Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-09, 03:02 AM  
MuscleGuy

Thanks, Karen! Mine should be here soon hopefully!

Adam

MuscleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-09, 06:26 AM  
fit44

I purchased Kim's and received it. I haven't tried it out yet because I'm waiting for my bodybar (arriving today). It looks great!

I was afraid of Amy's choreography, so I passed. I don't like complicated choreography unless it's Cathe(for her impeccable cueing).
This thread, and a 20% coupon (MD2009) from Fitness Fly (valid May 1-3) sent me over the edge.
For anyone interested in using the coupon code, it is good for 20% any 2 or more videos(plus free shipping) . I ordered Amy's & Tonya's new release
fit44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-09, 06:45 AM  
lorajc

Haven't done any of mine yet, but I did go and buy the Danskin version of the Fitstick and it looks exactly like what they use in the video. I'm not sure how hard the tubing is yet, as it's still in the package, but I felt it briefly at the store and it feels pretty heavy. It was only $19.99 at Walmart.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-09, 10:44 AM  
joycet
VF Supporter

I just finished Amy's workout. Ummm... wow! That was tough! That first surge was definitely a killer!

Not trying to be catty.... but I'm a stickler for mis-spellings and mis-use of words... On the back of Kim's DVD cover, medicine ball is spelled medicene.... And in the credits of Amy's workout, the credit for the med ball is stated "med balls provided curiosity of..." What? Curiosity? Shouldn't that be "courtesy" of?...

I really like CIA workouts a lot but I honestly wonder who does the content editing on the covers and credits...
joycet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-09, 10:52 AM  
caligurl

i noted that in another thread that was just about amy's, not the whole series.... also... her URL is wrong.. it's listed as nrgfitnes.net... missing an S
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-09, 11:57 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Walsh View Post
I did the first half of this on Tuesday and the second half and the fusion stretch this morning. I really love this workout. It's Kim's usual fun stuff and her usual great cueing. There are six sections (in this order) that are each about 8-ish minutes:

Med Ball
Kickbox
Combat with bar
Med Ball
Kickbox
Combat with bar

Fusion stretch is separate.

The four premixes are:

Both Med Ball sections together
Both Kickbox sections together
Both Combat with bar sections together
The warmup plus the Fusion Stretch

Most of her combos do everything on one side and then everything on the other side. I had a great time both days and will definitely be doing this one again.
Thanks for posting all this info, Karen. I just got mine today from Mary, just in time for the weekend!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-09, 12:02 PM  
tara426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Walsh View Post
The gymstick has each tube end in a circle (that's not the right word but can't think of another at the moment) to put around each foot. Cathe's does not have that. The gymstick tubing reminds me more of Billy Blanks' tubing that he used in the Bootcamp and Bootcamp Elites but his tubing doesn't have the bar part.

ETA: "Loop" is the word I should have used instead of "circle".
That's what I was thinking of doing was attaching my Billy Blanks' tubing to a body bar and seeing how it went.
tara426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-09, 12:14 PM  
Elisa B.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joycet View Post
Not trying to be catty.... but I'm a stickler for mis-spellings and mis-use of words... On the back of Kim's DVD cover, medicine ball is spelled medicene.... And in the credits of Amy's workout, the credit for the med ball is stated "med balls provided curiosity of..." What? Curiosity? Shouldn't that be "courtesy" of?...

I really like CIA workouts a lot but I honestly wonder who does the content editing on the covers and credits...

LOL "curiosity of" -- that's a great CIA typo. The covers are always full of typos and weirdness -- why does no one proofread them??

I just did Tonya Larson's workout. It was okay; I'm not really excited about it. The step combos were not all that fun; she moves so quickly in the weights sections that I could only use 5-pound dumbbells (I've been doing CLX so this felt all wrong). I liked Kimberly's workout much better.

Elisa
Elisa B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-09, 01:04 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisa B. View Post
LOL "curiosity of" -- that's a great CIA typo. The covers are always full of typos and weirdness -- why does no one proofread them??
ya know.... that's a good point... it's a CIA workout.... so when i saw the typo's i emailed CIA about them (the typos)... and they (greg) wrote back blaming amy ..... oh well..... i normally don't watch the credits and just happened to leave them in when i finished previewing the workout the other day......
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-09, 01:21 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurl View Post
ya know.... that's a good point... it's a CIA workout.... so when i saw the typo's i emailed CIA about them (the typos)... and they (greg) wrote back blaming amy
That's pretty poor! It's not the talent's job to proofread! Grr...

On a more positive note, I was confused by some cues in Kickbox Surge and posted a question on Amy's forum last night - she responded very promptly.

http://www.amybento.net/phpBB3/viewt...3&p=1028#p1028

Sounds cool!

Tags
2009, amy bento, cia, kimberly spreen, reviews, seasun zieger, tonya larson