Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-01-20, 12:08 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I still have my set. They are too fast moving for me, but I hold onto them thinking maybe "someday" I will be able to use them again.
I was so happy when I found turbofire at the thrift store, but now that I've done a few of the workouts I think they are too fast for me, too. I feel like my form suffers at the rapid pace and my arms are just flailing around. I'll hold on to them for a bit for "someday" too!
Old 02-01-20, 01:00 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I was so happy when I found turbofire at the thrift store, but now that I've done a few of the workouts I think they are too fast for me, too. I feel like my form suffers at the rapid pace and my arms are just flailing around. I'll hold on to them for a bit for "someday" too!
I think after switching to Body Combat I can't do Turbo Fire anymore. I love the focus on form during Body Combat, and I can't turn that off. I think Body Combat is safer for me since I have some chronic injuries.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-20, 07:49 AM  
Karla25

Heading out for an early dinner last evening with my husband, I decided to check out a thrift store that has a buy one dvd get one free policy. Not expecting to find much, I was surprised to find a mother lode of Beachbody thrift store workouts. I excitedly scooped up The Master’s Hammer, a sealed 3 Week Yoga Retreat, the newer version of Slim in 6 along with a Leslie Sansone 1 Mile Walk. I’m happy with my $4 purchase :-) Although, after reading some of the reviews, I think Hammer might be too hard for me -burpees with weights, eek!
Old 02-14-20, 09:28 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
Heading out for an early dinner last evening with my husband, I decided to check out a thrift store that has a buy one dvd get one free policy. Not expecting to find much, I was surprised to find a mother lode of Beachbody thrift store workouts. I excitedly scooped up The Master’s Hammer, a sealed 3 Week Yoga Retreat, the newer version of Slim in 6 along with a Leslie Sansone 1 Mile Walk. I’m happy with my $4 purchase :-) Although, after reading some of the reviews, I think Hammer might be too hard for me -burpees with weights, eek!
Wowee what a haul!!

Good for you Karla!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-20, 10:39 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
I am jealous! Great finds!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-20, 07:14 AM  
Hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Three books: Joyce Vedral Bottoms up hardcover, Brad Schoenfield Sculpting her body perfect w/ DVD, Rachel McLish Perfect Parts.

I have never tried Jeanette Jenkins but have read great stuff about her and I was thrilled to get such a nice copy of Bottoms up. The other two I scooped up because when I flipped through them they looked good. Perfect parts felt like a historical find to me,
Isn't Brad the co-author of most of Bret Contreras ' work? I'd consider that a score fosr SURE!!!
Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-20, 05:33 PM  
CharM

It's about darned time I found something I wanted at Goodwill. I saw it for $12 on ebay a while back but it hasn't been for sale that low since then.
Prevention Toning Transformation

and something I left behind, but will buy it if it's there next time
Dance Fitness with Jessica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2huVz9RFi8
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-20, 06:11 PM  
fanofladyvols

Thanks Hedgehog! I have only skimmed it but it does look good.
I will be reading it after I finish a couple of others that have grabbed my attention.

I'm glad you found something you wanted CharM!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-20, 08:08 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
It's about darned time I found something I wanted at Goodwill. I saw it for $12 on ebay a while back but it hasn't been for sale that low since then.
Prevention Toning Transformation

and something I left behind, but will buy it if it's there next time
Dance Fitness with Jessica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2huVz9RFi8
wtg! what does your Goodwill charge fo DVDs? ours is $2.99. I saw the Cize set at ours the other day for $2.99 for the entire set.

at Savers, I picked up 2 Dance that Walk (Cardio Party and Total Body Circuit) for $2.99 each, one of Leslie's Jenny Craig workouts, and Slim Series Express Cool It Off.

saw but didn't get:
Bosu Integrated Balance Training DVD
a trove of Firm workouts - pink Firms, TF series, BSS1
TA
a few Jillian Michaels workouts
Blue Leslie Sansone ball weight set - good condition too

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-20, 08:44 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I'm glad you found something you wanted CharM!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
wtg! what does your Goodwill charge fo DVDs? ours is $2.99. I saw the Cize set at ours the other day for $2.99 for the entire set.

at Savers, I picked up 2 Dance that Walk (Cardio Party and Total Body Circuit) for $2.99 each, one of Leslie's Jenny Craig workouts, and Slim Series Express Cool It Off.
Ours charges $3.99 and wow, great finds, especially the Cize set.
Our local Savers dropped their prices to $2.99, but I never find anything.

Wasn't there a whole thread dedicated to Leslie's blue balls? It seems familiar.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitball, knee pad, thrift store, thrift store finds