Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-29-11, 02:21 PM  
fit1

As much as I would love to order from Collage, their international shipping fees are outrageous. I wish they'd lower them. It would be nice to order from them again.
fit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 02:38 PM  
mtnmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhere2dance View Post
I've ordered from them through Amazon several times and my orders have always arrived within days. Their service, to me, is just as good as Mary's.
I've never noticed their listings through Amazon, could you link an example?
Old 01-29-11, 02:54 PM  
cmarsh4

I just did a comparison of 6 DVD on my wish list.
The DVD were:
Cathe High Reps
Cathe STS Total Body
ASAP Hollywood Bootcamp
Ellen Barrett slim sculpt
Ellen Barrett Barefoot Cardio
Firm Zero in 10

Total Fitness with 10% discount $92.56
Collage $95.94
Amazon $106.35
all included US shipping

If I would have just chose the two Cathe's and the Firm Zero in 10, Collage would have been the better deal.
cmarsh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 09:06 PM  
sundari

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ525 View Post
I believe it's Feb. 18th
Thanks for posting the "sale end date" for Collage.
Old 01-29-11, 09:19 PM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit1 View Post
As much as I would love to order from Collage, their international shipping fees are outrageous. I wish they'd lower them. It would be nice to order from them again.
Someone on Collage forum was very vocal about their international shipping charges, and Collage has now been looking into how to ship international using a different method to bring down their international shipping charges, I give them props for wanting to improve this situation

http://www.collagevideo.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=103197
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 09:36 PM  
primdaisy

I buy most of my vid's from TotalFitness these days. Between the free shipping for $19 and above, the 10% discount, cheaper prices & the new rewards system, I can always get a good deal. And I don't think Collage's customer service is any better than TF. And TF has DVD's that Collage doesn't always carry. And I get my orders pretty darn fast, so it's more than comparable in my opinion.
primdaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 10:13 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by primdaisy View Post
I buy most of my vid's from TotalFitness these days. Between the free shipping for $19 and above, the 10% discount, cheaper prices & the new rewards system, I can always get a good deal. And I don't think Collage's customer service is any better than TF. And TF has DVD's that Collage doesn't always carry. And I get my orders pretty darn fast, so it's more than comparable in my opinion.
ITA

I never understood why Collage didn't have lower prices (at least a bit under the suggested retail price. I'd think it would have brought them more business.

I buy from Collage occasionally, but mostly from Mary or sometimes from Amazon.com .

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 10:30 PM  
aunatural

I also appreciate the lower prices on Collage and wish they were permanent. That being said, whether I order from Mary or Collage, it still takes the same amount of time to get to me- usually 7-10 days. I don't think one uses a faster shipping method than the other. Collage is in Minnesota and Mary is in Wisconsin. That's not much of a difference in shipping times to Georgia when both are using USPS. The only place I can count on to get my DVDs to me in about 3 days is Amazon. Fitness Favorites is also pretty fast but they're practically next door to me.

2014 Goal- Be consistent! Embrace yoga!
aunatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-11, 01:02 AM  
Just_Jo

Collage also has workouts that Mary doesn't carry--that works both ways.

I order from both Mary and Collage, Amazon Marketplace and sometimes Advanced Workouts. Today I finally placed an order with Mary (smallest order I've ever placed with her! ) and I also placed one with Collage.

I live in Minnesota so I have to pay sales tax with Collage, which is the only drawback.

Most of my orders go to Mary due to the sales tax, 10off, plus her rewards program. Now if Collage would do the 10off discount and start a rewards program, I think that would boost their sales.

I appreciate their sale and effort. I do feel obligated to buy from them a few times a year because I use their video clips. I think that's the least I can do.
Just_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-11, 06:37 AM  
lucia
VF Supporter

I called Collage about when the sale prices would end and the person there told me that the online prices were subject to change at any time (catalog prices were a different matter, I think) but that Collage is now trying to stay competitive with Amazon and their other competitors on pricing. So, they should (supposedly) have sale prices on things pretty often. I love the workout breakdowns they provide so was happy to place an order from them last week - low prices on 4 dvds!. I ordered from Total Fitness, too, of course . As to why I ordered even more dvds when I am currently injured...well, I am a vidiot.

Tags
collage, collage video, collagevideo.com, mary, totalfitnessdvds