Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-20-20, 02:28 PM  
fanofladyvols

Brenda you have a supportive family! Glad that's helping you feel better too.

Donna that's great you were able to be home to handle that plumbing situation.

Today was KCM weights.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-20, 06:07 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workout was

Walk - 25 minutes;
Pahla B - Knee Friendly Cardio Endurance Low Impact Workout - 27 minutes

This one wasn't too bad, even though cardio is not my favorite.

Linda - Think we will get the new Cathe's by the end of the week? I'll be interested to see the rotations using them. Hoping for one that includes the LITE videos, which I am tempted to go back and revisit. And we're down to 6 ICU beds as of yesterday at 4. The large area south of us is similarly stressed. We have more and more school families testing positive, yet I'm not seeing much, if any, modification of people's behavior. Children are not bringing it home from school to their parents; it's the other way around.
Trump is right when he says people are so over it. Sadly, the virus is not going away just because we're so over it.

Donna - Sorry about the plumbing disaster, but glad you got it resolved relatively quickly! I got my flu shot last Friday, and felt pretty draggy on Saturday and Sunday. My arm is still sore. I am not sleeping well these days either. We have been walking in the late afternoons when I get home from work and it's such a relief to get outside in the sunshine! Definitely a mood lifter for both of us.

Brenda - Good for you! I'd be a little self conscious stepping in front of folks. Not sure why? Probably because I'm afraid I'll get distracted and miss the step and fall.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-20, 08:17 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well. I am feeling better after my flu shot - other than my arm being sore - but better than yesterday. So, glad that is over and my eye appointment went well, too.

Last night DD and I took a short walk w/ our Golden. Our Lab really can't do the walks anymore....

Today, so far:

Jessica Smith - 21 Day Program - Low Impact HIIT walk

Moving Mango - 90 Day Pilates Challenge Day # 1 - Part II - this was mostly side lying work w/ some planks and swimming type exercises thrown in for good measure.

Hopefully an outdoor walk later today.

Carol - Ugh - on the virus and cases - yes, I can see people being over it, but being over it doesn't make it go away, unfortunately. I'll be interested to hear about the new Cathe workouts! I'm glad the plumbing got fixed quickly, too!

Linda - nice workouts!

Brenda - that is great that movement makes you feel better.

Waves, everyone - hope Cheri, Dana and Christine are well!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-20, 09:22 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

I couldn't sleep last night and as a consequence, I'm tired and I don't feel like working out AGAIN today. I'm hoping to do something later today. Maybe.

I'm going to do early voting this morning and I don't know how long that will take. Then I want to check out new storm doors at either Menard's or Home Depot. We need one and want to have it installed before the winter. I have quite a few errands to run today, so who knows if I'll work out today.

Speaking of workouts, Jessica sent out another email this morning with an update (of sorts) about her upcoming project. Another teaser with absolutely no information about what that new project will be. I guess we'll know when it's available for sale.

Waves to Donna, Carol, Linda, Brenda, Cheri and Christine!
Old 10-22-20, 06:09 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Wednesday's workouts:

Walk - 30 minutes;
Cathe - Strong Body Stacked Sets: Lower - Timesaver #3 - 25 minutes

Mercy! That lower body workout packed a punch for me; my legs were feeling it the rest of the night (and this morning). I didn't even attempt to come close to matching Cathe's weights - sometimes I lifted half of what she was using. That woman is strong.

Today is my regular rest day - I may get a walk in before my 6PM class.

Dana - So sorry you are not sleeping well. I've found that I am sleeping less well than I was a month ago. I think I'm worrying. Walking is the best medicine for me, exercise-wise, when I'm having those kinds of nights. I voted last week - it wasn't too bad - maybe a 20 minute wait, but the weather was nice and hot and not too windy.

Donna - Glad the flu shot side effects are wearing off. Mine hurt more this year as well. I understand that shots are in short supply these days, so I'm glad to have gotten one. I was glad to hear from Jessica yesterday about new workouts. I would have liked to have gotten more info, but my recollection is that's how she handled new videos previously, so I can't say I was surprised. I'm sure I will buy them - they will be a nice option for the winter months.

Waves to all ~

Carol
Old 10-22-20, 07:54 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I have to post quickly today - running late!

Team Body Project - 30 Min Low Impact Cardio Workout - this was my first time doing a Body Project workout and it was enjoyable. Something different to throw into the routine!

Jessica Valent - Pilates for Scoliosis

Will be back later for personals!

Donna
Old 10-23-20, 08:01 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning's workouts were:

Pahla B - Weight Loss Cardio & Strength
Jessica Valent - Booty Burner Workout & Strong Ankle, Hip & Knee routine

Yesterday evening I also got out for a walk w/ my doggie and DD.

I enjoyed Pahla - I guess I just identify with her - she is around my age and her b'day is also in early November, like mine! LOL! We also both have curly blonde hair and wear glasses (well, I wear contacts, too..but..) And, the way her hair is cut in this video is the way mine was cut before quarantine. Mine is now shoulder length. So it is just funny our similarities. I guess I just identify with her as to where she is in life....kids growing up and moving out (although mine is younger than hers...), etc.

I think Ellen is the person I aspire to be - she presents as always calm, centered and Zen. And while I would like to be that person, I'm not!! But Pahla just seems very real to me.

Anyway - rambling!

Dana - I hope you are feeling better today - Basil, too. I would have like more info on what Jessica is cooking up, but I guess we'll just have to wait....I'm sure that whatever it is I will buy it. I'm considering at some point working my way through WS 1, 2 and 3. I still think she puts together the best balanced rotations...

Carol - I imagine that was a tough workout!! I always feel a bit sick from the flu shot - a few years ago it was terrible fever/chills, ugh. Since that incident I have started to take ibuprofen 2 hours before the shot and again 2 hours after and I think it has helped. This year I ended up taking some ibuprofen the next day as well. Both my DH and DD get it and are fine. My arm also tends to hurt for longer than theirs and sometimes I end up being itchy at the injection site. I have to admit, my bad reaction to vaccines makes me worry about getting other vaccines - l like shingles, pneumonia and when it is available COVID. I had heard that many people get sick from shingles and pneumonia vaccines and I imagine that the COVID one is not going to be pleasant either. My Dr. tried to convince me to take the Shinrgrix, but, I declined for now.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 10-23-20, 10:34 AM  
cherimac

Hi, all. I'm on hiatus from posting for a bit. I hope to be back in November when things calm down. Right now I'm just posting occasionally on Instagram and avoiding Facebook like the plague, except to wish people a happy birthday.
Old 10-23-20, 03:05 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

Checking in with JS 6 Mile Mix DVD, Mile 1, 2 & 4. Steady State Walk, UB Walk with bands and Cardio Interval Abs plus WU & CD - total about 55min.

My early voting was an easy in-and-out 15 min max process. No lines but apparently there were the first 2 days they've opened early voting in my local library. I went on day 3 for exactly for that reason - to avoid the crowds. It worked, no lines!

Carol and Donna, I know that flu shots are recommended for a lot of people but personally, I don't get them. The one time I had to have one I was very sick afterwards and I did end up getting the flu that season. The only time I ever got it in my life. No thank you.

Today I came across Tracy Steen's youtube channel and it looks great! Tons of workouts of every kind. I may pick one to do tomorrow. https://www.youtube.com/c/TracySteenMoveDaily/videos

TGIF. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 10-23-20, 08:48 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Hi ladies,

Yesterday was a rest day, but today I did

Cathe - Strong Body Stacked Sets: Upper - Timesaver #9 - 21 minutes

This was a good, quick moving (i.e., no rest between exercises and very little set up time) upper body workout. She started out with tricep dips, so I subbed another triceps exercise, but the remainder of the exercises were fine. I need to do this one more often.

I may add on a stretch or some pilates before bed - we'll see how the evening goes.

We've had about 1,100 new cases this week. Not sure what's going on, but it isn't good. Our hospitals are full - we are down to 4 ICU beds in the entire 26 county area. I'm starting to know more and more people who have gotten it. Everyone else is acting like it's business as usual...

Dana - That's interesting. The only time I ever got the flu was the year that I didn't take the flu shot. Glad your voting process went smoothly.

Cheri - Hello! and stay well!

Donna - Pahla just seems so real.

We are in for a cold snap on Monday - highs around 28, they say... Brr.

Carol