Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-20-13, 05:50 PM  
rheash92

Q on Impact and plank work on JMBR

I have Body Revolution for a while now but have not tried it because I have had to restart several times. I did one round of JNL (8 weeks) and liked it. The impact is quite modifiable and there is not a lot of plank/wrist work.

How much impact and plank work is there in BR? I have been working out consistently for the last several months but I would just say Im a high beginner. Will this be a good program for me? Thanks!

R.
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-13, 06:01 PM  
Tinks

I don't have JMBR, but just wanted to say that I have to do planks like this website shows.
It keeps the weight off of my wrists.

Also, I watched a short video(a little of 2 min.) by Jessica Smith on youtube where she gives some great modifications for burpees, mountain climbers, tuck jumps, and running in place. Click here for the link.
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-13, 06:04 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I haven't done JMBR in a while, but if I recall there was a moderate amount of plank work, and the cardio was mostly high impact (but not all of it - especially in Phase 1). If I recall, the "frontside" workouts in Phase 3 were pretty plank/pushup heavy.

They sell Phase 1 by itself now - in fact I just saw it at Walmart for about $35! You might try that, then get the other phases (they'll inevitably be put to retail by themselves too) if you like it. They DEFINITELY progress and P1 is much easier than P3. I would say P1 is intermediate done as-is.

I know modification can really change a workout's intensity, but at non-modified I wouldn't say JMBR is any harder than JNL. But I did everything high impact and a lot of JNL's cardio intervals were tough! I suppose they are pretty different though to compare. It depends on what your strengths are.
Old 11-20-13, 07:03 PM  
pcdoctor01

Amazon has phase 1 for $25.98 and a 3rd party is selling it for more. It says temporarily out of stock, order now and we'll deliver when available. I'd rather have phase 1, 2 and 3 on three discs versus 15.
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote