precision - 20min

I am really enjoying the Forever Fit Program. Short and to the point. I gotta run to the office this morning. Talk with everyone later.

Waves!
Old 08-04-20, 07:08 PM  
fanofladyvols

Donna and Carol one of my friends who teaches says of the 2000 enrolled over 670 have elected to use distance learning. This will help them with trying to social distance in the classroom but that seems like a lot of kids opting out of in-class to me. It's easy to see the arguments for, and against, having school reopen in person.

Dana and Cheri hope work is going well.

Brenda I tried to read while on my elliptical and on a TM at a hotel and I can't do it. I would lose my place constantly, lol. You're talented!

Hugs to Christine!

I did the other workout on that Winsor Maximum Burn..the Fatburning one. I flip flopped the order though. I did the Matwork first and then went back to do the cardio section. I really enjoyed the live drums and the cardio section. There was a modifier to eliminate any impact and the workout flowed well with the drums. It was like a cross between an old Crunch workout and a Method workout. I felt like I was in a modern dance class. If you hate, TIFT then you won't like this workout. As I followed Mari, I realized she was 54 at the time of this workout and she is having a good time leading the class. It was nice to see her not be so matter of fact and enjoy herself moving all over the place shaking her hips.

Have a good evening everyone!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 12:42 AM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

45 min. step/weights

It's too late at night for individual replies but to everyone!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote