Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-19, 06:11 AM  
bubbles76

Need new tubing - I'm Too Short!

Hi! So I own the bodylastics tubing from many years ago. Think I got them back in 2010 or 2011? While I love the quality of the bands and the fact that you can stack them, I didn't use them as much as I thought I would. Mainly because once you add on the handles they were too long for me! The only exercises that felt comfortable were those that I was doing overhead. Otherwise, I would have to hold the tubing itself and forgo the handles.

As it's time to replace my bodylastics, I'm wondering if I should just get new tubing from somewhere else? Anyone have suggestions for tubing that is as high quality as bodylastics but better for someone shorter? I'm 5'5.

Thanks!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-19, 07:34 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Wow I'm 5'5" too and I can never get tubing to work for me for overhead exercises because I can't pull it high enough. It's never long enough for me . Maybe I should look into bodylastics.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-19, 08:16 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Wow I'm 5'5" too and I can never get tubing to work for me for overhead exercises because I can't pull it high enough. It's never long enough for me . Maybe I should look into bodylastics.
Same here and I'm 5'4"!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-19, 09:57 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I've pretty much given up on tubing. It's too long for some exercises, too short for others and I ended up doing the same thing---grabbing the tube instead of the handle. I have found bands easier to adjust, although in general I don't use them often either.

I think there was a thread awhile back about the covered tubing/bands that look to be a bit safer as well since I worry about them snapping and hitting me in some vital body part. Don't recall if the discussion got into tube length.

Maybe someone has a suggestion about a source for getting tubing that is various lengths as well as strengths. That would interest me.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-20, 08:09 PM  
bubbles76

Reviving Old Thread

***OLD THREAD ALERT***

Still looking for bands or tubing. Even considering those pull up assist bands. Like Cataddict, I'm afraid of a band snapping and hitting some vital body part. Any suggestions?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-20, 06:36 PM  
katmom

Maybe check this site. I don’t own these but have a similar brand that I like. These are a better pricing than I have.

https://clenchfitness.com/

Tags
bodylastics, tubing