Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-20, 08:25 AM  
ChelePA

Love Christmas music but not until after Thanksgiving too.

Early start today. Travel softball tournament. I decided to do an easier high impact HIIT in preparation for the new workouts. I chose Pyramid Hiit since no equipment was required. Intensity was just what I needed for my first pure Hiit in quite some time. I will try to add a few more into my upcoming schedule as we wait for Perfect 30.

Enjoy your Saturday!!!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-20, 05:46 PM  
Mickey12

Today I did another virgin - this time Hammer and Chisel Hammer Power. This one was 38 minutes of powerlifting style weights. The first part of the workout alternated upper and lower body moves, 10 reps light weight then 10 reps medium weight. The second section of the workout used medium and heavy weights and was definitely more power lifting inspired. Lots of cleans, presses and jerks.

I did something really fun and unusual today. I met up with my aunt and uncle, one of my sisters, and 3 cousins. My aunt got in touch with the current owners of my great grandparent's house/farm. We all met there walked the property and explored the horse barn, cow barn, chicken coop and milk house. We couldn't go into the house (which we were all dying to do), but being able to walk the property and go inside barns, etc, was so great. It hadn't been a working farm in over 50 years so it has deteriorated some, but still really cool to explore. The house was sold when I was about 5 so I have very, very few memories of it but my aunt and my older cousins remember a lot more things. We walked around and shared stories and memories. It was a gorgeous sunny fall day and it was just so great! My aunt showed us a beam in the horse barn where my grandfather carved his initials. Cool beans for sure!!!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-20, 07:07 PM  
horusosiris

Happy Sunday to All!

I will meet all of you at the Cathe road trip!

Today I did a Sleek Full Ballerina Body workout and did a treadmill climb workout
Yesterday I did KCM’s Lift and Box workout. It was a no impact weight and boxing intervals. I rated this workout 5 out 5 stars!

Mickey- - What fun to see and explore your great grandparents farm home and to spend time with your family members. Sharing stories and memories is precious! Glad you like H+C Power. I like anything that Sagi is in- LOL.

Chel- and Mickey I just feel in the holiday spirit early this year. With everything going on in the world, I need a pick me up. How was the softball tournament?

Kate-
A full moon on Halloween will be a real trick or treat?

Cataddict- I forgot that Patrick was a part of G Force. When I hear ‘white whale’ I think of Melville’s Moby Dick. I read that story when I was a teen and loved it.

Kittybug- This week’s Cathe Live- 316 was good. Lately, almost all of them have been good. I am not sure how I will adjust once the gym members are back in the workouts. I am really enjoying solo Cathe.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-20, 06:39 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Today I did another virgin - this time Hammer and Chisel Hammer Power. This one was 38 minutes of powerlifting style weights. The first part of the workout alternated upper and lower body moves, 10 reps light weight then 10 reps medium weight. The second section of the workout used medium and heavy weights and was definitely more power lifting inspired. Lots of cleans, presses and jerks.

I did something really fun and unusual today. I met up with my aunt and uncle, one of my sisters, and 3 cousins. My aunt got in touch with the current owners of my great grandparent's house/farm. We all met there walked the property and explored the horse barn, cow barn, chicken coop and milk house. We couldn't go into the house (which we were all dying to do), but being able to walk the property and go inside barns, etc, was so great. It hadn't been a working farm in over 50 years so it has deteriorated some, but still really cool to explore. The house was sold when I was about 5 so I have very, very few memories of it but my aunt and my older cousins remember a lot more things. We walked around and shared stories and memories. It was a gorgeous sunny fall day and it was just so great! My aunt showed us a beam in the horse barn where my grandfather carved his initials. Cool beans for sure!!!

Kim

Love this! What a great experience!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-20, 11:06 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday fierce Watulan friends!

Lots to catch up on...you all are amazing and inspiring! I have totally got fantasies of meeting up on a Cathe Road trip, as intimidated as I'd be! How much fun would we have??? A girl can dream, right? I've always thought road trips looked like so much fun but meeting all of you in person would be even more amazing.

So Friday I did Live 273, Metabolic Mish Mosh, and that was a pretty intense sweat fest, yikes! Maybe I was end-of-week tired or something but I was sort of glad when it was finally over! Didn't someone here mention doing this one recently and feeling the same? Or am I imagining that? Anyway, yesterday was CleanMax and today I'm planning to do Live 95, Total Body Barbell and Bands.

Manleym, does Cathe offer huge Black Friday discounts on 6-month or year Live memberships? I'm doing month-to-month right now and wonder if the discount would apply to someone already signed up. Hmmm...

KateTT, I don't think 'easy' or 'recovery' are in your vocabulary, hah hah!! Fierce woman! I still want some of your plums and plum butter.

Nathalie, congrats on making it through that workout! I work out in the middle of my work day too because I work from home. It helps me switch gears between different jobs and has worked well for years.

ChelePA, how was the softball this weekend?

Horusosiris, I SO hear you on needing a spirit lift. I'm one who doesn't enjoy the holidays at all, or I didn't for years, as family and framily are all very far away from us now. We've started making it special in our own way in the last few years which has helped greatly but I still tend to get down in the dumps and dread them. I also detest winter which doesn't help! Hugs to you.

Fanofladyvols, how fun to guess who everyone is before finding out, hah!!! I'd know the one with the cowbell was you though.

Cataddict, how go the ICKMAX cat woes? I forgot to mention for the poo issue, we've had success in the past adding a very small amount of pumpkin puree (canned, no additives, sugar, etc) to our kitties' food when there were tummy issues. This worked like a charm when we first brought our ferals home last year and they had kitten belly despite deworming, etc. The adults surprisingly really liked the taste too and it helped them with stress belly from being introduced to the new kittens. Hugs to you and Big Orange and everyone else in your house!!

Kim, I'm so sorry about your recent kitty losses. I can't be without cats either, just no. And your weekend farm visit sounds AMAZING. How precious, sharing those stories and seeing all that history.

Bee, laughing at you Joni-O'ing the yoga, hah hah hah hah!!! Flowery speak or too much talking during yoga irritates me to no end now.

Hope I didn't miss anybody. Stay fierce, my friends!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-20, 11:32 AM  
horusosiris

Happy Sunday

Today I did KCM's Step and Legs # 4 and wow it was fast paced! Both background people even had a hard time keeping up with her. It did not help that the music was too loud and I often had a difficult time hearing her cue the steps but all in all I enjoyed it.

I finished off with an Essentrics Full Body stretch workout.

Kittybug-
since you are doing month to month Cathe Live, you can just not renew in December and then take advantage of the Black Friday sale. Cathe Live 95 is a long but good one. I just did that workout last week. Sorry that you do not enjoy the holidays but glad that you have found a way to make it special.

Anyway, do any of you have good ideas for a different holiday celebration this year? We are trying to think of ways to make it special via zoom. Each of us are putting together videos to share with one another and we are going to have a zoom gift unwrapping. Our family usually have big get togethers for holidays but alas this year that will not happen.

Mickey
your mention of Sagi is making me miss him.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-20, 12:07 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Happy Sunday fierce Watulan friends!

Lots to catch up on...you all are amazing and inspiring! I have totally got fantasies of meeting up on a Cathe Road trip, as intimidated as I'd be! How much fun would we have??? A girl can dream, right? I've always thought road trips looked like so much fun but meeting all of you in person would be even more amazing....

Fanofladyvols, how fun to guess who everyone is before finding out, hah!!! I'd know the one with the cowbell was you though.
Have cowbell...will travel!!

But you're right, I'd need to hide my bell or bring an extra and make someone else hold one

And yes, it would be a blast to meet everyone

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-20, 01:13 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hi All! I would love to have all of us meet up on a Cathe road trip -- that's a great dream! And funny enough, sometime in the last week or so the exact thought occurred to me as I finished my workout. Maybe it's crazy but I often think about you guys during my workouts and either things you have said about the particular workout I'm doing or things I want to tell you. Great minds think alike!!

On the holiday stuff.... the only friend I see in person these days -- other than quick veggie trades or something like that -- is my son's girlfriend's mother -- it's so lucky that we get along really well, so we treat our two families as being in the same bubble. We have the same philosophy about being super cautious regarding covid risk. We have been talking about trying to do one thing special each month just to have something to look forward to and something out of the ordinary to plan. It's easy with these three months -- halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas. After that we'll have to get a bit more creative. For halloween we are going to have a kid-like party for our 18, 19, and 21 year olds. Pumpkin carving, fishing for more adult-like treats, eating a donut off a string. We haven't talked about Thanksgiving yet and for Christmas the only thing we've come up with is seeing the lights together with hot chocolate -- which I do with my boys every year anyway.

One thing that's fun.... the Santa Cruz beach boardwalk -- rides, arcade, miniature golf, etc., has started doing a drive in movie in their parking lot. We are going to do that sometime. We do have to come up with new ways to keep our spirits up! For so long my family has been holed up and I think in the back of our minds thinking that it's somewhat "temporary" but it seems like it's maybe just the new way of living, sadly, so we have to get creative.

Sorry I've been a bit MIA. I'm not sure what workouts I have done! But today I did Bob Harper's Ultimate Cardio Challenge thanks to Kate's mention of it. I did it in a different way than Kate -- that is, I did not add on the glute challenge and I used much lighter weights!! I had forgotten his ass burners but as soon as they popped up I remembered my old Cathe check in buddies talking about how hard those ass burners were. I do not know if maybe I didn't get down as low this time or maybe all the yoga holds and Cathe's glider work have trained me, but they didn't seem so burning today.

cataddict, I am definitely old enough to know "cool beans" -- I commented on it and wondered if it meant something more than just "cool" since horusosiris had asked about it.

I have never read Moby Dick! Should I? I feel my post could end up being a Moby Dick edition, too, so I will keep this short but just want to send a fierce hug to all of you -- touching base with you is definitely a bright spot in my day these days. xox
Old 10-04-20, 02:11 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I've found that my taste changes with time. I used to do Cathe all.the. time.

Started with 3 day split strength. Then total body metabolic. Love kettlebell now. Glad I didn't get rid of those when I was on Cathe kick. I have also started using paper workouts...!

Not getting rid of my DVDs. They are not worth as much as I spent on them. But they are all worth it.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-20, 04:07 PM  
manleym

Hi All! Hope everyone is having a relaxing Sunday! The sun is shining and it is a beautiful fall day!

Bee sounds like ya'll have fun Halloween plans! I always love reading how creative you are with finding fun ways to celebrate with your boys. It will be fun reading how you and your son's girlfriend's mother decide to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas. I know it will be good.

Kittybug what Horusosiris said about Cathe Live Black Friday sales. I'm really hoping she offers a Black Friday deal.

Horusosiris the videos sound so fun! I can't wait to hear how your family celebrates. No ideas here but know ya'll will come up with something creative. Since my mom passed away our holidays have been very small. We usually go to Florida for Christmas to be with DH's family, but it's not the same. My brother is usually with his wife's side of the family during the holidays so we haven't celebrated a holiday with them in years. I miss the big family gatherings.

Kim sounds like I'll be trying Hammer & Chisel this week! Another virgin set for me, so I've been reading your posts with interest. How fun to visit the family's old farm! What great memories and reliving your family's heritage. I love doing things like that.
And I've heard of cool beans. I didn't know it came from Cheech and Chong either, but folks around here used to say it quite a bit. Guess back in the Cheech and Chong days.

KateTT I did Paul's Ab lab the other day since you mentioned how good it was. And it is!! The standing part is very functional and could be metabolic using a heavy enough weight. And I had to modify the floor section! Oh my! It was tough! I NEVER do seperate ab workouts, but this was worth it! It's on Youtube if anyone is interested. Sounds like I need to tear off the shrink wrap of Paul's Kettlebell Krush. Have been thinking I should do more kettlebell workouts...

Cataddict I agree that KateTT would be easy to identify. Like the idea of figuring it out based on what we say. Like you, I have pictures of ya'll in my head and I'm sure they're way off! I'm sure you're picturing Cathe when you think of me! LOL! Keep us posted on your rotation ideas.

On to workouts...Friday I made it home on time to do Cathe Live Cardio Leg Crush. Missed the warm-up but was able to do the entire workout. Then I wandered over to Youtube and did Paul's ASAP Fitness Ab Lab. I'm telling ya - it's worth trying, especially since it's on YT. Saturday I did Michelle Dozios One on One Total Body Strength + Lower Body Strength. I liked Total Body but really liked Lower Body. I remember really liking lower body, and still do!
Then I did Emma Henry Get Hip with Your Flexors and she's not a fav so I won't be returning to it. Today I did Kim Flow To Floor and LOVED it so I'll definitely do it again.

Nathalie how nice to be able to workout in the middle of the day. I love that during the summer I can workout any time! Sure makes a difference.

ChelePA any new Kat workouts? How was the softball weekend?

Waves and hugs to all!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in