Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-27-20, 08:02 AM  
donnamp

Darn it, i typed up a long post and lost it and don't have time to re-create it.

Workouts today so far:

Pahla B - 25 Min Weight Loss Power Walk
Jessica Valent - 2 10 min upper body workouts
Yoga w/ Kassanda - Yoga for lower back

Dana and Carol - so sorry about the household breakdowns! We had an issue w/ our pressure tank last week - lots of stress!

Gloomy outside, but hopefully can get out for a walk.

Take care!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 07:34 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workouts were

Cathe - Perfect 30: Low Impact Hiit & Extended Stretch - 39 minutes;
Lindsay Brin - YT - CFS Method - Workout #1 - 10 minutes

This Low Impact Hiit workout was surprisingly do-able for me. I didn't go as hard as Cathe and her crew, but I went hard for me and made it through the whole thing. Yay for me! The Extended Stretch Bonus was not anything novel, but it was pleasant enough and it felt good.

Lindsay's Workout #1 was pretty easy - I may have to move on to Workout #2 next time.

Donna - Nice job! I hate it when that happens!

Dana - Brrr! That's bad about your heater and I know what you mean about not knowing whether or not you are being taken advantage of. It's frustrating. But I hope they got it fixed and that you are warm. It would be miserable here right now without heat. We are having a major winter storm this week - thundersnow/sleet as I'm typing right now. We will be out again tomorrow - 3 days in a row.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 07:45 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

Sorry in advance for the quick post - I have had a few busy days here...

Today was:

Gina B - Dance That Walk - Circuit Walk # 2 - I did one segment of cardio & upper and one segment of cardio & lower.

Yoga w/ Kassandra - Yoga for Hips and Lower Back.

Gina's workout was fun. She posted a Halloween workout on her You Tube channel, I think I will do that tomorrow.

Carol - how is the weather there? Still bad?

Also, I'm so relieved that DD and I did not go to the horse rescue on Sunday - we got an e-mail from the volunteer coordinator - and a staff member has tested positive. They are now mandating masks and social distancing - which they were not doing previously. It seems these days everyone has to learn the hard way......

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 10-28-20, 08:40 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Donna - Whew! Agreed about how everyone has to learn things the hard way these days. People are so tired of CoVid - I'm thinking that it's a little bit like our WWII, and we are not handling our challenge as well as our parents handled WWII. We've had lots of cases of parents giving it to their children; no instances of it being the other way around yet. I'm hoping the last three days at home will have bought us some time to see what other cases may have popped up in our students.

Our weather is still awful - today is the last day for it, so I believe we will be back in school tomorrow if we can get the parking lots and sidewalks cleared. I think that's going to be so much harder than normal because we got more ice last night, along with some snow. The drive to work tomorrow will not be fun.

Carol
Old 10-28-20, 09:37 AM  
fanofladyvols

Donna don't let Cathe scare you...or make you feel you have to match her weights. For her cardio, I modify. I certainly don't let her speed, impact or weights do anything but guide me. She has great premix options on her DVDs as well.

Dana the two LITE workouts I tried I didn't click with..can't say why now bc it's been so long. ICE intrigues me so I may pick up at some point. Do you think the thing that may be enticing you with her new series has to do with the lack of anything else being offered new in the DVD arena? The cost of your air unit repair made me gasp! And you're right, you can have that done and still not be certain it will fix it. I hope it does though.

Carol I noticed you did the SS Abs bonus. I think that may be the only SS workout I never did, lol. I'm sorry it's cold..we are beginning to have some rain here but otherwise it's been lovely! That laundromat sure would make me nervous all closed in with folks.

I have been doing lots of pilates and mobility workouts. Pilates been going through some more element titles. Mobility notables: Cathe's Perfect 30 Mobility basics, Men's health Circuit workout (warmup on it), and the Jill Miller Quick fix knee rehab. I'm not sure why I never tried Miller's workouts before. Today has been CS #1229 Bodyshaping so far. I will probably pick back up the S90 titles I haven't done before tackling the rest of Perfect 30.
Happy Wednesday!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 07:13 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Cathe - LITE: Metabolic Blast - Basic Premix #1 - 46 minutes

This premix was the full workout plus the extended stretch. I can't believe I haven't done this one before, but I hadn't. Lots of fun, and not impossible - Cathe goes super light on her weights and I usually used one weight size down. If Cathe used 8's, I used 5's. Once I finished up I went out and shoveled the ice off the sidewalk so it wouldn't re-freeze tonight. It's snowing right now and we are supposed to have either rain, ice, sleet or snow tonight (and quite a bit), so who knows what tomorrow will look like.

Waves ~

Carol
Old 10-28-20, 10:22 PM  
fanofladyvols

Carol that sounds like fun!

I did S90 Core dynamics plus S90 Tabata Inferno. I bookended with premixes from Cathe's Perfect 30 Mobility. The S90 Tabata Inferno is the workout where the background exerciser keeps pulling her shorts down, lol. The first time she did it I said "ok ok I will too..now what, woman?!" Needless to say I didn't leave my waistband that way, esp. since it obviously doesn't garner the same effect with my belly, heh. I gave myself a good belly laugh, though.

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 10-29-20, 08:09 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Gina B/You Tube - Halloween Themed Walk/Dance - this was fun!!
Jessica Valent - Pilates for Hip Pain

Yesterday I added on CS 1028 and an outdoor walk

I'm so glad we didn't go to the horse rescue on Sunday. I would have been freaking out. I know they are not that careful b/c they looked at my DD and I like we had 3 heads for wearing masks! Now they are mandated and the volunteer program is closed. So sad b/c probably w/ proper precautions that didn't have to happen.

I still don't know what I want to do in Nov. I was thinking of Jessica's Fit for the Holidays...but not sure....I can't decide if I want structure or no structure.

Carol - way to go w/ Cathe! And, oh my on the weather you are having. Sounds terrible.

Thanks, Linda - maybe one day I will venture into Cathe land. Does her streaming give you access to her DVD workouts?

Waves,

Donna
Old 10-30-20, 06:04 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Thursday was my rest day, so no workout to report. We ended up getting 6+ inches of snow on top of everything we'd already gotten, at least that's what it looked like. Heavy, wet snow - yay for moisture, bad to cause power outages - and I saw lots of downed trees and branches yesterday when I went to work. It was near 50 and sunny by late afternoon, so the roads should be in good shape this morning. Supposed to be in the 70s tomorrow. Got to love our weather...

Donna - I know. That's the look I got at the laundromat on Sunday - like I had 3 heads because I had a mask on. I couldn't help but think they were either stupid or stubborn. Our hospitalization rate is up above 27% now and hospitals are stressed. The Governor is sending in extra nurses and techs, but the cases just keep coming. I would say a significant portion of our population out here are "nonbelievers". It's getting so bad I think if you wear a mask you are automatically judged to be an east/west coast liberal, which is a pretty strong condemnation.

Linda - She keeps pulling her waistband down?? I'd be pulling it up.

As for November - for some reason, the Bar Method is calling me, despite the fact that I'm enjoying the Cathe workouts I'm doing. Maybe Bar Method should be my December treat, after I finish this Cathe rotation.

Waves to all ~

Carol
Old 10-30-20, 06:59 AM  
fanofladyvols

Carol that is some crazy weather! Have you decided what you're doing in November?

Donna I'm sorry the volunteer program was shut down. There are high schools shutting down, even with all precautions in place, because the case rate is still too high. So just know that sometimes even the best of efforts aren't good enough with this thing.

Yesterday was Shazzy Fitness In the beginning plus CS #620 Upper body. Fun fun

Dana , Brenda and Cheri, sending you all hugs! Hope you're well!