Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-27-20, 12:14 PM  
lavna

So sorry Kate for your loss.
My thoughts are with you in those hard times!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-20, 01:05 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh, Kate, I'm so sorry. I will echo what others have said..... and send love and hugs. Be good to yourself.

No video workout for me this morning..... decided I needed to put in extra time mowing/weed whacking. That is tough work on hilly, bumpy land.
Old 05-27-20, 01:10 PM  
horusosiris

Kate- I am very sorry for your loss. Losing a parent is so trying and difficult. My thoughts are with you and your family.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-20, 01:31 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Lost my mom yesterday (Tues). I'm numb. I couldn't focus on anything yesterday so didn't even get past the warmup in Cardio Fusion.
It really hurts.

I spent the day with my kids and grandkids and that brought me some joy in my heart. Hard to be sad when my 8 month old grandson tries to "kiss" my chin. And hugs from my granddaughter are a sure cure for a broken heart.

Today I soldiered through BodyMax 2 although I admit to skipping through some of the cardio blasts. But this is a doozy of a workout, that's for sure. Dripping sweat.

I'll be back with more. Just gotta grieve. Love and hugs to you all...your kind words and sympathy REALLY helps!
My deepest condolences. Be easy on yourself. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-20, 05:01 PM  
momofcha

KateTT so sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-20, 05:12 PM  
manleym

KateTT I am so very sorry for your loss. I totally understand what you are feeling. I know the pain so deep you can't even express it. People would ask me how I was doing after losing my mom and my honest response was, "I'm walking and breathing, so it is a good day." And it was true. The pain is so deep that some days all you can do is walk and breathe. Please take very good care of yourself and if there is ANYTHING we can do, please let us know. BIG HUGS and lots of prayers being sent your way. Love on those grandbabies and hold them tight.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-20, 07:55 PM  
fanofladyvols

HUGS{{Kate}}

I hope you reread all the love and positive vibes being sent your way and spend time grateful for your sweet moments with your mom. Feel free to share them with us.. we'd love to read them

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-20, 08:24 PM  
fanofladyvols

I am loving the upper body premix in 4 day split.
Has anyone else done it? It's like the sister of Butts and Guts to me.

I actually haven't done legs and glutes yet..will do tonight. I have been cobbling lower body YouTube and Instagram workouts to try out some variations. I will fold in some moves I have learned from Dave Scmidt, BJ Gaddour, Bret Contreras and Trainer Kaitlin. But back to Cathe for my main workout.

ChelePA I think it was you that had a question about the neck. One option is to hold a towel cradling your head suspended in the air...kind of creating a hammock, if that makes sense, under your head for support. Still a challenge bc your arms are raised but not as much stress in your neck.
The other thing to remember is something I learned from pilates that helped me and hope it will help you. While your head is on the floor make sure you slide those shoulders down your back, initiate a tensing of your muscles around your ribcage so your trunk feels as tightly secure as possible then initiate the movement from your core. You should feel the concentration of tension in your trunk and core not your neck/shoulder area after all that.

Dear kittybug, kim, manley horusosiris,lavna, bee cataddict (Hopefully I didn't forget anyone)
..this is me flexing ᕙ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕗ
and hoping you keep flexing back!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-20, 08:58 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I am loving the upper body premix in 4 day split.
Has anyone else done it? It's like the sister of Butts and Guts to me.

I actually haven't done legs and glutes yet..will do tonight. I have been cobbling lower body YouTube and Instagram workouts to try out some variations. I will fold in some moves I have learned from Dave Scmidt, BJ Gaddour, Bret Contreras and Trainer Kaitlin. But back to Cathe for my main workout.

ChelePA I think it was you that had a question about the neck. One option is to hold a towel cradling your head suspended in the air...kind of creating a hammock, if that makes sense, under your head for support. Still a challenge bc your arms are raised but not as much stress in your neck.
The other thing to remember is something I learned from pilates that helped me and hope it will help you. While your head is on the floor make sure you slide those shoulders down your back, initiate a tensing of your muscles around your ribcage so your trunk feels as tightly secure as possible then initiate the movement from your core. You should feel the concentration of tension in your trunk and core not your neck/shoulder area after all that.

Dear kittybug, kim, manley horusosiris,lavna, bee cataddict (Hopefully I didn't forget anyone)
..this is me flexing ᕙ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕗ
and hoping you keep flexing back!!
Thanks so much Linda for the recommendations regarding my neck. I will try and see how it feels.

My workouts lately have been mostly the free Cathe lives that are offered. It’s been the same ones for the past few months. But since I can bear weight on my foot, they’re like new workouts to me. I’m really enjoying them. Still modifying all of the higher impact moves. I also did Muscle Endurance yesterday. I like how she burns out lower body then switches to upper body and continues like that in circuit fashion. Plus the abs were creative.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-20, 09:09 AM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Dear kittybug, kim, manley horusosiris,lavna, bee cataddict (Hopefully I didn't forget anyone) ..this is me flexing ᕙ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕗ and hoping you keep flexing back!!
Look at those GUNS!!!
I LOVE 4DS, especially the weight work!! I'm so glad you're seeing results!

Kittybug that STINKS about your injury!! That's no good or fun. I'm glad you're taking it easy and recovering. Hope you're back to full speed soon! And glad you found a copy of Amy's SloMo so quickly! I agree - VFers are SO generous!! I have benefited greatly from the generosity of others!!

I've been LOVING these 2013 workouts! I've been using X10 as add-ons, or 2nd workouts, to the other 2013 workouts and it's been perfect!

Monday I did X37 premix - Cardio Blast/Hi/Lo premix plus Great Glutes Extreme premix. Tuesday was PRS 1 (so much fun!). Yesterday was Lean Legs and Abs – all sections plus X41 premix - Low Impact/Fat Burning Circuit. I really, really like using X10 as add-ons - either a premix or just one section. There isn't as much much dread factor. And I'm noticing a difference in my lower half!

I hope you are all doing well! Waves to everyone!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in