Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-08, 11:27 PM  
weighttrain
VF Supporter

Thanks for sharing. I purchased two of them. I figured they are good for traveling. All I need is a supportive structure and I am in the TRX game!

Beth
Old 04-29-08, 12:26 AM  
flowmom

Just wanted to add that I've been using the TRX with the "door anchor" - just jammed in a regular door with their special attachment. Works fine.
Old 05-09-08, 09:56 AM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Hi Everyone,

I'm reviving this thread because I just bought the TRX home fitness package and got a call from a guy from Fitness Anywhere to let me know there's a workshop in my area on June 1st. Beth, I know you attended the workshop. I'm very tempted to do it, but as a vidiot I'm wondering if it's absolutely essential if I'm already going to get the DVDs with my package. I recently discovered that I have a degenerative disc and my ortho says no heavy lifting and no running anymore. OK, I've got my spin bike and a neighborhood pool, but if TRX (in addition tostuff like Fitness Fix) are going to be my main strength workouts, should I go to the seminar so I get it down 100%?

Thanks for any advice,
Linda
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-08, 10:05 PM  
weighttrain
VF Supporter

Hi Linda, are they going to charge you for the workshop? If so, I would decline. It would cost less to pay a day rate at a local upscale club and take a TRX class or use your DVD's. Also, if you are close to a fitness convention (IDEA, etc.) you might be able to take a workshop.

I went to the TRX training workshop because I can use the ACE continuing education units for my Group Ex renewal (and I also needed a new fitness toy lol).

Beth
Old 05-10-08, 06:44 AM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Thanks Beth. That's pretty much what I was thinking. I'm not a certified fitness teacher and it's really expensive. Good advice about paying the day fee at a club. I can't wait until it gets here and I can start playing around with it!
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-08, 08:20 AM  
weighttrain
VF Supporter

Linda, feel free to send me a PM.

Enjoy your TRX!

Beth

Tags
jungle gym, jungle gym xt, trx