Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-14-14, 07:50 PM  
SherBear

I'm going through serious withdrawals here.
I checked today and it looks like there are 6 dvds left.
Received my 2nd to last shipment this afternoon and wanted to check out the videos on a few so I googled them and got a collage link to the videos. I wondered how long that would last.

They had the total package. Great navigation, easy to see videos, customer service, ratings, reputation, catalogs that would take precedence over my gardening mags (heh, that says a lot in my dirtundermyfingernails world)

My fitness 'feel good' workouts changed when I got older, or maybe the work week was tough, or maybe I needed a no-mercy one to challenge me.
Whatever it was the site or magazine guided me to what i needed.

As for the instructors posting...they should be Hurt by this. Not sure if it was greed on the instructors part or Collage but there is a give and take for the price of the video offered.
I remember Cathe videos stripped from Collage for a period of time.

Any who, Thank you Collagevideo.com . You are the Original. You made me a healthier person, no better compliment
SherBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-14, 12:16 PM  
cambet

Wow, I'm stunned! I went to Collage a few minutes ago to check out clips and saw that they are going out of business. I immediately came here. Just read through this whole thread. I'm shocked and saddened.

I was going to place a final order, but it seems that almost everything is already gone! For this to have just been announced on Tuesday, it seems that their stock has FLOWN off the shelves!!! I'm not interested in the remaining DVDs.

Wow. Sad day. I will miss them.
Old 03-15-14, 05:04 PM  
antbuko

I already posted upthread, but my gosh, I am just so, so saddened by this. I guess all good things must come to an end but it's hard to accept. Look how many of us found VF because of Collage. And say what you will about them not changing to compete better, which is of course true, the fact is, I don't think the fitness video industry would be what it is today if not for Collage. I don't know that there would even be a TotalfitnessDVDs.com if Collage had not paved the way. So many instructors sell their videos on their own sites, but how much more exposure they got by selling on Collage as well! There was an unmet need when Collage launched and continued to grow their inventory year by year. Sadly, it is just tough for small business to remain competitive.
Old 03-15-14, 05:33 PM  
gigi

I wish they had been open to ideas so they could compete better and I am sad that they are coming to an end. Collage is how I "met" Cathe, then her form, then VF, then an entire world of at home fitness I never knew existed.

You are right, they merchandise literally flew off the shelves! Their stock is GONE.
Old 03-15-14, 06:01 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

I keep reading all of the collage threads, and it is hard to accept that a great business has come to a close.

and also a little sad that the supposed buyer of collage didn't materialize and continue the business.

the fitness industry should come up with an alternative. they have the resources and brain power. yes, it's true there's still amazon, and many of the giants (beachbody, gaiam) have their own webpages....

but the small independent producers have to fend for themselves. even if there is the internet, it's nice to have a site dedicated to promoting many different brands.

yes, there is Mary and Jen, but the market is big enough to have more that specialize in fitness videos.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-14, 06:42 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccergal23 View Post
I'm going to miss Collage. I really enjoyed the bar graphs showing the segment breakdowns, reviews, and catalogs. My first video (VHS) from them was Kathy Smith's Step around 1990. Several of the remaining videos on the site now are pregnancy DVDs - I'm almost 7 weeks pregnant, so it was a great way to place one last order through them
Wow! That's AWESOME NEWS!! I'm so glad for you!! Congrats!!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-14, 10:16 AM  
carole r.

I'm so out of the loop. I will really miss Collage. I wish that they could stay in business somehow. Mary's site is good, but not as informative as Collage. Also, her selection isn't as good as Collage's was. Lately, I haven't been bluing near ass many DVDs. I've been doing YouTube workouts, downloads, and using all my old stuff. Still, I will really miss Collage. I guess it's the circle of life. I'm sad for the Collage Staff, too. They are the best!
Old 04-06-14, 10:47 AM  
carole r.

Oh, and I just noticed that one of the few videos that they have left was my FIRST exercise video. Kathy Smith's Pregnancy workout. That one got me through two pregnancies. It's just so sad.
Old 04-06-14, 11:08 AM  
Bebop

I miss them already. But, Marry is great! I use her to order Beachbody workouts. Her customer service is awesome.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-14, 03:54 PM  
pfhanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by carole r. View Post
I'm so out of the loop. I will really miss Collage. I wish that they could stay in business somehow. Mary's site is good, but not as informative as Collage. Also, her selection isn't as good as Collage's was. Lately, I haven't been bluing near ass many DVDs. I've been doing YouTube workouts, downloads, and using all my old stuff. Still, I will really miss Collage. I guess it's the circle of life. I'm sad for the Collage Staff, too. They are the best!
I totally agree with you

Tags
collage, collage forum, collage video, collagevideo, collagevideo.com