Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-07-08, 02:32 PM  
CarlaVeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindseylu8
Yes it is the same w/o. I really enjoyed it. Your welcome for the links, as I said Im a huge Cindy fan!
Cindy is my favorite instructor right now ... she is VERY motivating!!!!! I have exercise tv on demand and she has a few short workouts in there that I do as well

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-08, 04:09 PM  
Gaylene

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoni
Hey Carla , I have the Ultrafit book and like it , of course I haven't tried any of the workouts ( ) but it does look good and tough the book itself is nice to look at because of all the colorful pictures. I do have one problem with it , most of the strength wotkouts are scheduled 4 days a week - AB , Rest , AB . Workout A is always chest , back & legs and B is shoulders and arms , I'm not sure this is a good split since in back and chest work you also work your shoulders , biceps and triceps and then on the next day you are concentrating on these muscles , I'm not sure if there is enough recovery.
I thought the same thing, Yoni, and I emailed Cindy asking about that. She replied very promptly, to the effect that this is a leaning type program, I'm assuming somewhat along the same lines as Slim Series. I did 2 months of this program after doing a full round of P90X, and really did lean out. I think that after doing the X, the high reps in Cindy's program and the HIIT cardio really shook things up. The cardio is TOUGH when done as she outlines, and this is definitely a mean little program .
I agree that the book is beautiful, and so is Cindy's other book. Every Fair Winds press book that I've purchased has been very nice.
Gaylene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-08, 04:17 PM  
yoni

thanks for letting me know that Gaylene , I thought there has to be a reason for this , I assumed she knows her stuff. A leaning program is not what I really need but the workouts do look fun and easy to do at home.
yoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-08, 04:26 PM  
ruby2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindseylu8

She has a new one coming out that I ordered from CD Universe. Total Body Toning.

HTH

nice find! any more info on this one? one part is called upper body cardio, maybe that's a typo.
ruby2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-08, 07:15 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Looks like it might be Exercise TV workouts.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-08, 01:51 AM  
juberann

WOO-HOO,it's got Cindy in it, I'll be buying it,for sure! I missed the release date,what is it? anyone know? Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-08, 03:51 AM  
ruby2111

she has some download workouts on exercise TV:

http://store.exercisetv.tv/s-36-cind...aspx?pagenum=2

http://www.exercisetv.tv/watchvideo.aspx?id=674179219

http://store.exercisetv.tv/p-1588-bikini-ready.aspx
ruby2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-08, 09:17 AM  
CarlaVeg

Great info thanks! Right now Comcast has 3 of workouts available on demand.... I want to try the other ones

Carla
Old 12-08-08, 08:06 PM  
CarlaVeg

I'm so excited I just ordered Barry's bootcamp!!!! I had a gift certificate from amazon for $50 that helped me pay for it!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to get it... actually timing is perfect because I will probably get it once I'm done with Cindy's 10 days to a better body can't wait!!!!! I'll let you know how I like it... hopefully he won't annoy me

Carla
Old 12-28-08, 12:20 PM  
Rhonda

I received BBC for christmas and now I am thinking about doing the rotation. sounds like it will help with the "extra calories" I have eaten and give me a jump start on the new year.

Judy - when you did the rotation did you do as it stated in the book or did you do the rotation you listed on the other thread for the full 8 weeks. also, how long was your cardio? I know you said short but just wondering. Did you just walk? I was thinking I wanted to keep up on spinning and kickboxing but doesn't look like that would work in this BBC rotation that maybe Leslie 30 minutes or less would work.

thanks for any information and would love to hear from others if you have done a rotation.

Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cindy whitmarsh