Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-14, 03:39 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

Game of Thrones not totally OT

So I'm recovering from a rotator cuff surgery, and I'm very limited of what I can do as exercise for a while. I started to watch GoT one episode a day while I'm on the bike or elliptical. Do you guys watch it? It is so bloody and gory plus way too many boobs to my taste, but the story is really very well written and the acting and special effects are amazing The hour goes real fast. Does anybody else watch the series?

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-14, 03:44 PM  
laurajhawk

I have the DVDs and need to make progress on Season 3. I love the idea of combining it with cardio. I put my rebounder in front of the TV sometimes but hadn't thought of doing that with GoT. I usually rebound in front of tv sports and make up rules like a drinking game - could do that with GoT too - Six tuck jumps whenever anybody dies!! Two for blood. Round the world for any sex act (I didn't want to see that anyway). Great idea.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-14, 03:48 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I didn't watch until my brother gave me the first year dvd set last Christmas. What can I say? I was absolutely hooked. I got HBO in order to watch the rest of it, and I've read three of the books. ITA about the sex & violence, but the story is compelling and the acting is first rate. My favorites characters are Tyrion, Arya and Jon Snow, but I think they're everybody's favorites.

I often do light weights and floorwork while watching TV. That's all.
Old 07-22-14, 04:21 PM  
Demeris

I've seen the first two seasons. As you've pointed out, way too many boobs and way too much sex, but the plot is lots of fun (except for the ice zombies, which jump the shark, in my opinion), and the actor who plays Tyrion Lannister is amazing.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-14, 04:29 PM  
andtckrtoo

I LOVE Game of Thrones. It's an HBO Series, so I just expect boobs and butts (men's too). I read the books (my DD21's boyfriend got me into them several years ago - he's a Sci Fi Fantasy nut, too). It's fun how the HBO series is in some ways ahead of the books and in same ways behind.
Old 07-22-14, 04:56 PM  
raeven

Very...uh....interesting show. For sure.
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-14, 05:33 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

I just started watching this series about 3 weeks ago and I'm totally hooked on this series. I've been binge watching, which based on recent reports is apparently bad for you. I can thing of much worse things to get hooked on.

Someone told me not to get attached to anyone cause they all die. As long as dragon mama lives I'm good. I just love her. Loved her hubby also, but he died.

The story is really well written and the acting is superb.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-14, 05:50 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Yes. I haven't watched the latest season since I wanted to finish all the books first. I walk on my TM while watching episodes. Tonight, I'll get on my spin bike and watch the latest season, one episode at a time.
I have just finished all the books and am looking forward to the last two!
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-14, 05:50 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

ETA: I hope for your speedy recovery.

Debbie,
Lots of my fave characters died. There are still several who are alive (and I think one or two are still alive, after reading the last book that's out).
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-14, 06:11 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I have the DVDs and need to make progress on Season 3. I love the idea of combining it with cardio. I put my rebounder in front of the TV sometimes but hadn't thought of doing that with GoT. I usually rebound in front of tv sports and make up rules like a drinking game - could do that with GoT too - Six tuck jumps whenever anybody dies!! Two for blood. Round the world for any sex act (I didn't want to see that anyway). Great idea.
LOL I love this idea! Definitely a way to keep the workout interesting!

I am a huge fan of the series and the books, too. I am impatiently waiting for the next book to come out. With the way the series is burning through source material it better happen ASAP!

Tags
favorite tv shows