Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-04-13, 11:40 PM  
Genevieve M

Pardon the silly question - I have always wondered about this when you use a suspension trainer on the door hinge....is there any problem with warping the door frame or pulling the hinge away from the frame?

Thanks for any info you can give.
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-13, 11:59 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I ended up getting a really good deal on a TRX on amazon.ca so I couldn't resist. It does have a few videos with it so that will get me started.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-13, 12:13 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
I ended up getting a really good deal on a TRX on amazon.ca so I couldn't resist. It does have a few videos with it so that will get me started.
What kind of deal???

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-13, 12:20 PM  
DD546

I have been looking at the WOSS as well. It seems like a great deal and has gotten very good reviews. I was leaning toward the Jungle Gym, but then I saw the WOSS on Amazon, which is cheaper and appears to be just as good. I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I'm very close. There are a couple of "model" options, but I have the WOSS 3000 in my cart. There is a WOSS XT that is even cheaper, and I don't see much difference. Has anyone used the WOSS 3000 or the XT?
DD546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-13, 01:53 PM  
Sophie

Quote:
oh, awesome! was it one of their flash deals? Hope you love it!

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-13, 04:48 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
What kind of deal???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
oh, awesome! was it one of their flash deals? Hope you love it!

It is "used - like new" and I paid, with shipping, $109.35 CDN = 102.72 USD. I was happy with that. The seller had good feedback, all except for one 2/5. I hope I love it too, my DH is also anxious to try it.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 12-05-13, 05:05 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Sophie - I just looked at the Amazon.ca listing and it must have been some amazing deal as the price was $115 yesterday, supplied by Amazon and today it is $199 supplied by another company. I opted for the used one as it says it hasn't been out of the box and I saved a fair amt as the used price includes sales tax.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 12-05-13, 05:26 PM  
Sophie

Quote:
Sophie - I just looked at the Amazon.ca listing and it must have been some amazing deal as the price was $115 yesterday, supplied by Amazon and today it is $199 supplied by another company. I opted for the used one as it says it hasn't been out of the box and I saved a fair amt as the used price includes sales tax.
That is a fantastic price for a TRX! And on the shelf at local stores it *starts* at $215 and thereabouts. I'm curious about the DVD's, when you get them - am wondering if they are actual follow along workouts or just "here are some exercises you can do", which is what the Jungle Gym comes with.

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-13, 12:22 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsyancy View Post
I have the rip 60 and it is adjustable. You can suspend it from the ceiling, from a door or like mspina said from a pull up bar and use it just fine. It's very sturdy
Another vote for the RIP 60 here, I've used it suspended from the door, and it works wonders! I also like the fact that you can take the pin out and do rotational moves, plus it comes with 12 dvds. I haven't done the whole rotation yet though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
Lately, I've been wanting something like this:

http://www.omgym.com/store/suspensio...pension-system

I love my JG but I want something where I can do some suspension yoga. $199 is cheaper than some other systems that I have seen on-line. But if anybody else knows a cheaper but stable system, please post.
Helen,

I like the look of the system you linked, and for some reason it made me think about this: http://static01.cirquedusoleil.com/f...contortion.jpg

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-13, 11:05 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Helen,

I like the look of the system you linked, and for some reason it made me think about this: http://static01.cirquedusoleil.com/f...contortion.jpg
I think you can do that with the system that I linked. I didn't buy it because I'm not sure how much I would use it without DVD instruction. However, I bought a Groupon coupon for four aerial yoga classes. So I'll be trying that in January. If I like it, I'll continue to go.

Tags
jungle gym, jungle gym xt, trx