Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-21-20, 07:43 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Another day of low motivation for working out!

I did Essentrics - Body Reshaping & Posture w/ Amanda.

I had paused my Essentrics subscription for three months and it re-started yesterday. If had remembered, I would have probably continued it on "pause" but as it turns out, a new 15 day challenge is starting up on Tuesday so I may join in! I did end up cancelling Blessful Body - I enjoy the workouts and Ky, but it all started to feel very repetitive. And it is $18/month, EssentricsTV is $15. I did feel good when I did their Health Challenge in January. So we shall see. I decided to do some of the 7 Day Posture challenge they have up while I'm waiting to see what the 15 day challenge looks like.

We walked the dogs yesterday, looking a little dreary today - if I can't get out I'll do a walking workout indoors.

Carol - It would be weird interviewing people w/ masks on! I had the interview for my transfer position on-line. That was strange, too! What workout plan are you following from Jessica? I am both craving some structure and rebelling against it at the same time, LOL!

Brenda - nice workouts! I really find I don't like to be upside down for very long either!

Christine - I hope your energy returns. This has been a low energy/low motivation week for me.

Cheri - nice work w/ Jessica V. I used my baby 5lb kbell for the routine.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-20, 06:34 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

30 min. step while watching Madam Secretary

waving!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-20, 06:50 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

I went for a walk today. It has been so nice out lately, but I think the rain is back tomorrow. I've been spending a lot of time outside. We got a new duck so it has been fun spending time with her. She's a character and bullies our dog, lol!

Carol, thank you! I hope to get my energy back soon. I hope your interviews are going well.

Donna, that's nice that they let you pause a subscription! It sounds like a good time to re-start.

Cheri, isn't your first day back to work tomorrow? Thinking of you!

Waves!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-20, 06:50 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Another long day at work - geez, I've gotten spoiled the last 2 months! Luckily, Jessica's Summer of Strength calendar only called for:

Jessica Smith - Yoga Fusion Fix - Yoga for Stress Relief and Relaxation - 15 minutes

This was a pretty basic yoga routine - I modified just a touch towards the end. The "Stress Relief and Relaxation" part must not have worked, because I had a harder time than usual staying asleep during the night.

Christine - Thanks! Our interviews are going well. So far the two we've interviewed felt like completely different choices (I know that sounds funny, but they had completely different personalities it seemed) - both good, but just different. It will be interesting to compare today's candidate with those two.

Brenda - Hi!

Donna - Sorry your motivation is lagging. After thinking I was going to do the Strong & Calm rotation again, and then thinking I might do Core Week, so far this week I've settled on Summer of Strength. 3 days of strength and 2 days of stretching appealed to me. The mask thing during an interview is weird. Enjoy Essentrics!

Looking forward to the 3 day weekend, even though I'm bringing stuff home to work on.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-20, 07:16 AM  
donnamp

hi Everyone,

Still not feeling the love for workouts - but today I did:

Ellen - Total Body Tune Up. I think Ellen has come to replace yoga for me. I really used to enjoy yoga, particularly Yoga w/ Adriene, but now whenever I try to go back to it I just don't feel the love. So, I think Ellen fills that void w/ her workouts.

It is raining today so unless it stops, no outdoor walk but if time permits I may try to get a quick indoor walk in.

Christine - how cute about the duck!

Brenda - I like your multi-tasking!

Carol - I like the Summer of Strength rotation template as well. I am also going to have to work this weekend. At least for a bit....

Cheri - good luck returning to work.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-20, 08:38 AM  
cherimac

Lesley Logan Classical Pilates with the Ball

Yesterday I got my hair cut and colored and took a walk and stretched.

Off to work!
Old 05-22-20, 11:09 AM  
furmomof6

Hi everyone,

Another walk today! I'm not feeling the workout love either. I miss having a rotation/calendar to follow.

Donna, funny you should mention Yoga with Adriene. I don't think I shared here that I saw her on a news segment about a week ago and I noticed that her dog looks exactly like my dog! I sent DH the video to see and he said he couldn't believe how much Adriene and her dog look like me and my dog, lol. I don't see how I look like her, probably just the long dark hair. Our dogs are definitely twins though!

Carol, glad the interviews are going well! Maybe today's will be the tie breaker.

Cheri, your new 'do looks great!

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
Old 05-22-20, 03:16 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

JS Total Body Tune Up from 6 Mile Mix
25 min. walk/read

TGIF!

Cheri, your haircut looks great! I haven't had a haircut in 6 months. I was growing my hair out anyway so the timing has been good, but wow... it's getting long.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-20, 08:20 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Friday's workout was

Jessica Smith - Walk Strong 3: Lower Body - 30 minutes;
Dog Walk - 30 minutes

I was not feeling the love for this lower body workout - it was tough even though I didn't use the high step topper. I had to stop a couple of times and catch my breath. If Jessica made a Walk Strong 4, it might kill me.

Thursday was officially our last day of school on the calendar we adopted (what seems) so long ago. We will have an outdoor graduation service for our 8th graders in June, since we only go to 8th grade. Limited numbers of folks, masks, socially distanced chairs, although I'm sure no one will follow the rules.

PahlaB is having a 50% sale on her plans through Monday and she has a couple of new ones for us older folks. I bought one of them and am seriously thinking of trying it out. She promises workouts 30 minutes or less, no jumping, safe for the wrists, no transitioning up and down to the floor - all music to my ears these days.

Brenda - Nice job with your workout - the bandwork can make that DVD tough.

Christine - Sorry you are having the workout doldrums! When I get in that spot, that usually means I need to do something new and different. (or maybe something I haven't done in a really long time) Friday's candidate was probably in the middle between the two previous candidates. I liked her quite a lot; my boss will make the decision though. They've all been very good. Not at all like when we've tried to hire teachers and get applications from folks with no teaching qualifications. What's up with that?

Cheri - Hope the transition back to work goes as smoothly as possible!

Donna - Hope your weather has cleared up for the weekend. We are having sunny skies and very summery weather here.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-20, 11:45 AM  
furmomof6

I haven't worked out today yet, not sure if I will. It's a really dreary day, which makes it even harder to get motivated. I was supposed to have fasting blood work this morning at 9am, but when I got there the lab was packed. I ended up leaving, so I'll try again tomorrow. There was no way I could wait several more hours to be seen since I was fasting. I know I shouldn't complain, but it's so annoying that it's such a huge ordeal to even get into the building now with the long lines and a million questions at each stop. I know it's for safety purposes, but still. Although it seems like all the checkpoints are forcing people closer together since no one actually distances themselves while waiting!

Carol, Thanks, I hope to find something I enjoy and can handle right now. Those Paula B workouts sound interesting. I know Donna uses her workouts sometimes too. I was looking at her Body Shaper program. Is it all from Youtube? Thanks for mentioning the sale! I'm glad at least you liked all the candidates! It sounds like you can't go wrong with whoever your boss chooses.

Waves!