Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-21-12, 07:22 PM  
SAF

Calling CS is an option, however, when I sent the 4/5 dvds back I wrote them a letter explaining "why" I was returning each and every one. They should have made note of that and not just spit a letter out. I took the time to do that, I didn't just send them back without an explanation and it was not a habitual thing, at all, so they can take the same time to make a note in their system.

Thanks to those who understand my frustration, I really appreciate your responses.
SAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 07:25 PM  
LAC

This past winter I placed three or four large orders with Sierra Trading Post and ended up returning a couple of items from each order. I then received an email from them about my "excessive" returns. Is it my fault that women's clothing sizes aren't standard and it is impossible to know whether something will fit without receiving it and trying it on? Their email really ticked me off and I won't order from them anymore. It sounds to me like Collage treated SAF in the same manner and I don't blame her for being irritated.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 07:31 PM  
kauaigirl

Location: Wisconsin. But I'll always be a Michigan girl at heart!
Sancho, I am also a bulimic buyer. I have small kids, so going to the store and trying on armloads of clothes is just not an option for me. I will often grab a bunch of stuff to try on at home and bring back what doesn't work. I do this all the time at TJ Maxx (really the only place near me that sells good quality things for decent prices). I hope I don't get flagged! I keep WAY more than I return and I'd be miffed if they sent me that kind of letter.

I did have Half Price Books send a manager up to speak with me after I returned about $75 worth of boxed set DVDs. I bought the first four seasons of House for my sister and then discovered that I could get them at swapadvd, so I returned them. They were in perfect condition, I had the receipt, and it was only a few days after I purchased them (so I clearly didn't have time to go home and watch them all!!). The manager told me that I had returned too many things. I pointed out to him that I had spent literally HUNDREDS of dollars there since the store had opened, but that didn't move him. He was really nasty to me and said that, if I wanted to return something in the future, I had to deal with him directly. Made me feel like a criminal. I haven't been back since.
Old 05-21-12, 07:38 PM  
CoolGirlinFl888

Walmart and Ross have similar return policies that if you return so many things that you are flagged or something BUT this is if you do not have a receipt. If you have the receipt, things are fine but if you don't you must show your license and it's logged into the computer so if you try to return too many things in a certain amount of time I guess it gets red flagged.
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 07:44 PM  
PeakFitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolGirlinFl888 View Post
Walmart and Ross have similar return policies that if you return so many things that you are flagged or something BUT this is if you do not have a receipt. If you have the receipt, things are fine but if you don't you must show your license and it's logged into the computer so if you try to return too many things in a certain amount of time I guess it gets red flagged.
I got flagged by Walmart, but like you said, it was only b/c there was no receipt (wedding gifts).
Old 05-21-12, 08:00 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I used to work at Walmart. There is a reason that most companies have a policy like this. Sadly, there are people that will buy an item, whether it is a piece of clothing (bought with the intention of wearing it once and returning) or buying a lawnmower, (Yes it is true!) keeping it for a few months, and then returning it for a new one! Many people have abused the return policy at stores/businesses, making it very hard for honest people to make legitimate returns

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 08:30 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaigirl View Post
I am also a bulimic buyer.
Well put, KG!

I feel for ya, SAF. I don't buy a lot from Collage these days, but I've bought and returned (and re-bought and re-returned) so many DVDs from Total Fitness DVDs that I think the next return will be the last and Mary will ban me!

(In my defense, a great number of them have been unopened.)

And I always include a long note to her explaining my thinking, state of mind, etc. I always ask for store credit so as not to leave her in a financial lurch.

Strangely enough, Mary has chosen to keep me as a customer, God love 'er!

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 09:45 PM  
bfit

Right or wrong, many companies have automatically computer-generated letters that go out to anyone and everyone who has triggered such a response whether it's returning x number of products or whatever. I think it's possible that the people at Collage were entirely sympathetic to your situation, but the letter was just generated anyway. A long time ago when I was in school I worked at a mortgage company that sent out letters about all kinds of things. Unfortunately, it was my job to answer the phones, and I got lots of complaints about the letters, but no one in my office had any control over these letters, and I didn't even know where they came from or how they were generated.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 09:54 PM  
roleez
VF Supporter

Quote:
I feel for ya, SAF. I don't buy a lot from Collage these days, but I've bought and returned (and re-bought and re-returned) so many DVDs from Total Fitness DVDs that I think the next return will be the last and Mary will ban me!

(In my defense, a great number of them have been unopened.)
Oh I can so see that from you Julie

I do feel for you too SAF, I didn't understand the post at first but now that you have explained, it would bother me too! It appears to me that Collage has a return no matter what policy - if you don't like the workout, you are okay returning it within 30 days. If that's their policy, they shouldn't send you the letter, especially considering you even sent a note explaining why each was returned. Sorry you had to deal with that, maybe you should stop buying from them!
Old 05-21-12, 09:59 PM  
LCC
VF Supporter

Since there aren't a lot of companies that will even consider letting you return an opened dvd, it makes sense that Collage would have a statistic in place to look for people who might be buying/copying/returning.

As upsetting as it is, you probably just triggered an automatic warning. If they've always been nothing but nice to you, why not call them and ask them about it before blowing up? You might save yourself some blood pressure points.

Laura (LCC)
LCC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collage, collage video, collagevideo.com, returns, scratched dvds