Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-06, 11:14 AM  
lorajc

Best Short Yoga Practices

I just recently bought the Sara Ivanhoe series with the 20 minute DVDs and I love them. I was amazed at how balanced the practices are for being that short and they make me feel great. I like them so much because they're short enough that I can fit one in in my jam packed evenings.

What other short practices have a good variety of poses that I might like, 20-30 minutes long. My other night time favorite has been the Quickie workout on Eoin Finn's Power Yoga for Happiness.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-06, 11:49 AM  
LovetoFirm

I am a Rodney Yee fan. I like his AM Yoga, which is about 20 minutes. I also like his Yoga for Athletes. It has 6 different 10 minute practices on it. I can string together as many as I feel like doing.

I also like Sara's Fat Burning Yoga, although it might be a little longer than 30 minutes.

Plus, any of the Yoga Zones that have 2 20 minute practices are good. My favorites are Strengthen and Tone, and Sunrise and Sunset.
LovetoFirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-06, 12:06 PM  
bfit

I really like the 10 Minute Solution Yoga DVD. It is in five 10 minute segments that you can mix and match.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-06, 12:13 PM  
KathAL79

If you like Eoin's PY4H Quickie, you might want to download his Quickie MP3, available on his website.

Rainbeau Mars' Sacred Yoga series are 25-30 minutes each, but I think you already have Pure Tranquility.

Karen Voight's Yoga Sculpt has a 25 min. routine, and her Yoga Focus (now Yoga Power) has a 30 min. and a 22 min. practice. (I highly recommend that 22 min. stretch program on her YF / YP DVD.)

Yoga for Your Moods offers 25-30 min. versions of the main routines. You can find it at Fitness Organica.

You can program Shiva Rea's Yoga Shakti to give you 20-30 min. routines. Check out the Rotations section of this Forum for a fabulous breakdown of all of the chapters.

Body Wisdom Media practices, like Yoga for Inflexible People and Yoga for Every Body, often have 15-30 min. routines.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-06, 12:21 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Wow, this is timely as I've just gathered up my (approx) 20-min yoga routines since that is my husband's (and my) preferred length on busy weekday mornings. So saying, these are what we like to use:
~Baron Baptiste: Live - Core Power (~20 min)
~Baron Baptiste: Live - Unlocking Athletic Power (~25 min)
~Rodney Yee: Power Yoga Complete (has three 20-min programs - Stamina, Flexibility, Strength)
~Yoga Zone: Yoga for Weight Loss (one of the programs is 20 minutes)
~Yoga Zone: Intro to Power Yoga (two 20-min)
~Yoga Zone: Fat Burning (two 20-min)

These are a little longer but worth it if you have more time:
~Yoga Shakti: Basic (30 min, plus the matrix allows for further flexibility)
~Eoin Finn: Power Yoga for Happiness (The Quickie, 30 min)

I have heard that David Swenson's Ashtanga Short Forms is excellent though I haven't tried it. I'm sure there are lots more and I hope you get good recommendations.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-06, 01:50 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

In addition to the videos others have mentioned, I also love doing one or more segments from Erich Schiffmann's Beginning Yoga when I'm short on time; Shiva Rea's Yoga Sanctuary CD is great for that too.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-06, 04:37 PM  
joeb

I love David Swenson's Short Forms and Shiva Rea

The Shiva Rea Yoga Shakti is broken up into chapters and you can design your own workout.
joeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-06, 04:59 PM  
lorajc

Thanks for all of the ideas. I have Yoga Shakti, but I don't know how to make a balanced practice. I don't know what to choose. I always tend to do the hip openers, shoulder openers and twists and foward bends over and over cuz those are my favorite poses. LOL!

I don't have an MP3 player for Eion's download's

I'll have to look into some of the above though.

I can't stress how good I think Sara's 20 minute ones are. They have such a good variety of poses in them and are very well done IMO.
Old 03-18-06, 06:50 PM  
TerryMia

I love most of the ones already mentioned (use PY4H a lot), but I'd add to the list David Swenson's Short Forms, which has a 15-minute, 30-minute, and 45-minute practice as well as a deep relaxation segment (10 minutes). Also, another one I'm really loving since I got it recently is Ana Forrest's Pleasure of Strength. I've done the short segment (1/2 hour) a couple of times now and absolutely love it...both are just excellent choices, IMHO.
TerryMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-06, 08:48 PM  
lorajc

Amazon says they are out of stock on the David Swenson one. Where else would you buy it?