Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-04-15, 11:54 AM  
yahoo205

thank you for all the responses. anyone else have any recommendations. even non black sneakers. really want a lot of lateral support and a lot of cushion but relatively flat (not just a ton of heel cushioning)
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-15, 12:58 PM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
thank you for all the responses. anyone else have any recommendations. even non black sneakers. really want a lot of lateral support and a lot of cushion but relatively flat (not just a ton of heel cushioning)
anyone else?
Old 01-08-15, 01:35 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
This is a perfect description of Skecher's Energy--I posted an amazon link above.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-15, 01:34 AM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
This is a perfect description of Skecher's Energy--I posted an amazon link above.
Oh ok. Couldn't tell from the picture. Thank you. I'll look into them.
Old 01-09-15, 04:16 PM  
54sneakers
VF Supporter

I'm looking for comfy new shoes too, in black, as well...these all look great. I'll have to check them out. Thanks for the recommendations.
54sneakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-15, 05:20 PM  
yahoo205

http://www.asicsamerica.com/Shop/Foo...010227903.9990

Can the Asics Gel Kayano Running shoe also be used for cross training? The current model Kayano 21 doesn't have good reviews on the Asics site but has good reviews on other sites.
Old 01-29-15, 08:59 PM  
Mickey12

I don't think those Asics would be considered crosstrainers. I need tons of cushioning and find Asics to be great for that but unfortunately they have terrible lateral support. I have not been able to find a good combination of lateral support and superior cushioning in a shoe for a long, long time. I recall back in the days of high impact aerobics there were many shoes like this. I've resigned myself to wearing running shoes for everything now since they have the best cushioning.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-15, 09:48 PM  
PrairieGem

I wear a pair of Asics Gel Kali's for all my indoor workouts (I do tons of high impact, love plyos, and lateral moves like skater jumps are my absolute favorite). They're a minimalist running shoe, and I think the lateral support is just fine in them (far better than a pair of Reebok cross trainers I have, where I constantly feel like I'm sliding off the footbed). Haven't tried the Kyano (they're way out of my price range, for one thing), BUT I have three new pairs of Asics Gel shoes on the way from Zappos. I tried out the Gel Contend in the store and really liked how they felt (and, yes, I did skater jumps at Famous Footwear. ); they just didn't have my size in stock. One thing I discovered is that using *all* the lacing eyelets on a running shoe can dramatically improve the lateral support. If you look at the link for the Contend, they're only laced to the top of the foot--but there are additional eyelets that go farther around/across the ankle, and lacing those does make the shoe feel substantially more supportive (although you may wish to use fewer eyelets for running).
Old 01-30-15, 12:17 AM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieGem View Post
I wear a pair of Asics Gel Kali's for all my indoor workouts (I do tons of high impact, love plyos, and lateral moves like skater jumps are my absolute favorite). They're a minimalist running shoe, and I think the lateral support is just fine in them (far better than a pair of Reebok cross trainers I have, where I constantly feel like I'm sliding off the footbed). Haven't tried the Kyano (they're way out of my price range, for one thing), BUT I have three new pairs of Asics Gel shoes on the way from Zappos. I tried out the Gel Contend in the store and really liked how they felt (and, yes, I did skater jumps at Famous Footwear. ); they just didn't have my size in stock. One thing I discovered is that using *all* the lacing eyelets on a running shoe can dramatically improve the lateral support. If you look at the link for the Contend, they're only laced to the top of the foot--but there are additional eyelets that go farther around/across the ankle, and lacing those does make the shoe feel substantially more supportive (although you may wish to use fewer eyelets for running).

I guess I want too much from one shoe. Cushiony enough to go on long walks and absorb a lot of impact on plyometric plyo moves and enough lateral stability and support to weight train or for other cross training. Also prefer black so it goes better with my regular clothes.

Wonder if the Asics Gel Volleycross Revolution is any good. They are for volleyball.

http://www.zappos.com/asics-gel-voll..._sims_p_ab_t_1

Tags
cross trainers, crosstrainers, sneakers