https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-yY...ature=youtu.be

Looks awesome for cathe lovers!

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-15, 01:42 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I couldn't tell from the email I received--is the Workout Blender only going to work now if you have Cathe On Demand?

From the email:
Quote:
Our Workout Blender technology puts you in charge of your workouts and makes it possible for you to create unlimited custom workouts from any of Cathe’s OnDemand videos.
Ok, I just checked her website:
"The Workout Blender is Free for All Cathe OnDemand Customers"
"In order use the Workout Blender you must be an active monthly subscriber of our OnDemand streaming service."
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-15, 01:50 PM  
Messe

Sounds like SNM is turning the Workout Blender into another moneymaker: Buy their downloads and then pay $18.95/month to do anything other than play them as is.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-15, 01:51 PM  
dbclark44

I think when she gets that blender to work on her Roku channel I'll start paying the On Demand subscription. But the blender has a lot of restrictions from what I can see.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-15, 02:57 PM  
horusosiris

I think that is ridiculous the way SNM set this up. Over the years I have purchased all of her DVDS and many of her downloads (downloads addition to the same workouts that I had on DVD) I have no need for her on demand service because i already have all of her workouts. The older workout blender worked as long has you had her downloads. Now she is making you subscribe to her On Demand just to use the workout blender? I already subscribe to Cathe Live too!

I am sorry, I really like Cathe and her workouts but I am a little peeved. It sounds like greed to me. All along when SNM said they were working on the new blender they never gave a hint that you would need to subscribe to Cathe'on demand' to use it. Thanks but no thanks!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-15, 03:13 PM  
dbclark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
I think that is ridiculous the way SNM set this up. Over the years I have purchased all of her DVDS and many of her downloads (downloads addition to the same workouts that I had on DVD) I have no need for her on demand service because i already have all of her workouts. The older workout blender worked as long has you had her downloads. Now she is making you subscribe to her On Demand just to use the workout blender? I already subscribe to Cathe Live too!

I am sorry, I really like Cathe and her workouts but I am a little peeved. It sounds like greed to me. All along when SNM said they were working on the new blender they never gave a hint that you would need to subscribe to Cathe'on demand' to use it. Thanks but no thanks!
You make some excellent points and I hope you voice these concerns on her site because that is whack! I totally agree with you. If you already subscribe and have been using the old blender they should make exceptions and grandfather existing members in somehow. Wow! I feel your frustration and am sorry. I never used the blender at all or purchased any of the downloads so it's no loss to me, but you and countless others?!! Wow.

Old 05-08-15, 03:16 PM  
mtngoat

Quote:

I may be wrong, but the way I read it is the new Workout Blender is specifically for making premixes of the online workouts. I'm not sure it would even work with the downloads.

I know in the past SNM have said that once the online system is up and running that they'd put more time into the download Workout Blender. I hope this is true - I can see this 'old tech' (like downloads) getting lower on the priority list.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-15, 03:57 PM  
dbclark44

I tell you what, I just viewed the demo for the workout blender never having dabbed into it before and I absolutely love the options this thing offers. I'm at work right now and although I said above that I wasn't going to sign up, if my job internet would allow me to access and do it I'd already be signed up. Unfortunately I'll have to wait until I get home to sign up.

I've been wanting to be able to mix and match Cathe for a long time and right now I'm using a dvd and Blu-ray to switch between dvd workouts sometimes and having this would eliminate me having to do this. And the workouts I create in the blender can actually travel with me as once I create them online I can access and play them back on my ipad. The demo, like an infomercial pulled me in - hook line and sinker. I was goner when I saw that.

Old 05-08-15, 04:16 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat View Post
I may be wrong, but the way I read it is the new Workout Blender is specifically for making premixes of the online workouts. I'm not sure it would even work with the downloads.

I know in the past SNM have said that once the online system is up and running that they'd put more time into the download Workout Blender. I hope this is true - I can see this 'old tech' (like downloads) getting lower on the priority list.
I still see the Workout Blender Desktop App under Apps on Cathe's site, so I guess the new Workout Blender is just for Cathe On Demand. I'm relieved it looks like you can still use the old Workout Blender with downloads.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-15, 04:42 PM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

Quote:

I don't think the OnDemand Workout Blender is for downloads, it is simply for people who subscribe to OnDemand. They are just adding a service to their streaming offerings. (A really nice service, IMO!)

I don't see it is as greedy. I am a web developer and I am certain that creating something like the Workout Blender to work on their website was not cheap and not easy. They are obviously doing it because they want to encourage people to sign up for OnDemand, but it was probably a big expense to create.

Of course, I own a lot of downloads, and I wish that they could make the free desktop Workout Blender work better. It actually doesn't work at all for me anymore, and I am disappointed about that. I do hope that they can get it working again. But I'm not going to complain that they are providing a service for their OnDemand customers. I am a little jealous of the OnDemand customers, but still won't subscribe for any long periods of time since I own most of the workouts I want already. (I did sign up for a month when RWH came out to use them for a month, and I'll probably do it again once a year.)

Tags
cathe, workout blender