Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-10, 03:38 PM  
cpcathy

Mari Winsor Slimming Pilates

Not sure if anyone is clammering for this, but I posted a mini review at Collage. Very happy with this purchase. Here t'is:

I had pre ordered from Collage , the set was to be released on 5/25, I received it on 5/26 via FedEx. Great service!
There are quite a few workouts on this set, as Princess said, I previewed some of them while recovering from eye surgery. It's hard to keep them straight so I just chose a few and did them willy-nilly.
First off, the Accelerator is very well-made, no loose parts, no parts that just don't function. The door to my workout room is a little funky--didn't stay shut when I tried the door-attachment, so I wrapped the door attachment handle around my doorknob a few times and that worked.
You have to start each video to find out what portion of the Accelerator Mari is going to use in the video, perhaps pause it and then get your Accelerator together; sometimes I just previewed the video the night before and then set it up and leave it for the next workout.
As for the workouts, so far, so good. a couple really kicked my butt, literally--I was sore there and in my arms from the armwork and tummy from the abwork. I then goofed off with the Accelerator and did some rows using the bar, which works nicely. On the videos, Mari is her usual self, kind of funny, like a schoolteacher with a sense of humor. She sometimes goes quite fast in counting out the moves (mostly during cardio) and doesn't really tell you which direction she wants you to go. Get ready to keep pausing the DVD to reset your positioin with the Accelerator at times.

All in all, I like this set. I have to be honest and say, I have lost one lb! Hopefully this is from these workouts, and I will continue to use them!

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 06:28 AM  
Snuckles

Thanks for your review. I'm sort of eyeing these right now. Did you get the deluxe version?
Snuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 07:54 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yes, thanks for the review. I've been going back and forth on this set since it first came out. It does sound good.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 07:57 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Thanks for the review, Cathy. I'm guessing this is the same package that was offered in an infomercial for over $100 about six months ago?
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 08:02 AM  
ellaenchanted

Thanks! I love Mari and started w/ her when I got back into videos. Her old set became a little too easy for me but still good. I've been debating getting her updated kit.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 10:02 AM  
cpcathy

Yes, I forgot to mention it was the Deluxe set.

Old 06-02-10, 02:09 PM  
pfhanna

Thanks for posting your reviews of these. I started a thread about these and no one responed, so I am glad to hear from someone about these. I am just looking at the basic kit for right now. I am also wondering if these will be available from Mary. Someone also mentioned seeing these on TV?? Do they offer free shipping anywhere?? Thank you much, Pam.
Old 06-02-10, 02:18 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I keep reading the subject of this post as "Swimming Pilates" and do a double-take wondering what that would be!!!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 02:48 PM  
cpcathy

I did have to be careful not to write "swimming pilates", even though that sounds quite relaxing now.

Old 06-02-10, 08:08 PM  
DebnPhx
VF Supporter

Dang! I want this so bad, but I'm on a DVD diet. A fast, more like it. My husband put me on the fast when my last DVDs (boxed set of MTV Pilates and Yoga DVDs) came and I got caught in a 'fib' - told him it was shoes.

I better start thinking of an angle. Let's see.. birthday, no, that's in November, Christmas, obviously not... straight A's on my report card?... prolly not since I'm 51 and not currently a student... tax refund already spent... maybe I could say that I, too, might lose a pound! Yeah... that's the ticket...
DebnPhx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winsor slimming pilates