Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-14, 07:31 PM  
bee1forfitness

Don't forget they're GREAT for using outside to...I live in CA and I use them outside all year round. Anchoring them off of tree branches, fences, playground monkey bars etc. They also travel well to, comes in a mesh bag, super lite weight fitness equipment.
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-14, 04:53 AM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelly View Post
Yep, I'm subscribed to SSOD - that's one of the main reasons I've been wanting to get one! I've been dying to try those workouts

I would almost have to mount mine on the ceiling, since there's not a convenient door in my workout area, but thank you so much for your input Sue (and everyone else!) Cheryl, when you are using it, are you usually doing the moves with the straps straight down from the ceiling, or are they usually out in front of you at an angle? (does that make sense?) I'm just trying to figure out how to work around a ceiling fan, and yet still keep it far enough from the wall too.

Thank you everybody!
It's mixed up. Most of your ab work with feet in the ankle straps is straight up and down and your feet are below the anchor point. Also, there are a couple more moves where you are under the anchor point. All the other moves the straps go out diagonal to the anchor point. Sometimes you are facing the anchor point and sometimes you have your back to the anchor point. I normally just go one way with my straps even though I do have room to go either way since I don't have a ceiling fan. Oh yea, I do have a ceiling fan in my workout room at our cottage and I am able to work around it and that workout room is much smaller than mine at home. My DH put that one about 18" away from the fan. My ceilings are higher at our cottage because I am using a bedroom and at home I am in the basement so I had to use an extender with that one which comes with the TRX so I could make the TRX longer. Otherwise, there was no way I could have done the ab work with my feet in the ankle straps, because the straps didn't go down far enough. You should be able to rest with your knees on the floor while in plank on forearms. You shouldn't have any problems with it at all.

Cheryl
Old 10-01-14, 10:07 AM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee1forfitness View Post
Don't forget they're GREAT for using outside to...I live in CA and I use them outside all year round. Anchoring them off of tree branches, fences, playground monkey bars etc. They also travel well to, comes in a mesh bag, super lite weight fitness equipment.
That's a great point - they would be perfect for taking on vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof10 View Post
It's mixed up. Most of your ab work with feet in the ankle straps is straight up and down and your feet are below the anchor point. Also, there are a couple more moves where you are under the anchor point. All the other moves the straps go out diagonal to the anchor point. Sometimes you are facing the anchor point and sometimes you have your back to the anchor point. I normally just go one way with my straps even though I do have room to go either way since I don't have a ceiling fan. Oh yea, I do have a ceiling fan in my workout room at our cottage and I am able to work around it and that workout room is much smaller than mine at home. My DH put that one about 18" away from the fan. My ceilings are higher at our cottage because I am using a bedroom and at home I am in the basement so I had to use an extender with that one which comes with the TRX so I could make the TRX longer. Otherwise, there was no way I could have done the ab work with my feet in the ankle straps, because the straps didn't go down far enough. You should be able to rest with your knees on the floor while in plank on forearms. You shouldn't have any problems with it at all.

Cheryl
Wow - that was so helpful! Thanks so much Cheryl
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-14, 11:17 AM  
antbuko

I wish I could get one but I have no place to suspend it.
Old 10-01-14, 03:28 PM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
I wish I could get one but I have no place to suspend it.
I have a GoFit Elevated Chin Up Station mounted in my door way frame, I used it for years that way and it was awesome, without any problems. BTW it's completely removable easily and portable.
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-14, 05:19 PM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

Just FYI, an ad for TRX just popped up on a website I was viewing and offered 15% off with the code FIT15.
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suspension training, trx