Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-20, 08:10 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Jenny Ford - Step Across America - Georgia
Jenny Ford - Hawaii Stretch

Is next week Core Week on Jessica's site?

Hope everyone has a good day - I am feeling kinda unmotivated today....

Waves,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-20, 07:45 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Just another beautiful day in the neighborhood here.

Workouts were:
Dog Walk - 20 minutes;
GHUTV - Upper Body Tone 1 - 10 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Pilates for Strength and Calm - 30 minutes

DS wanted to exercise with me yesterday - at least a little bit - so we did the walk and the Get Healthy U TV Upper Body Tone workout. He won't do it if I don't do it with him, so my exercise plans are dependent on what he wants to do those days he will exercise.

Pilates for Strength and Calm for Smriti's main April workout and I enjoyed it. She gave plenty of modifications throughout so it was very accessible to all levels.

Donna, Here is Jessica's Core Week plan: https://jessicasmithtv.com/wp-conten.../Core-Week.pdf. It really isn't isolated core workouts all week long. It looks pretty fun.

Waves to all ~ happy Sunday!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-20, 09:13 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Still not feeling super motivated to do much of anything, but surprisingly, I did an hour long workout w/ Jessica this morning -

Jessica - You Tube - 60 min Fusion Flow. It was really a nice workout and even though it was long it didn't seem long. Fusion is really my favorite style of workout....

My DD is going to ride her horse today - first time since March 22nd! And, we'll probably walk the dogs, too.

Carol - glad your DS wanted to workout with you. My DD walks with me all the time, but she has no interest in doing anything else!

I really do need to get in gear and get some household stuff done....

Hope everyone has a good day!!

I think I'm going to start Core Week tomorrow w/ Jessica. (thanks, Carol!!) I was also looking at Gilad's 3 week challenge, but I'm not sure I am in the mood....although it would be a good rotation to do while still working from home since some of the workouts are 60 min long...

Donna
Old 05-17-20, 11:32 AM  
furmomof6

Hello!

Just some walks this weekend. The weather has been so beautiful!

Donna, I have been feeling unmotivated myself so I'm going with it. I'm enjoy my walks though. I hope DD has fun today!!

Carol, it's so funny that's the name of Smriti's workout... very similar to the name of Jessica's program you were following!

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-20, 08:00 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Jessica Smith - YouTube: 2 in 1 Toning - 30 minutes

I had never done this one before. It's one of the Day 1 options for Jessica's Core Week Plan. I was sweating like a pig when I finished up.

Bonnie got a bump on the head yesterday afternoon and within an hour or so we could tell that she wasn't well. Wobbly on her feet, drooling like crazy, trying to throw up. I ran her to the emergency vet - where no one but the workers were wearing masks - and they quickly figured out that she had a concussion. Her pupils were messed up and she had some swelling where she hit her head. I left her overnight at the vet - luckily this morning, after oxygen and meds, she was much better and got to come home. She is awfully tired today though. I figure she didn't get much sleep last night as they probably checked on her frequently. For that matter, none of us got much sleep last night.

Christine - We've had pretty nice weather as well. It's supposed to be warm all week, with no rain, I think. Can't beat a good walk!

Donna - Nice job with Jessica's Fusion workout. I don't think I've ever done that one; I've let the length of it scare me out of doing it.

Waves to Brenda & Cheri.

Carol
Old 05-18-20, 08:00 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I had an awful night's sleep last night - literally up every hour on the hour. The upside was I'd read for a bit and then fall asleep, read for a bit, fall asleep - so I finished my book - time to start a new one, LOL!

So, all that being said I have zero energy today so I went with:

Ellen - Lifted & Lean
Blessful Body - Nourishing Stretch and Release

Yesterday it was a bit dreary to walk the dogs, so I did Jenny Ford's March Across America Hawaii instead...

Carol - Poor Bonnie (and you!). How worrisome! Glad she is doing better.

Hope everyone has a good day. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to last through the day being so sleep deprived but I shall survive!

Donna
Old 05-18-20, 10:26 AM  
cherimac

Hi, all.

I did a workout Saturday and yesterday was a rest day.

Today:

JV Barre with the Ball
Classical Series with the Ball (first 7 moves)

No walk today as we are having storms.

Barnes & Noble is reopening this weekend. Short hours, social distancing with limited numbers allowed in, no dine-in cafe service. I don't think I will work before next week and will see how many hours I go back for.
Old 05-18-20, 01:18 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Walk
Shaped by Faith: Senior Strength Live

I only did about 20 minutes of the live workout. It felt complete to me at that point, plus I'm low on energy.

Carol, I'm so sorry that happened! I would be so upset. How is she doing today?

Donna, I'm sorry for your poor night's sleep! I hate when that happens.

Cheri, I'm glad they're being smart about it. Did they ever get the protective gear for the workers you mentioned?

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-20, 04:20 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Friday: 30 min. walk
Sat: rest
Sun: 35 min. step/weights while watching Madam Secretary
Mon: JS 3 Mile Power Walk premix from 5 Mix & Match Miles

Carol, I'm sorry to hear your dog was injured. Poor thing! How is today going? That Jessica workout looks like a good one.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-20, 06:48 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's workouts were

Jessica Smith - WS3: Total Body Strength - 30 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Pilates Retreat Day 1: Energy & Harmony - 15 minutes

WS3: Total Body Strength was tough! And it was another one of the Walk Strong 3 workouts that I had not done before.

I moved all of my work stuff back to the school yesterday. Having files everywhere was literally driving me crazy. I'd rather just work down there, with everything in one place, especially since we are all supposed to be on site anyway beginning next week. Luckily, "all" does not mean very many people this time of year.

Our Governor continued to loosen guidelines yesterday, for all counties in the state but 5 - El Paso County, and our two county area, and two counties adjacent to us that have their own packing plant woes. We are to stay a week behind the rest of the state for now. We will see if that helps - I don't think it will because restaurants are already operating at well over 25% capacity and parties, etc. are happening with no social distancing. Of course, no one is doing anything, or if they are, they can't keep up with all the violators. And few are wearing masks...

Bonnie is back to her old self. Dogs are pretty amazing.

Brenda - Nice walks! Thanks for asking about Bonnie.

Christine - Good job paying attention to your body! Neither DS or (nor?) I slept well Saturday night worrying about Miss Bonnie.

Cheri - I think our local Barnes & Noble is open - I saw quite a few cars there yesterday.

Donna - I hate nights like that! Luckily for me they don't happen very often.

Another long day is on tap today. Probably just some kind of walk or stretching tonight.

Carol