Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-24-12, 10:58 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I am LOVING the Winsor Slimming Pilates kit, courtesy of a fabulously generous VF'er! I'd hemmed and hawed about getting it and it turns out this kit is fun and effective, I almost feel like I just got off a reformer after using it. A few moves are a bit awkward with the Accelerator but overall it's a real winner.

I'll never delay, if Mari has another infomercial item I'll be buying immediately.
This is really good to know; thanks!
You know, I never paid much attention to Winsor Pilates back in the day, but have been using them a lot lately and it turns out they're my absolute favorites for quick & effective Pilates routines.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-12, 12:12 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I am LOVING the Winsor Slimming Pilates kit, courtesy of a fabulously generous VF'er! I'd hemmed and hawed about getting it and it turns out this kit is fun and effective, I almost feel like I just got off a reformer after using it. A few moves are a bit awkward with the Accelerator but overall it's a real winner.

I'll never delay, if Mari has another infomercial item I'll be buying immediately.
Pat - are the equipment/gadgets that come with it anything special? some amazon reviews say it is of cheap construction. i have a padded bar - does the attachment to a door make the moves any more effective?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-12, 12:37 PM  
Cowgirl32

I use to love Winsor Pilates, but now I can't stand it her personality for some reason..
Old 06-24-12, 04:29 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
Pat - are the equipment/gadgets that come with it anything special? some amazon reviews say it is of cheap construction. i have a padded bar - does the attachment to a door make the moves any more effective?
I will confess, it is somewhat cheap. It's a light body bar with screw off handles. Then they configured exercise tubing to have attachments at the ends and a rouched sleeve that goes over it. There are two small handles or "slippers" as Mari calls them that attach with very cheap plastic clips that look like they could break - I plan to replace the clips with metal ones from the hardware store. The door attachment is a knob-shaped thing and a loop. When using the door attachment it gives you a poor-gal's tower. You have to be able to view the video or at least hear it after giving it a good preview, and have your mat near a door that will not fly open on you. Ideally a door that closes inward.

The videos themselves are excellent!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-12, 05:03 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl32 View Post
I use to love Winsor Pilates, but now I can't stand it her personality for some reason..
Haha, the reverse happened with me. The older I got the more I grew to like Mari....
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-12, 10:53 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Agh. I had my eye on the Winsor Slimming Pilates kit when it first came out but just couldn't justify the cost. Kind of forgot about it in the midst of dozens of other releases since then. Now I'm going to have to look into this again. Hopefully the cost has come down a bit??

I've always enjoyed Mari's dvds also. Her bun and thigh sculpting is one of my all time favorites. I've been thinking of getting her newer Lower Body Pilates dvd also. Any one care to enable me into buying any others of hers that are favorites?
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mari winsor, winsor, winsor pilates, winsor pilates cardio, winsor slimming pilates