Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-08-04, 04:54 PM  
Stephanie_B

Contests I think depend

For example when I had my letter published in Fitness magazine years ago Cathe sent me a VERY nice handwritten note and a VHS tape (see it was awhile ago as she didn't make DVDs then LOL); but, I thought she was quality before she did that and after.

Whereas I tend not to comment on the T-Tapp threads, namely since Lannette IMO does a great job!

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-04, 05:12 PM  
Susan

I like the new policy; it's very well-structured and fair to all.

THANK YOU!!!

Susan
Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-04, 05:14 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Thanks, Wendy and moderators!!!

The new guidelines seem very balanced, fair and sensible. And Crystal, thanks for asking about the contests. I won a nice bathrobe from Wendilee, but, while it's nice, it doesn't make me any more inclined to add BBF to my list of favs.

Job well done, ladies!!!
Old 11-08-04, 05:38 PM  
Seabush

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcjasp
The new guidelines seem very balanced, fair and sensible. And Crystal, thanks for asking about the contests. I won a nice bathrobe from Wendilee, but, while it's nice, it doesn't make me any more inclined to add BBF to my list of favs.

Job well done, ladies!!!
Lydia,

I personally don't believe that winning a contest translates into a conflict of interest that requires you to disclose anything or make the winner's posts suspect. However, I believed it was important to raise the question due to increasing numbers of contests that seem to be cropping up from various instructors.

Crystal
Seabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-04, 05:55 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Good point...this could be a problem for some, but so far the prizes aren't really big...I can see where winning a trip to workout with a favorite instructor could be a problem???? But things like bathrobes or free dvds, I don't think so.
Old 11-08-04, 05:58 PM  
Joe

Big Thanks To The Mods

Since I seemed to be at the center of much of the controversy and part of the reason for the changes, I must give a huge thank you to all the moderators for the hard work they put into the policy change. It's something that I wholeheartedly is much better balanced for absolutely everybody on here. I feel much better about being here with the new policy.

((((((((((((MODERATORS))))))))))))
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-04, 09:12 PM  
gypsygirl64

Thanks WWWendy for all of your hard work! This place is a GREAT place to be and it is because of all of your hard work (and the mods).

Thank you.

Laura
gypsygirl64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-04, 09:18 PM  
PamelaP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe
((((((((((((MODERATORS))))))))))))
At the risk of sounding like Elmo, hugs feel good! LOL
PamelaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-04, 10:36 PM  
meggie
VF Supporter

Wendy & The Mods:

Great work. Love the policy. Kudos to all of you for keeping the board a civil and informative and warm place to visit.

xxoo
Meg
Old 11-08-04, 11:33 PM  
Joanna
VF Supporter

I have added this to my profile and sig as per guidelines. Question: I did not see mention in these guideliens about rules regarding posting. Do these still apply? I am just wondering because there at times posts that ask a question I might have an answer to. In the past you had requested that I use the report to moderator function and reply to the moderators. Does this rule still apply, or does the disclosure statement cover me if I want to reply to factual questions such as shipping or emails for customer service for example. If so, that's fine and I'll abide of course.

Joanna
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky