Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-10, 08:01 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Winsor Slimming Pilates: fishing for gripes, dislikes, quibbles

Please tell me what you did not like about the Winsor Slimming Pilates system with the accelerator, door attachment, etc.? Or what you did like.

Yes another Winsor thread. I'm so undecided on this! I want the videos but do I need all the gear when I already have various hand weights and a Supreme Pilates?
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-10, 09:50 AM  
D72

I believe initial response was positive?
D72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-10, 11:08 AM  
cpcathy

I wrote a review on Collage, but I love this set! Mari goes a teeny bit too fast, and does not exactly cue during any of the cardio segments (not sure which direction to go in until they start in that direction!), you have to start the videos, then pause to get the accelerator into the configuration they have it in. OK, those are the gripes. I do love Mari though, and the accelerator is quite fun, I get a good stretch while doing the workouts, and since I have the deluxe set, more videos, more videos, more videos!

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-10, 11:29 AM  
bfit

I'm ashamed to admit that I bought this and haven't even used it yet. I unpacked everything and checked to make sure it all worked, but I never have time to get all the gear out and figure out how it works. It's so much easier to just grab a DVD that doesn't require stuff. Maybe it's just me, but it might be something to think about if you're rushed all the time like I am.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-10, 10:06 PM  
Lissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit View Post
I'm ashamed to admit that I bought this and haven't even used it yet. I unpacked everything and checked to make sure it all worked, but I never have time to get all the gear out and figure out how it works. It's so much easier to just grab a DVD that doesn't require stuff. Maybe it's just me, but it might be something to think about if you're rushed all the time like I am.
Sounds like me with the Supreme Pilates machine.

I've been interested in this for awhile. Hopefully if I ever get it, I would use it.

~Lissa
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-10, 10:38 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I like that most of the workouts are short, only 20 minutes. I didn't get the kit, but got the DVDs from amazon and VF trades.

Anyone who doesn't want/use the Accelerator, please see my trade/wish list!

Cynthia

ETA: The bonus DVD in the basic set is Pilates of the Fit and Famous. It has 4 short w/o's. Two of them are also on the Cardio Pilates DVD that I got at Walmart: Cardio Pilates (called Quick Fix on the Cardio Pilates DVD) and Lower Body workout.

Also, Bootcamp Express, released by Gaiam as a kit with one-pound weights, is on one of the deluxe kit DVDs. Rapid Results Pilates has On the Go Pilates and Bootcamp Express.

The cover art for Bootcamp Express shows someone doing a floor exercise. The workout is all standing and a bit dancy.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-10, 09:47 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Did any rotation calendars come with the set?
Old 10-10-10, 06:03 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Pat58 - although I would like to trade for the Accelerator, I have been substituting quite happily: short bar (Tae Bo Amplifier) and resistance tubing with handles. After I tried several, the one that works best is the light blue covered band from Gaiam.

Still hoping someone will share a rotation...

Cynthia

Tags
mari winsor, winsor slimming pilates