Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-18-20, 09:24 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sunday's workout was

Jessica Smith - YT: Stride & Strength II - 34 minutes

Similar to Jessica's toning Walk in her 30 Day Walk On set. Not sure what I will do tomorrow - I'm having a hard time finding anything that I'm excited about doing.

Donna - Nice job with your workouts. Maybe Ellen would make me happy.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-20, 09:34 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
I'm having a hard time finding anything that I'm excited about doing.
I'm so with you, Carol. I've been working out but even checking in has become hard and a chore for me. I'm exhausted most of the time. I'll see if I can do better starting tomorrow. Sorry I've been MIA for the past week or so. Hopefully I feel up to checking in regularly tomorrow.
Old 10-19-20, 08:28 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was a full day at the horse show w/ my DD. She did pretty well, she placed 8th and her horse was well behaved, which is not usual for him, LOL! He did kick her at one point though so she has a big bruise.

Anyway...today was:

Pahla B - Knee Friendly Cardio - I wasn't sure what I wanted to do this morning and decided to go w/ Pahla for her basic workouts and her positive personality. This was a typical routine from her, but still, fun to do.

Moving Mango - a new-to-me Pilates channel. I tried her Day 1 of her 90 day Fall Challenge today. The full workout is 1 hour, but she has it broken into two parts, so I did the first part. It was a nice practice. She seems to be nice and calm and encouraging. It makes me wonder, how would I feel if I did 90 days of Pilates in a row?

Carol and Dana - I'm in the same boat - I am kind of bored with everything that is in my collection and on You Tube/streaming. I mean, that is a bad case of boredom, lol!

I'm trying to follow Jessica Valent's template so that each day I have an idea of what to fit in -

It is:

Monday - Steady State
Tues - Arms & More
Wed - HIIT and Abs
Thurs - Active Recovery
Friday - Legs & More
Sat - Steady State
Sunday - Active Recovery or rest

So I will try to use that template to plug things in - even if I don't do Jessica V's workouts all the time.

Next week I'm going to fit in some Halloween workouts like Jenny Ford's Zombie Step, and Yoga w/ Adriene has Halloween themed titles.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-20, 10:03 AM  
fanofladyvols

Dana good to see you! I hope Basil is doing ok.

Carol and Dana People rarely talk about the lows that go with maintaining a commitment of daily movement. So many things go into why we might feel this way. For me, it's rarely the exercise or the workouts themselves... it's usually something else going on in my personal life that bleeds into things that I normally enjoy. You both probably don't realize how inspirational your years of posting are. It's impressive! Hang in there ladies!

Spent the weekend doing mobility, yard work and some short tutorials on Kickbox off of Core de Force.

Hugs to all!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-20, 02:15 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Dana good to see you! I hope Basil is doing ok.
Thanks, Linda. Unfortunately Basil is declining every day. He doesn't have much of an appetite and is sleeping a lot. He also is clinging to me more than normally and has the same look in his eyes and about him like my little Ziggy did when he was very sick 2 years ago. It's painful to see this.
Old 10-19-20, 02:32 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Thanks, Linda. Unfortunately Basil is declining every day. He doesn't have much of an appetite and is sleeping a lot. He also is clinging to me more than normally and has the same look in his eyes and about him like my little Ziggy did when he was very sick 2 years ago. It's painful to see this.
Dana I'm so sorry. Basil is lucky to have you love him through this. Sending you so many hugs

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 10-20-20, 06:09 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's workout was

Walk - 30 minutes
Pahla B - Easy, Enjoyable Weight Loss (Cardio & Strength Workout) - 23 minutes

I was going to do a GHUTV workout, but couldn't get logged in, so I defaulted to Pahla B and am so glad I did. There is something so nice about Pahla's workouts for me - I don't know if it's the chattiness, the simplicity, the countdown clock, the set up of the workouts, but most of the time, I just love her stuff. Which feels weird coming from a old Firmie (you know, the music, the moves choregraphed to the music, the mansion, etc.). This was one of her newer workouts - primarily strength, but with some cardio - 30 seconds of cardio, a minute of strength with medium weights, no rest. I used my lightest dumbbells for some and mediums for other exercises or rounds. It was done before I knew it, and yet I felt worked out without being wiped out. I think I'll stick with Pahla for a while. No shoulder circles though - those are not good for me, day after day.

Things are getting stressful at work. Not surprising since the caseloads are rising and the hospitals are full - only 9 ICU beds left in our entire 26 county region... I cannot imagine how our health care workers feel.

Dana - I'm sorry about Basil. I know what you are going through - I walked that road with my sweet Sophie girl 2 years ago last month. It's hard. Enjoy every moment.

Linda - Thanks! I know I'm tired, not sleeping well these days. Worried about everything in our world, none of which I can change.

Donna - Funny that we both ended up with Pahla - I hadn't read your post before I settled on Pahla's workout. I've seen Moving Mango's stuff, but knew that most of her stuff was longer than I like to do. Interesting that it was easy to break into 2 parts. I think you would feel really good if you did pilates for 90 days...

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 06:46 AM  
fanofladyvols

Donna that's an excellent generic template. Should provide you with lots of flexibility and love the rest day mid week.

Carol your Pahla workout sounds kinda Firmish. No wonder you liked it. The lack of ICU beds is sobering. I'm trying to increase my time of resting. Just to decompress from everything around me.

Dana more hugs for you and your fur friend, Basil.

Monday was MMA Kickbox and Element Pilates Slim and Tone. I *thought* Slim and Tone would be on the easier side since it was on a Pilates basics DVD...but not so much, lol. It had interesting foot work at the beginning that was engaging for the arches and your abs. It moves briskly and ends with .. jumping? That was the oddity of the workout. Everything else seemed very fluid and intentional. I had never worked out with Kara Wiley but she didn't offer enough form pointers for a beginner and yet seemed to talk alot. I'd have to do it again to understand what I felt she missed saying. Great outdoor sunny scenery.

Christine miss you!

Brenda you still stepping away?

Cheri hope all is well!

Terrific Tuesday wishes to you guys!

Old 10-20-20, 07:31 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was a bit of a disaster - we had a plumbing issue that needed to be addressed ASAP (our pressure tank was leaking) so in between trying to work I was trying to find a plumber who could come ASAP. My regular plumber couldn't make it, my back-up plumber (family business) was on vacation...so I just kept calling and reading Google reviews until I found someone - who was good, prompt and reasonable! We got a quote from him for some other work we need to have done - so maybe the silver lining is that I found a good and affordable plumber. My regular service is good, but they are pricey - this job would have cost at least 1.5/2X what we were charged from the new place.

Then, I had to go get my flu shot.

Since I always feel a bit off after the flu shot I took it easy today -

Jessica Valent - Gentle Pilates - one of her newer workouts. It slower moving and good for beginners.

I was going to so something else but my arm hurts to lift and I just generally feel draggy today.

I have an eye appointment this afternoon - so after that I may go out for a walk since I expect to be feeling better!!

Carol - agreed about Pahla! I suppose there is something FIRM-ish about her workouts - a lot of 4 limb and cardio/weights combos. I was going to do that workout today but I decided I didn't want to move my arms too much, LOL!

Linda - those are very wise words about workouts and motivation. I have had a lot on my mind over the past year/year and a half and it definitely does sap my enthusiasm for workouts and such at times. I am also not sleeping well, so that affects my energy. I know it isn't permanent, so just keep moving....something is better than nothing!

Dana - The worst part of being a pet parent is watching them age and decline. I'm seeing that with my Lab these days. It is getting harder and harder for her to get around. She loves to go for walks, but I really can't take her anymore b/c she limps for days afterwards. It is a tough thing to watch. ((HUGS))

Waves, everyone -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 12:25 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

I've been doing tons of step, weights, and Jessica-style "walking".

Someone asked me if I step in front of people... yes, in front of family. My hubby and kids are getting used to seeing me do that regularly. My gut is happier the more I move.

Dana, I'm so sorry about Basil. I'm glad he has you to comfort him.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote