Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-29-14, 08:40 PM  
Genevieve M

Suspension training from monkey bars or any other playground structure?

Hi,

New ads for TRX show how you can use them outside. Has anyone ever done that? I love TRX, but don't feel comfortable hooking it up to my doorjamb. Thanks.
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-14, 03:47 AM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve M View Post
Hi,

New ads for TRX show how you can use them outside. Has anyone ever done that? I love TRX, but don't feel comfortable hooking it up to my doorjamb. Thanks.
I have never used my outdoors, but there is a strap with the TRX just for that use. I have a ceiling mount in my workout room which makes it much better than using a door.

Cheryl
Old 04-30-14, 04:00 AM  
sciencelady

Sure, I attach my TRX to my outside porch metal overhead frame and work out. When I travel, I attach it to hotel cabana structures around a pool. It would be great attached to immobile metal playground frames.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-14, 11:07 AM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencelady View Post
Sure, I attach my TRX to my outside porch metal overhead frame and work out. When I travel, I attach it to hotel cabana structures around a pool. It would be great attached to immobile metal playground frames.
I've also used it for all of the above. I also have even used it off a tree branch I love using it outside especially in the summer
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-14, 11:08 AM  
Sidlynn

At my gym I've seen instructors take their classes outside on nice days and clip on to the chain link fence around the tennis court.

"This is good for us!" ~Gilad
Sidlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-14, 03:36 PM  
jhsimpson

Anchoring from the ceiling

Just wanted to point out this site: https://www.woss.com/anchor-system/

I was looking for a less expensive solution to TRX's pricey $40 anchor

I have a 1950's ranch-style house (no basement) where I converted a bedroom into a workout area. Using a stud-finder tool I installed a 'Folding Pad Eye' anchor on the wall and also on the ceiling into an overhead ceiling joist (through the dry-wall). Each holds me just fine and I'm no 'light-weight'! Not to mention much cheaper than TRX's solution

I also have taken the TRX to the neighborhood playground/picnic shelter, A concrete anchored T-shaped outdoor clothes line, and my office area has some mature trees that I've anchored around the main trunk about 6' off the ground.
jhsimpson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suspension trainer, trx, trx suspension trainer