Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-04-17, 01:56 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by m42 View Post
Ok I'm part of that fringe and I'm very busty...36G. When I have to conform bralettes can stop movement and give a gentle lift. This http://www.hanes.com/shop/hanes/wome....google.com%2F is pretty cozy also. My shoulders still ache at the end of the day though ☹️.
I'm joining that fringe. What bralettes in particular have worked for you? I'm only a 40D, so what works for you would probably work for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFirmer View Post
I buy VS lounge bras. I went through breast cancer about 8 years ago and my scars were always irritated by underwires. Not to mention the area where it had been radiated. But with lounge bras I don't notice this at all!
Ouch! Glad you found something. Is there a particular you prefer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Hi,
Since I discovered Coobie Seamless Bras I have never gone back!! They are super comfy:

https://shopcoobie.com/

Donna
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianestjohn View Post
Me too. I love them, so comfortable, not restrictive, good enough support, lots of colors. I never wear anything else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post
Since I've switched to this style I've never looked back. So comfortable.
All you Coobie users, I've been curious about these, but I'm kind of confused by them. It looks like they have padded inserts. Do you use them or leave them out? Are the machine washable? What do you think of the thin straps - are the comfortable? Or do you use the one with the wide strap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
I don't like underwire bras, fell like I have a cage strapped to me. This wire free WonderBra is my favorite for every day. https://www.wonderbra.ca/products-pa...-casual/w2483/
For workouts and walking/hiking I wear something similar to Donna's Coobie.
What is the Coobie knockoff that you use?

Has anyone used this Miracle Bamboo Bra? Or perhaps the Blue Canoe Coobie-knockoff (although it is kind of spendy.)

Quote:
It's not just that wires are uncomfortable. Energetically they cut off the energy in your meridians running up and down your body. Back when I had underwire bras one day I cut them and removed all the wires and found not only greater comfort and ease, but still had plenty of support without them, and felt like my energy was no longer cut in half.
I've heard this. I've also heard that bras in general limit the lymph flow. Definitely limits movement, as I've discovered.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-17, 02:29 PM  
Titus2woman

Quote:
It's not just that wires are uncomfortable. Energetically they cut off the energy in your meridians running up and down your body. Back when I had underwire bras one day I cut them and removed all the wires and found not only greater comfort and ease, but still had plenty of support without them, and felt like my energy was no longer cut in half.
OH this is a great idea!!!

m42, you are inspiring me! I'm possibly larger than a G, and I worried that the fabric would stretch enough for me. Have you not found this to be a problem? TIA!

More people fail from a lack of encouragement than anything else!
Titus2woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-17, 07:41 PM  
spotted zebra

Just the tiniest slit at the back will do to pull the wire out. The first time I pulled one out and looked at it I thought it looked like a torture device. I wonder who came up with the weird idea of inserting those things in the first place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus2woman View Post
Beyond.Omega, I haven't tried Coobie, just the Hanes bra M42 linked to. I don't like bras with thin straps myself. But I noticed Coobie does have Comfort bras with thicker straps and I might try one of those one of these days. It looks a lot like a Genie bra (in the pictures anyway).

ETA: Yeah, then there's the lymph issue. No wonder going bra-less feels so good.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-17, 07:49 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post

All you Coobie users, I've been curious about these, but I'm kind of confused by them. It looks like they have padded inserts. Do you use them or leave them out? Are the machine washable? What do you think of the thin straps - are the comfortable? Or do you use the one with the wide strap?
I only have one Coobie, but I want more; it's my favorite bra. I usually do wear the inserts (they aren't thick, they're just "modesty pads") though it works fine without them. I take the inserts out to wash the bra, machine wash it in cold water & hang it to dry. Mine has the thin straps but they're surprisingly comfortable.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-17, 08:24 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Beyond Omega -The Coobie knock offs I like are Izod. Bought them at Marshalls in 2 pack for about $12. They don't have padded inserts.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-17, 10:38 PM  
Marilyn

Ok I'm part of that fringe and I'm very busty...36G. When I have to conform bralettes can stop movement and give a gentle lift. This http://www.hanes.com/shop/hanes/wome....google.com%2F is pretty cozy also.
Since I've switched to this style I've never looked back. So comfortable

Spotted Zebra, does this bra have inserts? I can't find anything that says whether it does. I have worn the Genie Bra for years-with an insert but they are worn out and this is a great price!
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-17, 10:53 PM  
m42

Any bralette with a racerback gives a bit more lift. I was getting them from Victoria's Secret before I moved on to the Hanes. The Hanes bralette I get in a large instead of an extra large, but it will stretch out after a while. I wash them by hand to extend their lifespan. Also, contraindicatory though it may be going braless firmed and lifted my breasts. I'm not saying that I have the lift of a teenager, however I require way less support than I used to. Annnddd the only thing that hurts at the end of the day is my feet. Lol And my shoulders if I have to wear the Hanes. Most days I go without and wear a scarf over my bosom for modesty.
m42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-17, 10:54 PM  
m42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn View Post
Ok I'm part of that fringe and I'm very busty...36G. When I have to conform bralettes can stop movement and give a gentle lift. This http://www.hanes.com/shop/hanes/wome....google.com%2F is pretty cozy also.
Since I've switched to this style I've never looked back. So comfortable

Spotted Zebra, does this bra have inserts? I can't find anything that says whether it does. I have worn the Genie Bra for years-with an insert but they are worn out and this is a great price!
Not Spotted Zebra, but there are no inserts in this bra. I don't have a headlight issue though.
Old 02-04-17, 10:58 PM  
m42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus2woman View Post

m42, you are inspiring me! I'm possibly larger than a G, and I worried that the fabric would stretch enough for me. Have you not found this to be a problem? TIA!
It's pretty stretchy and can get stretched out. I get a large, which is a bit smaller than I need, because it will stretch out. When you first put it on it's a little tight but the fabric loosens a lot after a few wears.
Old 02-05-17, 04:13 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Thanks everyone for your comments and replies.

To Coobie fans: It looks like they are doing a Superbowl special today: Buy 2 Get 2 Free. Use code 2BOGO. They had this yesterday too though as a Saturday sale (unaffiliated with the Superbowl), so it might be a general offer they have. It also looks like they do a daily promo and today its 50% off a cami.

Quote:
Any bralette with a racerback gives a bit more lift. I was getting them from Victoria's Secret before I moved on to the Hanes. The Hanes bralette I get in a large instead of an extra large, but it will stretch out after a while. I wash them by hand to extend their lifespan. Also, contraindicatory though it may be going braless firmed and lifted my breasts. I'm not saying that I have the lift of a teenager, however I require way less support than I used to. Annnddd the only thing that hurts at the end of the day is my feet. Lol And my shoulders if I have to wear the Hanes. Most days I go without and wear a scarf over my bosom for modesty.
Thank you for this info. Bummer about the Hanes still leaving your shoulders sore. When I did my snowshoveling, I felt it most in my neck and shoulders. Have you ever tried a bandeau style bra? I wonder if that would help since it isn't on the shoulders, or if it would not work for moving around too much or not enough support?
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote