Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-19-18, 01:10 PM  
pharma_gal

Do I have to like Pilates (21 day fix extreme)

I’m doing a rotation of 21 day fix extreme along with Cathe. I did the Pilates workout today and I didn’t like it at all. I’m not sure if it was the band because she uses the band for every exercise and it was not comfortable for some of the exercises. Now I’m not a Pilates person but I have tried it in the past and remember not hating it so much. Am I doing something wrong? What is the benefit of Pilates vs say floor work and other core work? Can I just substitute something else like maybe a Barlates workout or Cathe to the Mat? Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-18, 02:51 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

I don't really think there is a magic formula to either 21 Day Fix or extreme- other than using the variety and alternating body parts to keep you working hard. Just keep working hard. Substitute whatever you'd like and move on to the next day- if it is full body, sub in dirty 30 or something, if it is lower, she has a Barre workout in 21 Day Fix.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-18, 05:50 PM  
dnna

sure, why not? substitute something you enjoy. It is your workout! ( who says that?) I really don't like pilates with a band, my hands really hurt to much to use a band. but you will get a lot of benefits from doing that workout without the band, if you want to try that. I think the band is awkward and , for me, very hard on the hands and wrists.
good luck
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-18, 08:18 PM  
fanofladyvols

Using bands really feels different with pilates. Each instructor will vary the sequence of moves and number of repetitions. Not unlike other forms of exercise feeling different based on the tools used or instruction given. I love pilates but prefer mat or standing routines using the mat only.

I think it makes perfect sense that you might have liked one version of pilates and not enjoyed another. 🙂 So definitely substitute, as others have said, something that has a similar focus .

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote