Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-24-20, 08:29 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Jenny Ford - Zombie Step - my DD may be going to another horse show next weekend, which is Halloween, so I decided to get Zombie step in today, just in case I can't get to it on Halloween, LOL!

CS 1024 - this was all floor work.

I decided to get consistent w/ CS again. It makes a difference for me, yet, for some reason, it is hard to stick to. Since we are going to change the clocks next weekend, it is going to start getting dark earlier in the evening, so I was thinking of going for my walk mid-day and doing some CS in the evenings after work. That may help w/ being consistent.

Yesterday afternoon I did get out w/ my Golden.

Nice work, Carol. It is strange how people seem unconcerned, maybe we have just grown used to it? I am still being cautious on where I go and when and we are all still working remotely. In fact, I went into the office on Wed, to pick up my new computer for my new/old job and it was a ghost town. I had to get security to unlock the doors on my floor!

Cheri - I hope all is well and that things calm down for you soon.

Dana - love a new You Tube channel find - although I think all the choices are precisely why I can't stick to a rotation to save my life.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 06:43 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Cathe - LITE: Rev'd Up Rumble - Timesaver #5 - 31 minutes

This was fun, fun, fun, today! I'm not sure why, but it was. All kickboxing - it was a good mix of kicking and punching. Cathe and her crew are having fun and everything was perfect as usual. No screw ups by cast members, etc.

Today they moved us back to 50% occupancy in retail, gyms and restaurants and I'm thinking they probably closed the bars back down. The stress on our hospitals is bad.

Donna - Nice job and good planning to get your Halloween Zombie workout in! I am cautious as well, but many around me are not.

Here's a new to me YouTube find: Reps to the Rhythm - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3l...IrFMatB9Zgxo0g. The music I heard on the workout I checked out sounded good.

Waves to all ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 07:33 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Today's workout was

Cathe - LITE: Rev'd Up Rumble - Timesaver #5 - 31 minutes

This was fun, fun, fun, today! I'm not sure why, but it was. All kickboxing - it was a good mix of kicking and punching. Cathe and her crew are having fun and everything was perfect as usual. No screw ups by cast members, etc.
What a coincidence! Just today I was mulling over starting Cathe's rotation of either LITE or ICE for couple of weeks. Do you have ICE, Carol? If so, which set do you like better? I have both sets and while I did a workout here and there from each set, I didn't try them all. I was leaning towards ICE because week 1 has Level One rotation that looks doable but I suppose I could modify LITE. I need a kick in the butt and start working out harder!

Oh, and did you purchase Cathe's Perfect 30 set? These are described as advanced, so I don't know why I'm even tempted by them?
Old 10-25-20, 07:52 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Pahla B - Simple, Essential Strength Training for Women Over 50
CS 1025

Nothing really remarkable about either workout - Pahla's was all strength, no cardio and CS was all barre work. Season 10 did all standing, all barre, or all floor for each episode rather than mixing it up.

Yesterday DD and i walked outdoors.

Today we're scheduled to volunteer at the horse rescue - it is going to be chilly and rainy though.

Carol - thanks for another You Tube find!

Dana - I keep thinking I need to workout harder, too...but motivation to do so is spotty at best!

Donna
Old 10-25-20, 09:22 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

I've decided to give Cathe's ICE Level 1 rotation a go. I'll try it for a week and see how that goes. I'm not committing to the entire 4 weeks but rather plan to take it one week a the time. I just finished:

ICE Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox and Icy Core 1 - total 58min.

I must say I really enjoyed working out with Cathe again, but this workout - even the warmup - felt advanced to me. I guess I'm sadly out of shape. I worked really hard throughout, but at the end, I felt a real sense of accomplishment. I'm looking forward to doing Chiseled Upper Body tomorrow.

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoy your Sunday everyone!
Old 10-25-20, 07:48 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Dana, sorry I didn't see your post! I actually think that LITE is the "easier" of the two (LITE and ICE). That said, I still find LITE challenging and tend to use the shorter timesaver premixes because the longer workouts are too much for me right now. Sometimes Cathe's warmups wear me out too - I specifically remember the warmup from Rock 'em Sock 'em being long and tiring. At the end of the warmup, I'm like, is it over yet?

I did buy the newest set - it may be way too hard for me, and I know I will never do the higher impact hiit workout and may not do the lower impact one. But, I did want a solid 30 minute weight workout, and I thought the previews looked good, so I caved. I'm going to attempt the LITE/Perfect 30 premix, with modifications, of course. More days off, shorter premixes, etc.

Carol
Old 10-26-20, 07:45 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

On the spur of the moment this morning, I decided to try Lucy Wyndham Read's challenge for this week - she made a schedule with several workouts spread throughout the day for those who are back in lockdown. I have wanted to try doing something like this - so I figured, I'd give it a go for this week (or however long it lasts, LOL!)

https://www.lwrfitness.com/free-home...workout-class/

So, i started the day off with:

Walk & Ab Toner Workout - this was fine and approx "1 mile" indoor walk w/ a bit of toning thrown int.

CS 1026 - all standing

Around lunch I will do the calorie burning workout and after work I will do the love handle workout. The weather is gloomy today so probably no walk.

Yesterday in addition to my morning workout I did an outdoor walk in the gloom and Adriene's Yoga for When You are Dead Inside -she has a bunch of Halloween themed practices scheduled for this week.

We did not end up going to the horse rescue, I got a cryptic message about the exec director having to cancel an event b/c people in her social circle had tested positive for COVID - she said everyone at the farm was well - but I felt it was too risky - and for the most part the volunteers and workers there do NOT wear masks, granted, most of the work is outdoors - but you are still not socially distanced when - and we all have to pile into an ATV to ride around the property - so DD & I decided to reschedule our session for another time. I feel that I have been cautious too long to slip up now....

Nice job Dana and Carol!! Cathe strikes fear in my heart.

Donna
Old 10-26-20, 08:25 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Well, Sunday was not supposed to be a rest day, but that's what it turned into. My dryer died Saturday and I needed to finish up our laundry yesterday, so I did that first thing (used the laundromat I've always used when I have washer/dryer troubles). I have to say that the laundromat is the scariest place I have been since the pandemic began - with the exception of one couple, no one there had a mask on. And this when we are at level red with almost no ICU beds in the entire 26 county area. What are they thinking??? I sat outside in my car and only ran in to put stuff in the washers and dryers. I will not go back there again. If I can't get the dryer fixed before I need to do laundry again, I will do something different - drop it off at a different place and pay them to it.

Then it was the grocery store, which was a madhouse because we have bad weather coming in. Lots of folks there without masks on, but at least the building was much bigger and better ventilated. Once I got home, it was time to meal prep for the week for my breakfasts and lunches. By the time I finally finished all that stuff, it was late and I was done.

The weather is not good today - all of the schools in the area cancelled, including many that never cancel - we have a lot of ice and sleet on the ground and trees, with apparently much more on the way. I'm thinking we could be out for 2 or 3 days this week if things go as predicted.

Since I'll be home all day today, I won't have an excuse not to do my workout.

Donna - Just an FYI, our school nurse says being outside is not a magic preventive for contracting CoVid if you are too close to one another without masks on. I always thought if you were outside you were pretty much safe as long as you weren't just in someone's face, but she says not so - so you made the right call to not go to the horse barn Saturday. And being in a vehicle with others would worry me too. And Cathe isn't too scary in LITE - lots of 20 to 25 minute premixes to choose from.

Carol
Old 10-26-20, 05:58 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout:

Cathe - LITE: Strong Body Stacked Sets: Lower - Timesaver #3 - 25 minutes;
Debbie Siebers - Slim Series Express: 6 Minute Abs - 6 minutes

Today was a snow day for us - it was really icy this morning (and still is for that matter). I don't think the temperature got above 25 today, with wind chills of near zero. Quite an introduction to winter.

Waves ~

Carol
Old 10-27-20, 07:44 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

I didn't do anything yesterday. Our furnace went out and we have no heat. Of course, it coincided with the first snowfall. Why not? Searched for a HVAC company and one was able to come out and quoted us $1600 for repair. The worst part is that you're never really sure if the cost (and the issue) is legit or if you're being ripped off. This company has tons of good reviews - too many to be faked, so I'm hoping for the best. Best thing is that they'll be able to get the part and make the repair this morning. Ugh.

I overslept this morning because I was up and down most of the night. I don't have the time to work out before I have to get to the office for a few hours. I was planning to do one of Kit Rich's workouts off youtube. She's got such a variety on her channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/kitrichfitness

Waves to all!