Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Recipe Box
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-20, 02:36 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Good review. I don’t think getting a refurbished is a bad choice. Since they still have warrantee. Thank you. I’m still on the hunt as we speak

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-20, 03:44 PM  
IceQueen07

I have Artisan 5 quart Stand Mixer. I got from QVC when they were having a promo. I don't know how often they do them as this was a couple of years ago, but it came with several attachments and had every color available.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-20, 03:47 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

I ❤️Qvc. Just wish I knew when they were having another show on them. Bed bath and beyond is probably also got to catch a sale on. I already looked in the program guide and kitchaid is not on it so fR

~~~Cheryl

Old 02-13-20, 04:35 PM  
sherry7899

I do not know what color you want, but Wal-Mart has a sale for President 's Day:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/KitchenAi...eout/176835078

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-20, 04:38 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

That’s the exact color I wanted but just yesterday I bought a cuisinart. I’m loving it. Just used it today. Thank you ❤️❤️

~~~Cheryl

Old 02-13-20, 06:54 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
That’s the exact color I wanted but just yesterday I bought a cuisinart. I’m loving it. Just used it today. Thank you ❤️❤️
I am so glad you bought one! Have a great time using it.

Old 02-20-20, 06:33 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Cheryl, glad you found one.

fwiw, I borrowed my aunt's kitchenaid mixer. I don't know what model it was. as much as I liked it, it didn't fit* between the lower counter and the upper cabinet when i lifted the beaters up. you do need a large working space on the counter because it has a large footprint.

it is pretty bulky and you'll need to consider where you plan to store it, including the attachments.

when I was mixing dough in the kitchenaid, the beaters wouldn't scrape the very bottom of the bowl. I had to lift the beater arm, scrape the bottom, then resume mixing.

I returned the kitchenaid to my aunt after sampling my friend's sunbeam mixmaster, a smaller stand mixer. I found a good sunbeam mixmaster at a thrift store and really like it. it has 2 bowl sizes, which makes it very adaptable. the model I have uses glass bowls, which allows me to put it in the microwave. the small bowl fits in the microwave. the big one might fit, but I wouldn't need to use it in the microwave.

if you plan to do heavy duty mixing, and many batches of dough or batter, Kitchenaid is the way to go. I now have lots of space to accommodate a kitchenaid, but the sunbeam suits my needs.

Costco sells the Kitchenaid mixer, and maybe even Sam's club. they go on sale periodically.

*this was before I had my kitchen remodeled.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-20, 12:52 PM  
LAC

My family surprised me this past week with a KitchenAid Artisan tilt-head stand mixer. I have neck and shoulder issues that make it increasingly difficult to stir by hand. They don't want me to stop baking and thought this might help me out.

I finally have time this weekend to use it. I took it out of the box today and noticed that it is a tight fit between my countertop and the bottom of the kitchen cabinets. I'll have to pull it close to the edge to be able to use the tilt feature. I have a center island, but it is at bar height and not a comfortable work space for me as a short person. While I am very excited to have this new toy, I may need to remodel my kitchen in order to properly work with it, lol!

Does anybody have a favorite attachment? I have a coupon for 25% off the first one I purchase. Not sure if or what I might want.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-20, 05:37 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
My family surprised me this past week with a KitchenAid Artisan tilt-head stand mixer. I have neck and shoulder issues that make it increasingly difficult to stir by hand. They don't want me to stop baking and thought this might help me out.

I finally have time this weekend to use it. I took it out of the box today and noticed that it is a tight fit between my countertop and the bottom of the kitchen cabinets. I'll have to pull it close to the edge to be able to use the tilt feature. I have a center island, but it is at bar height and not a comfortable work space for me as a short person. While I am very excited to have this new toy, I may need to remodel my kitchen in order to properly work with it, lol!

Does anybody have a favorite attachment? I have a coupon for 25% off the first one I purchase. Not sure if or what I might want.
LAC, congratulations on your mixer!! Mine came with the paddle and dough hook.

I bought this attachment with Amazon reward points:

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...der-attachment

I have only used it to shred cheese so far. It works really well for that. I have to remember to try it to slice zucchini and shred carrots. I will report back after I try that out

I had debated getting the pasta attachment, but I don't think I'd use it enough. I already have an ice cream maker (bought on clearance at Kohl's) that is gathering dust, so I skipped getting that for the Kitchen Aid.

Old 05-25-20, 08:54 AM  
LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
LAC, congratulations on your mixer!! Mine came with the paddle and dough hook.

I bought this attachment with Amazon reward points:

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...der-attachment

I have only used it to shred cheese so far. It works really well for that. I have to remember to try it to slice zucchini and shred carrots. I will report back after I try that out

I had debated getting the pasta attachment, but I don't think I'd use it enough. I already have an ice cream maker (bought on clearance at Kohl's) that is gathering dust, so I skipped getting that for the Kitchen Aid.
Thanks Sherry! For my first use, I mixed chocolate chip cookie dough and I can't believe how easy it was. One day this week I'm planning to test it out with making mashed potatoes. I'm already looking around to see what else I can use it for, lol!

My mixer came with a stainless steel bowl, a paddle, a dough hook, a whisk and a funnel-type cover to pour ingredients through. Like you, I already have a stand-alone ice cream maker gathering dust. I can't picture myself using the pasta maker right now, although maybe in a few years when I retire. The slicer/shredder set you linked to at BB&B looks good. Would it work to slice potatoes? My husband is all about scalloped potatoes lately, which I don't mind doing for Sunday dinner, but they take too long for me to make for supper after working all day. If I can use the KitchenAid to slice potatoes, that would speed things along.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kitchenaid, stand mixers