Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-02-05, 11:54 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Jane, Aline and Sharon, I looked at that workshop description for the Ana Forrest on Saturday, but I don't think I'm able to defy gravity yet . It sounds like something for me to aspire to. I'd like to try Ana's yoga, so I bought her video today. Too bad you can't make it to Yamuna's class. I am definitely going to try it out this week. Also, thanks to Aline, who posted the information, I purchased the Fitness and the Yoga passbooks for NYC and I am very excited about trying lots of different studios. Exhale and Om are both on there (I think that taking the 2 free classes at each place will more than pay for the yoga book!). I bought a few extra passbooks, in case any of my friends are interested in going with me.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-05, 06:29 AM  
SharonNYC
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbe G
Jane, Aline and Sharon, I looked at that workshop description for the Ana Forrest on Saturday, but I don't think I'm able to defy gravity yet . It sounds like something for me to aspire to. I'd like to try Ana's yoga, so I bought her video today. Too bad you can't make it to Yamuna's class. I am definitely going to try it out this week.
Abbe, you can report on the Yamuna for us. The Forrest VHS is a nice and gentle intro to Ana. The workshops and her intensive CDs are much more challenging and, well, intense. I think they take a while to work up to.
I'm what I am, and what I am,
Is back on Boogie Street.

Leonard Cohen/Sharon Robinson "Boogie Street" 10 New Songs.

(I have a professional/personal relationship with an instructor who produces video and book material relevant to this site.)
SharonNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-05, 07:47 AM  
Stevie W
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aline
Stevie, Ana's home studio is in LA! Check her website www.forrestyoga.com for info.

She herself is rarely there because of traveling to give workshops but the teachers there are trained by her. And she does swing by her hometown for at least a couple of workshops per year. Definitely go if you can!
thanks for the link Aline. I think this is probablly more advanced than I can handle. I am pretty much a pilates person with little to no experience with yoga in more than 10 years. (EEEK)
thanks for the heads up. sounds like a great place to check out
Stevie
Stevie W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-05, 08:45 AM  
agilejacks

Lexy & Andrea

I've been doing Body Rolling at Fitness Arts in Palatine. They have Yamuna in a couple times during the year for workshops. They've got several people certified in Body Rolling and Body Logic. Check 'em out!

Mary
agilejacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-05, 02:55 PM  
MelissaA

I'm pump-less

Aw, my Yamuna kit arrived today, but the pump is on back order. I proudly wore the deflated ball as a hat for a few minutes, but it just wasn't the same.
MelissaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-05, 03:04 PM  
new2me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaA
Aw, my Yamuna kit arrived today, but the pump is on back order. I proudly wore the deflated ball as a hat for a few minutes, but it just wasn't the same.

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-05, 03:34 PM  
Barb
VF Supporter

Oh Melissa!!! I'm sure that a regular basketball needle pump will work. Just make sure that when you insert the needle you go straight in. (The Yamuna needle pump works well with the Fitball balls and the Fitball customer service person said that any needle pump would work -0 maybe you should run that by the Yamuna people first!)
Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-05, 03:41 PM  
AcademiaNut
VF Supporter

Mary, does Fitness Arts have a website? I googled it, and couldn't find anything. Especially if we could do it in the next two weeks, we could schedule a western suburbs get-together. Palatine isn't all THAT far!

Andrea
Old 01-03-05, 05:11 PM  
Jane C
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonNYC
Sounds like Rolfing to me. Some people swear by it.
I was Rolfed in the seventies. I was there, and I remember it

It was good, actually. If Yamuna is like Rolfing, I'll be very pleased.

Come, come, whoever you are.
Wanderer, idolator, worshipper of fire,
come even though you have broken your vows a thousand times,
Come, and come yet again.
Ours is not a caravan of despair.

Rumi
Jane C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-05, 06:38 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by agilejacks
I've been doing Body Rolling at Fitness Arts in Palatine. They have Yamuna in a couple times during the year for workshops. They've got several people certified in Body Rolling and Body Logic. Check 'em out!

Mary
Palatine is doable. Andrea must be excited about this because she's much further west than I am! I'm all for a Western Suburbs sumpin! Are there more than 2 of us out here?
Lexy
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cheryl soleway, stomach massage, yamuna, yamuna ball substitutes