Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-18-06, 09:42 PM  
joeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc
Amazon says they are out of stock on the David Swenson one. Where else would you buy it?
This is the store on his website:
http://www.ashtanga.net/xcart/home.php
joeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-06, 09:54 PM  
gigi

Quote:
I just recently bought the Sara Ivanhoe series with the 20 minute DVDs and I love them. I was amazed at how balanced the practices are for being that short and they make me feel great. I like them so much because they're short enough that I can fit one in in my jam packed evenings.

What other short practices have a good variety of poses that I might like, 20-30 minutes long. My other night time favorite has been the Quickie workout on Eoin Finn's Power Yoga for Happiness.
I'm not big into yoga, but I love the Sara Ivanhoe series also! I really like the 20 min. format and they are very doable for someone who is new to yoga.
Old 03-19-06, 09:05 AM  
YOGISTEVEN

Lorajc

I Burned The Eoin Onto Cds And Use Them About Once A Week, Also The David Swenson Packs A Big Punch In 30 Minutes, And Baron Baptiste Bootcamp In A Box Has 3 Great, Short Practices!
YOGISTEVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-06, 09:35 AM  
TerryMia

Quote:
Amazon says they are out of stock on the David Swenson one. Where else would you buy it?
I actually thought I bought mine at Collage, but apparently not because I see they don't have it, so I guess I must've gotten it at Amazon (it's been a while, lol). You could always get it directly from his website, at www.ashtanga.net also.
TerryMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-06, 09:57 AM  
lorajc

What's his style like? I haven't heard much about him.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-06, 10:12 AM  
TerryMia

Quote:
What's his style like? I haven't heard much about him.
lorajc...Short Forms is the only DVD of his I have, but his style is very laid-back and he has a great soft-spoken voice. There's no music on this one but I don't even miss it. The practices are done outside in a park. Apparently, he's been around for a long time...really knows his stuff.
TerryMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-06, 10:25 AM  
Karen Anne

When I'm really time crunched I enjoy Quick Fix Power Yoga and Quick Fix Core Yoga.
Karen Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-06, 11:00 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I also like Yoga Zone, my favorites are Strengthen and Tone, and Evening Stress Release, but I also recently discovered Stretching for Flexibility which is good too. Not sure what level you are at but these are beginner/intermediate level. But these are ones I reach for most often.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-06, 12:58 PM  
Linda B
VF Supporter

Yoga Journal has their teaching DVDs- 1,2,3 and the practices on them are short- less than half an hour. I haven't done the third one, but the first is mostly sun sals, and probably about as though as one of Rodney's short power yoga ones, or somewhere in between David Swenson's 15 and 30 minute ones on short forms. The second one is very nice too-it concentrates on bends and twists. For some reason (maybe because of the lesson part of the DVDs I had expected these to be easier, but they aren't all that easy or dumbed down - they are just nice short practices. Don't write these off- the practice is quite good, and they are often available cheap.
Linda B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-06, 01:07 PM  
Lannette

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda B
Yoga Journal has their teaching DVDs- 1,2,3 and the practices on them are short- less than half an hour. I haven't done the third one, but the first is mostly sun sals, and probably about as though as one of Rodney's short power yoga ones, or somewhere in between David Swenson's 15 and 30 minute ones on short forms. The second one is very nice too-it concentrates on bends and twists. For some reason (maybe because of the lesson part of the DVDs I had expected these to be easier, but they aren't all that easy or dumbed down - they are just nice short practices. Don't write these off- the practice is quite good, and they are often available cheap.
I really like these three dvds. I put off trying the third for a long time but when I did I really loved the instruction and found that it helped me improve my inversions quite a bit which surprised me given the 20 minute length of the practice.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote