Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-12, 04:16 PM  
StrongFree&Happy

Are Skechers a good workout shoe choice?

Hi everyone, Im in the market for some new workout sneakers and was hoping for some reviews on Skechers. Are they decent workout shoes or merely a fashion brand? Im not a runner or hardcore cardio person, so i need the shoes mainly for walking and only a few occassional other workouts (I am mainly a yoga gal).
The Shapeups look totally bizzaro to me! I have my eye on either STRIDE or GORUN . I always thought all sneakers were kinda ugly but the Skechers look pretty cool and I love that they come in such bright obnoxious colours!
StrongFree&Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-12, 04:43 PM  
cpcathy

I adore my Skechers Tone Ups. Mind you, it's Tone Ups and NOT Shape Ups. Shape Ups are the crazily curved sole shoe, I call them Frankenstein shoes.
My Tone Ups have saved my feet. I have RA and basically have "arthritis feet," meaning they're a mess. The bottom of my feet used to literally burn after wearing my shoes too long. Tone Ups are padded all along the bottom, not just the heel, for example. I love them, I have two pair now.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-12, 04:44 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpcathy View Post
I adore my Skechers Tone Ups. Mind you, it's Tone Ups and NOT Shape Ups. Shape Ups are the crazily curved sole shoe, I call them Frankenstein shoes.
My Tone Ups have saved my feet. I have RA and basically have "arthritis feet," meaning they're a mess. The bottom of my feet used to literally burn after wearing my shoes too long. Tone Ups are padded all along the bottom, not just the heel, for example. I love them, I have two pair now.
I work out barefoot almost all the time. BUT, I have flat feet and love, love the Tone Ups. I don't like the Shape Ups either, but love the Tone Ups(they still have a balance element too them but not as much as Shape Ups). My TJ Maxx has great deals on Skechers XT as well, and I've had a pair of those I really like. I'm not sure if they even make them anymore~may be phasing them out. They're designed to work out in.
Old 03-05-12, 05:30 PM  
StrongFree&Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpcathy View Post
cpcathy, I have RA issues with my feet too, its good to know these are supportive. I have small feet and i tend to have pain in my toes and sides of foot so I need space and cushioning in the front of the shoe but my heel is really slim so i find that i slip out of a lot of shoes.

I like the look of the Tone-Ups RUN and Tone-Ups RUN ELEVATE and Tone-ups FITNESS FLEX . Do you have any of these?
StrongFree&Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-12, 05:41 PM  
cpcathy

I don't have the Run ones, I must have the Fitness Flex. So comfortable!

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-12, 07:16 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I have a pair of Nike regular shoes with that same fitness-flex sole. I love those shoes so much. They are now beat up, and stinky as all get out. But I won't get rid of them because they are so wonderful to walk in. I couldn't find any other Nikes like those. I am so happy that sole turned up. I'll be buying the Skechers.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shoes, skechers, skechers tone up sandals, skeckers shape-ups, sneakers