Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-16-20, 12:32 PM  
Poodlepants

Thumbs down Does anyone have good customer service anymore?

This is a rant. I am keeping things like instructor's sex general, because I don't want a rabid fan base coming at me at this instructor's website. :P

I have belonged to a streaming website for a nearly three years. I like to stream these workouts from my iPad to Apple TV and it works most of the time. This instructor recently upgraded their website and since then, the website crashes after a certain amount of time and I can't stream anymore. I actually get a message saying the website has crashed from my browser. So, I contacted support and explained, in detail what was going on (with lots of smilies, so nobody thinks I am hostile). I heard nothing, so four days later, I resent the email. In the meantime, the website is crashing after the same amount of time and disrupting my workouts. I waited a few more days. I finally posted publicly on this instructor's site, begging for help. I briefly explained what was going on--again with smilies, b/c I have seen this instructor get snippy with others if they complain about something.

I got an unhelpful reply. They said support is good at responding to emails, they didn't know what happened. They also said there was no way that the website was the issue, it was Vimeo, who hosts the videos. This instructor has always used Vimeo and, again, I had no issues prior to this website upgrade. They said it was probably because the signal was weak and there was nothing they could do--and that was it. They also deleted the interaction.

There was no "Let me look into this." or "Could you please resend the email?" They just dismissed me out of hand and refused to look further into my issue.

I am torn, because I have been enjoying these workouts, but I really don't want to give money to someone who dismisses a customer with an issue.

I was just so disappointed with the whole interaction.
Old 02-16-20, 12:37 PM  
fanofladyvols

This is why I buy DVDs.

I am sorry you have had a frustrating experience. I am sorry I can't offer any technical support to you.

And in response to your original question, yes, I have always had the best customer service with Mary at totalfitness and Patagonia.

Those two are my gold stars. ++++

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-20, 01:33 PM  
Gams

There are a lot of places with horrible customer service, but I’ve always had great customer service at Chewy.com.

Sorry this is happening to you but I don’t know much in this area, so can’t make suggestions. I can imagine how frustrating it must be.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-20, 01:39 PM  
Fitstick

I know you don’t want backlash, but I wish I knew what instructor you are referring to for streaming so that I can avoid him/her. I have had issues with streaming Cathe Live periodically and sometimes I get frustrated because they always seem to say the issues are on my end when I know they are not. If the platform has changed, I try to be a bit more patient because it may take a little time to stabilize. However, we are paying for a service and it needs to work.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-20, 01:41 PM  
Lannette

I am sorry to hear this. I had a similar thing happen with Callanetics Streaming. I had no issues until they changed the platform and suddenly it became impossible to use. They were responsive but no fix they suggested worked. It was really frustrating. At least I had a good selection of their old downloads and DVDs to fall back on.

Mary at Total Fitness DVDs has unparalleled customer service.
Pilates.ology is also great.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-20, 02:03 PM  
mamaste

What browser are you using? Do other browsers crash as well? If their CS can’t help you, maybe one of us can.
Old 02-17-20, 06:53 PM  
Sollamyn

I don't use any streaming services like what you describe. It's traditional DVDs or free Youtube for me, or whatever comes with my Amazon Prime Video!

That being said, Jessica Smith has great customer service. And Mary at totalfitness.com, of course! Heck, I've even had pretty good customer service from Amazon--but that was just some minor issues regarding returning stuff to them. Even if I didn't end up getting what I wanted, it didn't cost me anything except a little bit of time and effort.

Good luck getting your issues straightened out. Can you just drop the service, maybe?

Donna
Old 02-18-20, 06:29 AM  
Carol K

I'm not having any problems with FitFusion. I use Chromecast to stream. I recently got power of attorney for my dad's Schwab accounts and the customer service there is excellent.
Old 02-18-20, 07:45 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Yes, I get awesome customer service at Blue Apron, Chewy, Amazon, LLBean and Total Fitness dvds.
Which, now that I think about it, pretty much covers the only places I shop.
Old 02-18-20, 08:27 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
There are a lot of places with horrible customer service, but I’ve always had great customer service at Chewy.com.

Sorry this is happening to you but I don’t know much in this area, so can’t make suggestions. I can imagine how frustrating it must be.
I agree with Chewy.com having great customer service. A few years ago I ordered an urn for my two Norfolks' ashes. I ordered the wrong size and asked to return it for the correct size. They had me order the correct size, they credited the price I had paid for the incorrect size, didn't charge a new shipping fee and told me to keep the wrong one. The icing on the cake - I received a handwritten condolence note a couple of weeks later expressing sympathy for the loss of my dog.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad customer service