Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-11, 04:48 AM  
Tait
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
Tait.. My doors in my workout space all open out also (well, towards me). I put it close to the hinge side, close the door, then shove a 20#. Weight against the door on the opening side. Keeps the door closed, I'm not just relying on the flimsy latch, and the hinge side is stronger. Try that first!
Thanks, I will give that a try.
Old 02-18-11, 06:59 PM  
Buzzer

OK, a follow up on my caution...
I got a PM from a wonderful, kind, helpful VF'er who gave me the email address of the man that helped them out at Nordictrack. I emailed him, and he called me back. We chatted, and he said normally they have you send the old product back, then after they receive it, they send you the new one. I told him I am loving Rip:60 and would appreciate anything he can do for me. He called me back this morning & let me know that he would send me out a new Rip:60 without receiving the old one back first...
So, I have new straps coming to me, hopefully they won't slide, and I don't have to miss any time with my new workouts. He was super helpful, friendly, and just really impressed me to no end.
I am kinda stuck on week 3 of Rip 60... it's just tough enough to give me a challenge, easy enough to not wear me out before I do my TA Omni, and it doesn't involve the Kettlebells, which for some reason I am not really wanting to grab with it yet.
Today I had someone comment on how nice my arms are looking... so I'm just gonna keep on keepin' on with my Rip:60 & TA rotation
I'm moving onto level 2 of TA today, so I won't be using my Rip:60, but I am looking forward to tomorrow morning when I work out and do some week 3 again...
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 07:07 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

So funny, Buzzer, I am doing Omni, too! But I'm not doing the rip:60 because of my indoor situation and outdoor weather situation. But, the bit about doing it with an outward pulling door and a weight in front of it has me considering. One question though..... does that mean this guy thinks you got a defective unit, or what? I mean, how likely is it to happen to the rest of us, do you know?
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 07:07 PM  
kali1

Buzzer, you gotta post your rotation. It sounds great
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 07:09 PM  
suegy3

@ Buzzer, I'm glad that you received some assistance. Hopefully the new one will work well. And congrats on your good results! It's always nice when other people notice. Makes the hard work seem more worth it.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 08:22 PM  
Buzzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
So funny, Buzzer, I am doing Omni, too! But I'm not doing the rip:60 because of my indoor situation and outdoor weather situation. But, the bit about doing it with an outward pulling door and a weight in front of it has me considering. One question though..... does that mean this guy thinks you got a defective unit, or what? I mean, how likely is it to happen to the rest of us, do you know?
I think he thinks it's just mine that defective. It sounds like he pulled out a strap and tried to mimic it, and I'm thinking it might just be a defect. I will email him and ask him though. The weight thing is totally working for me, just remember to slam your straps in the door on the hinge side so you don't bust the top corner off your door!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali1 View Post
Buzzer, you gotta post your rotation. It sounds great
So far, Since I got Rip:60 last week Wed. I've done:

Wed: Rip:60 week 1, followed by TA Omni level 1 MS work only.
Thurs: Rip:60 week 2, then TA Omni level 1 MS work only
Fri: Rip: 60 week 3, TA Omni level 1 MS work only
Sat: Omni level 1 plus meta cardio on the rebounder
Sun: Rip:60 week 5, TA Omni level 1 MS only
Mon - Wed: all days I did Rip:60 week 3 (skipped abs & jump lunges though!), then Omni Level 1 MS only. No cardio.
Thurs: took off, but previewed omni level 2!
Fri: Omni level 2 and TA meta Cardio on the rebounder.

Sounds silly, but I've really noticed changes this last week and a half! I have to agree with my work buddy, my arms are looking pretty good...

I'm going to continue doing Rip:60 followed by my TA omni Level 2. I skip the rotation warm up on Rip:60 ("circle your ankle. now the other way. circle your knee. now the other way. 81024. What's your zipcode?" blah blah blah), fast forward over the abs, then pause it before the jump lunges & do my TA. I go back after TA (skip the jump lunges) then do the cool down from Rip:60. It takes me anywhere from 60-75 minutes to do it all, but I figure about 12 minutes of that is the cool down, and some more time is taken up with changing DVD's... so I'm coming in with about 50-60 minutes of work.
I'm really looking forward to my workout times! So. Much. Fun.

ETA: I hope I'm not leading anyone down a dirty path by suggesting my fix for the door situation. My door is totally flimsy and I feel really secure doing it that way, but as always, use your own caution on that one. I'm just letting you know what works for me. I think this is what they call a CYA.
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 02-18-11, 08:36 PM  
kali1

oh course you are leading us down the path...you enabler...you

btw....the rotation sounds fun
Old 02-18-11, 08:50 PM  
Buzzer

2,085 views on the thread? I guess I am an enabler... and a little self conscious suddenly
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 02-18-11, 08:52 PM  
kali1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
2,085 views on the thread? I guess I am an enabler... and a little self conscious suddenly
Old 02-18-11, 10:26 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Buzzer, I'm glad that you will get new straps. Your rotation sounds really good. I can see why you would get ripped arms. I hope they eventually sell the DVDs by themselves.

Tags
rip:60