Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-20, 04:06 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi all,

My workout week started yesterday with Firm Better Body and Buns. I haven't done this one in the past few months since revisiting Firm workouts. This used to be a favorite and I do like it, but felt it was just okay this time. It was good for a shorter timeframe and the abs are really tough, but would have preferred they were at the end of the workout. I love the music on this one though. And it is good to cycle through them all for variety! My next Firm day on Saturday I may do Tough Tape 2 or Total Body Shaping Mix.

Today I did another new Cathe (of my five new DVDs...LOL), ICE series Boot Camp Circuit. I really liked this one! I probably like this one better than last week's LITE PHA2 thanks to the inclusion of cardio. She did all the cardio and leg work on a tall-ish step (maybe 10"?) so I used the bottom of the Transfirmer step but I used my shorter 4" zumba step for some of the cardio because she went pretty fast. I really liked the music and it went at a fast pace. I liked the bonus abs in this one a lot better than in the LITE workout I did last week. I feel like Cathe is a good compliment to Firm because she seems to hit the muscles at different angles than Firm. I still prefer the Firm but am really enjoying the Cathe's for variety! Cathe seemed like she really enjoyed leading this workout and said a few things that were funny, something which made me laugh out loud but now I don't recall.

Tomorrow active recovery...I found some neat cardio workouts on youtube or will try a CIZE again. I want to try more Jenny step workouts on the DVD I got but am still feeling disappointed from last week, so not tomorrow LOL. And then some kind of yoga or stretch, probably another Yoga 30 workout. Then Firm on Saturday and run/barre on Sunday.

Eventmom and Buzzer I love many of the Fitprimes (both the oldies and the remade WHFN) but admit a few of them are duds. I really love maybe 60-75% of them and the rest are total no-gos for me.

The universities really are in a tight spot. People will not be happy no matter what, just like Buzzer said. It is bizarre to have to live on the dorm but not go to classes in person. I feel bad for the high school kids that graduated last year but didn't get to walk the stage, and are now having to do complete virtual classes. And I feel bad for working parents of young kids who now have kids that must be full time tele-schooling. Crazy times we live in
Old 07-30-20, 04:54 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA hip 2.2 day 3 + up to the beat cardio
I'm having to modify this level some moves are not working for me. I wish I had a better chair - I stopped by goodwill and salvation army today to look, no luck.

ebianco - you are exactly right, no matter what they do people will be unhappy. today I found out I'm expect to record my lectures, while I give an inperson lecture and post it... so now I'm a video tech? I'm pissed. If I'd complained and gone 100% on line my life would have been easier which extra pisses me off.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-20, 07:20 AM  
Buzzer

body Beast Bulk Arms... DONE!

I loved this. This week I have really figured out how to make these workouts work for me!! They were tough before, but this week I feel like I really nailed it. I changed the concentration curls on the hammer curl set to doing like a preacher curl on the ball, which I felt it more. I messed up and instead of doing overhead presses for triceps, I did skull crushers, so the set that was supposed to be skull crushers I did overhead presses. Since my weight was different for both, I ended up going heavier on the overhead presses (used my skull crusher weight) and it was so good!!

I also on the last set, you are supposed to do 15, 12, 8 on one side, then switch to the other side and do 15, 12, 8. Then, go back to to the original side and do 8, 12, 15, then second side. Instead, I did 15 on Right, 15 on left. 12 on right, 12 on left. etc... which was great!! I usually rest between the sets for a little bit, usually only 10-15 seconds, but it took what, like maybe 30 seconds to do the next set? so I rested a bit more. But it was an active rest, and it worked out really well for me. Today my arms and legs are sore!! Which is a win in my book.

This is week 5 of block 2, which is the last week of this block. I am debating doing one more week or moving onto the final block, block 3, which is a mix of the build and the bulk workouts. I think they alternate weeks. So I'll see what I feel like doing. Now that I have nailed the workouts for me, I want to do it again!

I'm listening to my nutrition podcast while I workout too, which has been super nice.

We met friends to go to a beach (reservoir) that we have never been to before. It was AMAZING. We didn't have a time limit, the kids found frogs and caught them, they swam, played in the sand, and us Mom's talked, chased kids and fed everyone. It was so nice!! I put on sunscreen, but you always find the places you missed or couldn't reach when you get home. HA! Luckily nothing too bad, but one is on the top of my foot!!

I didn't think we'd be there long, but we ended up leaving the house at 9:15am and not getting home until almost 5pm. We had bible study at 6:30pm, so it was a quick shower and go!!

LB was so tired. Hopefully she slept really well last night. Today we are meeting my Mom at an outdoor museum, so it'll be a nice day, not too active, but not just sitting either!!

Ebianco: I think I have the LITE series of Cathe's!! I have a few series I haven't done so I had to stop ordering her preorders. Plus I hate cardio and she loves it. Her muscle stuff though is great! I have been thinking that after I'm done with body beast I should pull out her muscle stuff again and see if I'm doing better at it. I still have STS too, which might be a good place to go after. Although I'm finding I am not a fan of a new workout every time. I like my do it, tweak it, do it on my own, tweak it more, and get it where I like it workouts more right now!!

Eventmom: Can you just set up your phone on a tripod at the back of your class and record it? or livestream it somewhere? I would do just what I had to do and not get all techie about it. If they want it recorded, let them do it. I know that's not always an option, but this is out of hand!! In our county I heard that the teachers that don't want to go back will be the on line teachers, the teachers who do will be the in person teachers. That way there's a place for everyone. Seems reasonable, I think.

So since pretty much every muscle in my body is achey or sore to one degree or another, I am doing Yoga today. Probably the Bob Harper one. I think I love it more than yoga x, he does so many less salutations! I hate salutations. It's been a good week workout wise for me!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-20, 09:56 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA 2.2 day 4 + 20 TA cardio

Buzzer - basically they are going to set up a web cam somewhere in my classroom but I'll be expected to post the lectures not just stream - this is in case a student is sick. I still think they will have to swing to on line because our percent of positive tests is high - our governor is pro trump so anti mask anti anything that would help public health (we didn't take the medicaid expansion that other states took) basically our state is pro oil and even they pay way less % taxes than other state tax oil rates. Our health outcomes are some of the worst in the country, our spending per student is one of the lowest in the country - but until recently we did have the highest incarceration rate in the world (yep that is not a typo) - way to be #1! Sorry got into a rant.
Old 07-31-20, 03:26 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Happy Friday!

Today I tried a bunch of cardio/dance workouts I have been eyeing on YouTube as my lighter cardio before yoga stretching. I tried a few interesting workouts, first a really interesting and kind of bizarre cardio (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDKX...ndex=23&t=807s). she doesn't move her feet much, it is more an aerobic-paced with manic-paced standing ab crunches (I had to go half the pace LOL). Then I did some zumba and finished with this "Dance HIIT" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqFtf9CEXKg). I liked the idea of this one more, a lot more energetic, but the choreography was too confusing LOL Then I finished with Yoga 30 for 30 the Even Flow workout, which was more vigorous than I signed up for, but I just modified it to be more stretching.

Edited for Saturday: Today I did Total Body Shaping Mix. I loved it! The last time I did this one a couple of months ago, I could not really do the cardio portions because of my knee and my weights were much lighter. I'm really thrilled that my knee is back to normal and I can pretty much do normal workouts now (I still go easy on the plyos).

Eventmom Wow seriously about the in person lecture and record and post it? That is frustrating. All of a sudden people are expected to be tech savvy? What's the difference between filming your lecture in your home office or living room, and in the classroom if no one is there?

Wow those are crazy bad stats on your state! These are truly scary times we live in. I don't care what side people fall on politically, but why does pandemic have to be political? Mask vs. no mask, etc.

Buzzer I'm glad you've made the Body Beast workouts work for you! I think I have about half of the LITE series now. I had purchased Cardio Party (which I like) and the Bodyweight and Bands or something (which I haven't tried yet), then three more from my recent purchase. I like more of a structured routine style cardio between strength, like Firm workouts, but Cathe seems to either be complex step or drills, so I will take the drills LOL.
Old 08-01-20, 06:51 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

needed an easier day - 20 min up to the beat walk + 30min essentrics sculpting

ebianco - I just sort of don't do plyos! LOL. I agree with you about how the pandemic has become politicized. DH had a call with the head of his advisory board - probably politically fairly conservative - even he said he thought our country would come together to deal with the pandemic and not happy with how things have been handled. For the lectures, the U is supposed to install cameras. I'm sort of trying to ignore it for now as I keep looking at infection numbers and don't know how we will actually be in person AT ALL. I think I did total body shaping mix way back when - it was hard!
Old 08-02-20, 12:03 PM  
Buzzer

Body Beast Bulk shoulders and back.. DONE!
P90X yoga... DONE!

the bulk workouts I took my time and really focused. I rested more and made sure I went as hard as I could on the sets. it was great! It took me about 1 hour 15 minutes to get through the whole thing, but it was a great workout. I really felt it!!

yoga today I stretched more, reached more, and tried more. I used yoga blocks more, and cheated on some of the hard postures more (like the warrior 3 and half moon!!). I just tried harder. It was good too. I am really liking how I am working out lately, it feels more relaxed and like it's actually doing something instead of just going through the motions.

So DH went from "I would NEVER get a camper!" to buying and bringing home a camper in the matter of like, one week. I have wanted one for a while because I don't mind sleeping in the tent, it's waking up stiff and sore, having to boil coffee in the cold, make breakfast in the cold. I'm always up before they are, so I try to start the car and warm up, I am just miserable. I hate the evenings being cold and if it's raining, all you can do is sit in a leaky tent. I have been complaining forever. Suddenly, we have a camper.

I don't know how it happened, but I love it!!! We sat in it last night and watched a movie!! it was a great deal, and now it's like having a house extension. I told Dh he will get me to go more places now too. PLUS, we won't have to pay to board the dogs ($30 a night each dog adds on $60 a night to each hotel bill), and we don't have to look for hotels that allow them. I am so excited!! I am looking forward to getting out in it!! DH is tinkering with it, fixing little things, and generally babying it. LB and I are gonna clean it today. It has a pop out, which is the dining room table. It is just beautiful!!

There's even room for me to do a workout in the morning! No heavy lifting, but yoga or a Linda or something. I am so in love with it. I was so surprised DH basically said "yes." I was listing pros and cons, and basically talking myself out of it. I asked him what he thought, he said "I think it's a good deal." my jaw hit the floor.

Anyhow, today's extended workout will be scrubbing and cleaning!!!!!!!!

We are skipping church. We stayed up late, two days in the sun... one at the beach, the other with my parents walking around a museum set up like an old farm, and we are done. I just didn't want to go. So we will clean. HA!

Eventmom: I'm glad they are setting up the camera and not just having you do it!! I have a friend who is a teacher and she has to do it at home, and use her own equipment. So weird I think. I think the division over all the debates regarding the pandemic is silly. Just do you, leave me alone, I think. have your opinions, but you don't need to fight or cause a scene, or call names or whatever. Just, you do you and I'll do me. I disagree with our governor calling people stupid and "bast**rds" for not wearing masks. He's setting a tone, and it causes more division. Plus it's not very professional or fitting of the office. I am tired of the fighting and nastiness. Just.... you do you. I'll do me. We can think the other is an idiot, but leave it at that.

My rant!! HA!

Ebianco: I like drills better too. Too much dancing and I get confused. Drills? I can do those all day without tripping over myself!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 08-02-20, 12:38 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA 2.2 day 5 + kathy smith cardio

buzzer - well they are supposed to install it but i'm sure I will have to do something . I'm at the point where i think they need to go 100% on line - I'm reading some pretty scary stuff. I actually think we should require masks when you are out. If you don't want to wear a mask, stay home. Everything I read says they help (not 100%, but quite a bit) and this is not going away until we change our behavior. I don't think wearing a mask it too much to ask to help other people during a pandemic. well sort of rant over.

hi ebianco!
Old 08-04-20, 09:20 AM  
Buzzer

Body Beast Chest and Triceps... DONE!
Body Beast Legs.. DONE!

This is all from the build phase. I'm on block 3 of the rotation. Last week, I did bulk legs and my knee was tight/felt full/achey all week. Just a deep, in the middle of the knee is swollen feeling. So I went slower today, used the leg press for 2 of the exercises, and took my time. Instead of the Bulgarian squats (back leg on step in a lunge & go up and down) I did a toes out/inner thigh squat. I enjoyed it more! I did go heavy on the leg press exercises, since the rest is kinda cardio and endurance instead of strength. I ended up really liking the workout.

Yesterday chest and tris, I really pushed myself. I didn't really feel like I did much work though. However, my triceps today are feeling it, so I am calling that a win. My whole body has been a little sore from all the workouts and yoga, so although tomorrow is supposed to be back and bis, I may gage it and do cardio or yoga instead.

We have spent the last 2 nights in the camper. So much fun!! DH is even out there with us!! It's a novelty right now, so we will enjoy it! This morning the puppy, who loves to howl, started to howl when I woke up and woke up DH. I didn't anticipate that issue. I was all happy because I woke up, was bing super quiet, there was no dog behind the bed so I could step down... I found my shoes really fast and quiet... then "Row row row." happened. He was so loud. All was going so well!!

Today is our anniversary, but I am jonsing to get some house cleaning done. We haven't been in here in a few days we gotta get working on the dog hair and stuff that gets set down and forgotten about!!

Tonight we are going to dinner.

LB and I are taking walks every evening at 6:15pm. We always run into the lady up the street training her horse. LB goes in with her and is learning how to train a horse. The lady yesterday got my phone number and said she will start texting me when she is going out so LB can come over. She would be doing it anyhow, but since LB is loving it, she is letting LB help. I told DH, people would pay a lot of money for this kind of training! She is just letting LB do it for free! I love our neighbors!

Eventmom: I'm at the point where I'm tired of people arguing, fighting, and being divided and angry. Let's just move on. Do whatever, just don't get near me. Maybe that's more regional!!

Ebianco: HI! I hope things are going well and you are making it through August already!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 08-04-20, 01:47 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - TA hip 2.2 day 6 + 10 min cardio
today - TA hip 2.2 day 7 + 30 min DC

buzzer - I agree, it is stressful that things are so inconsistent. That's sweet about your neighbor letting LB help with the horse.

we are heading to NM to check on our house for a couple of days - have a great rest of the week!

hi ebianco!