Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear

Old 03-17-06, 08:57 PM  
killoffsonny

Home Pilate Machines

Does anyone have any experience with the home Pilates Reformers? I am going to buy one but have no idea how to use them and they don't seem to be in any sporting goods stores so I will have to buy online. I have never used one. I've taken plenty of mat pilates classes but never used a machine. I am trying to decide between a Total Gym or the reformer and I'm leaning towards the reformer.

Becky
killoffsonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-06, 09:55 PM  
joeb

I just got the Supreme Pilates machine and I love it.
joeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-06, 08:18 AM  
killoffsonny

Thanks for the reply

So did you order it online somewhere? Is it the one that's shown in the infomercial?
Old 03-19-06, 08:25 AM  
joeb

The one on the infomercial. I think it is worth the money. It's made very well.
joeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-06, 04:04 PM  
willwolf

Becky, I have 2 home pilates reformers, both purchased from QVC. I've had the original Pilates Performer by Stamina for about 7 years. About 3 years ago, I purchased a bit of an upgraded model called the Pilates Aero w/ Cardio Rebounder by Stamina. This second model comes with a stand, fuzzy straps for extra comfort, and the rebounder accessory (a trampoline platform that you jump on which is fantastic for the lower abs!!). I don't have the Supreme Pilates, but from what I've seen, I'd go for a home reformer for more versatility for the price. Good luck!
willwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-06, 04:56 PM  
killoffsonny

Thanks!

I've also been thinking about this

http://www.performancefitnesssystems...com/3500p.html

I like that it comes already assembled and you can use it for either pilates or weight training. But I am wondering if I can buy accessories for it like the box and the pole.

When you use your reformer does it tone up the muscles good? I ask because I have no experience with pilates machines. I've only taken pilates classes and I really liked what they did for the abs but the classes didn't do a lot for upper body.
Old 03-20-06, 05:15 PM  
willwolf

The picture in your link looks similar to the Total Gym. I once had the cheaper home model Total Gym, but I no longer have it. I really enjoy the pilates workouts on the 2 home reformers that I currently have. Doing pilates reformer work 3 times per week gives you a great workout! For me, personally, this really helps to flatten my abs and tighten my butt and thighs. And, yes, my arms become more sleek and toned, as well.
willwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-06, 05:46 PM  
killoffsonny

This gives me a good perspective

I'm still undecided. I mainly want my abs and upper body toned but it sounds like the reformers are good. I want to eventually get the wunda chair. I really like pilates. Its probably my favorite form of exercise.