Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-14, 11:08 PM  
twinkletoes

How do I get rid of the loaf of bread?

I know this was talked about before but I don't know how I would search for it.

You know when you're in plank position and you look at your stomach...and it looks like a loaf of bread, how would you get rid of that? Or is that just something I have to live with after having 2 kids?
Old 12-22-14, 11:46 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Tummy tuck?
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-14, 11:56 PM  
Gancho Girl

Do you have a diastasis?

---
http://livingroomathlete.blogspot.com/

Disclosure statement: I am a facilitator for Misty Tripoli's THE GROOVE and a Pilates instructor.
Gancho Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-14, 12:05 AM  
ots

Now, this might sound hokie - but, I like Nauli Kriya. Although, I will give you some caveats: 1) when I started, I did not look like Jill Miller or any of the people that you can see demo-ing it on youtube look. In fact, it barely looked like anything was happening. Now, it looks like I'm doing something like them --- but, not with the same speed or depth. 2) it still not attractive doing it and I would prefer never to do it in front of anyone --- this is just between me and my mirror! 3) a layer of fat still covers everything. That being said, 4) I do think it makes a difference in the appearance of my belly and I think all the adhesions that originally made it a tad uncomfortable are gone and everything looks a little bit more sucked in.

I started by using Jill's Nauli Kriya DVD which is really more an instructional DVD than a practice one. But, I hear that her Coregeous DVD has some NK on it too. I don't know if anyone else does it --- once I learned, I just do it on my own in front of the mirror.

YMMV!
ots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-14, 12:08 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ots View Post
Now, this might sound hokie - but, I like Nauli Kriya.
is this just another ab flavor of the month? can you possibly describe what the move(s) entails?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-14, 01:31 AM  
Nelly G

I found this pdf off Jill Miller about the Nauli Kriya move and other ab moves:

http://www.adishesha.com/a70/Fit-Yoga-Article-sm.pdf
Nelly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-14, 07:02 AM  
pcdoctor01

I thought you were talking about not eating the loaf or any bread at all when I first saw the title of the thread.
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-14, 07:26 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcdoctor01 View Post
I thought you were talking about not eating the loaf or any bread at all when I first saw the title of the thread.
Me, too. I was going to suggest she feed some birds. The wild game hens that roam my property LOVE bread.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-14, 07:56 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

I'm in holiday mindframe, so I thought you were talking about fruitcake!
Old 12-23-14, 08:30 AM  
Jo80

Is nauli kriya similar to a stomach vaccum. In the 4 hour body book, it it called the cat vomit exercise.
http://youtu.be/dCT1AHrjX_kk

I did not do it regularly but maybe I should. There is also another exercise in the book, a myotatic crunch. http://youtu.be/LZ6K5ob96FI

Tags
abdominals, body acceptance, body dysmorphia, bread, bread crumbs, loaf of bread, nauli, planks, pooch