Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-10-20, 08:03 PM  
Mickey12

Diadora running shoes

So our local running store opened back up this week. I went today after work to support a local small business. I usually wear Asics gel nimbus because they are the most cushioned shoes I can find. The salesman introduced me to Diadora; I had never heard of them. They are extremely cushioned which I like. I wore them tonight for my workout but it wasn’t really high impact. So far, so good. I hope they hold up well.

Has anyone ever heard of this brand? Anybody wear them? I looked them up online and I believe they are an Italian company.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 08:30 PM  
fanofladyvols

Kim, I haven't! But I need new shoes too. I have been overwhelmed with the many brands.

I wear Asics right now but although they were great at first, they haven't held up well.

Did you try, and dismiss, any other brands?

I'm curious if you had occasion to try some of the others (in case those Italian ones aren't here. )

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 09:48 PM  
Izzy

I have. They are a brand that was around many years ago. They were also very popular as soccer shoes.
Old 06-10-20, 10:12 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
I have. They are a brand that was around many years ago. They were also very popular as soccer shoes.
Yes! They were my soccer shoes of choice in middle and high school (in the 90s) I have no idea what they are like now, but maybe I should try some out!
Old 06-10-20, 11:07 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
So our local running store opened back up this week. I went today after work to support a local small business. I usually wear Asics gel nimbus because they are the most cushioned shoes I can find. The salesman introduced me to Diadora; I had never heard of them. They are extremely cushioned which I like. I wore them tonight for my workout but it wasn’t really high impact. So far, so good. I hope they hold up well.

Has anyone ever heard of this brand? Anybody wear them? I looked them up online and I believe they are an Italian company.

Kim
I’m an ASICS girl too. Keep me posted as you continue to wear them. Always looking for something new
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-20, 06:38 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

My cycling shoes are Diadora. I'd be interested in trying running/walking shoes. I wear Asics, too. They fit well, but one pair is too bouncy/squishy for me. The other pair has just the right amount of cushion and breathability, but the fit could be just a little better.
Old 06-11-20, 10:05 AM  
rhbrand

Never heard of them. But I also never heard of Altra before either and I just got a pair and really like them.
Old 06-11-20, 11:44 AM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
I’m an ASICS girl too. Keep me posted as you continue to wear them. Always looking for something new
ChelePA, I got them at Scranton Running Company. (in case you're interested) I don't shop there often. Last time I was there, I got two pairs of Hoka (and at that time I had never heard of that brand). I guess I should shop there more often!

Kim
Old 06-11-20, 11:51 AM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Kim, I haven't! But I need new shoes too. I have been overwhelmed with the many brands.

I wear Asics right now but although they were great at first, they haven't held up well.

Did you try, and dismiss, any other brands?

I'm curious if you had occasion to try some of the others (in case those Italian ones aren't here. )
Linda,

I have worn Asics for YEARS, only because they seem to be the most cushioned when I try them on. I have dabbled with different brands here and there (Brooks, Hoka, New Balance), but I pretty much go back to Asics. It seems like the cushioning breaks down quicker than it used to. The big thing seems to be getting the shoes as light as possible and I don't know if they are using different material or what. I also don't like the material used for the uppers (I'm talking all brands, not just asics).

I haven't been truly happy with a pair of fitness shoes in more years than I can count. The last ones I absolutely loved were Etonic and as far as I can tell, they don't make shoes anymore.

Kim
Old 06-12-20, 11:18 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
ChelePA, I got them at Scranton Running Company. (in case you're interested) I don't shop there often. Last time I was there, I got two pairs of Hoka (and at that time I had never heard of that brand). I guess I should shop there more often!

Kim
Love the Scranton Running Company! They helped me pick out sneakers for my daughter to prevent her knees from hurting while running. They did a great assessment on her gait.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
shoes, sneakers, workout shoes