Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-07-20, 10:36 AM  
cherimac

PN 10 Minute Hips and Glutes
Modified Series of Five
All 4s work

We picked up Blackberry and she's happy to be home. <3

Carol~yes, I got injured about 10 years ago doing Tracy Anderson Meta. It was really bad. Now that injury will flare.

Donna~I have no idea how more cases is supposed to help anything either.
Old 05-07-20, 11:31 AM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Walk
Shaped by Faith: Pilates Live

I did the full hour today! I won't make it a habit, but I enjoyed it. I did stretch a lot while she was still doing reps of certain moves, so that helped.

Cheri, glad Blackberry is home!

Donna, that sounds like a workout I would enjoy.

Carol, that's tough. I pray they fill the position soon!

Brenda, it's so nice that Jessica has so many rotations to follow!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 06:07 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

JS Toning Walk
15 min. walk

Continuing with JS's Fusion rotation, this one uses bands which are not my favorite. But it was fine.

It's a beautiful day here!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 07:08 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Thursday's workouts were:

Jessica Smith - WS: Total Body Training - 30 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Pilates for Glutes & Hips - 10 minutes

I worked until 6:15, but it wasn't too hard to make myself do my Jessica workout while DS re-heated our leftovers. So glad I did that instead of being lazy, as I was tempted to be.

Lots of folks out and about as I went to and from work yesterday. It does make me nervous. And speaking of nervous, I am getting a haircut today. Risky? I don't know. Maybe? I go to a one-man stylist shop, so maybe it won't be too bad. I am so shaggy - I normally have my hair cut every 4 weeks, and it's been since the end of February that I had a haircut. Our cases continue to rise - not surprising. We are up to almost 1400 cases - it's not been as bad as last week was for new cases at least.

Brenda - I don't like bands much either, and I find that workout (Toning Walk) fairly challenging. For me, bands can be awkward and they hurt my hands. I usually use the lightest tension band I have. If you like Jessica's Fusion February calendar, you would probably like her Calm & Strong one as well.

Christine - Thanks! We posted the position yesterday afternoon and we already have a couple of good applicants. I'm sure we would be lower stress than a regular nursing job and probably lower than public school nursing jobs as well.

Cheri - I don't know how more people don't get hurt doing her stuff - the same high rep workout 10 days in a row. Really?? A recipe for disaster for someone like me.

Donna - Jessica's stuff is sure hitting the spot for me right now! I'm really enjoying this Calm & Strong rotation. I'm hoping that I will have some flexibility as well to work at home once students return to campus if we have an outbreak going on. Technically, I guess I'm in the higher risk category, so that would probably be a good idea. We have found someone to help me out, so it will probably depend somewhat on how well she does.

Happy Friday! I'm off to work for most of the day.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 08:17 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday after work DD and I walked the dogs - so that was good. I have been putting in a lot of extra hours lately b/c it is our busy season and there are a lot of emergencies surrounding COVID that come up that need to be dealt with. I'm starting my new job on 6/8 (I think that is the Monday - our pay periods start on Sunday). And it will be interesting - b/c I don't think we will be back in the office yet so learning new things remotely will be interesting. The good news is my new boss has a great reputation of being a good person so fingers crossed. I keep having bouts of self-doubt since I will be doing new things that I haven't done before - but, I also need to remember that is why I applied for the job in the first place. Whew. Another job came up on the transfer list yesterday and it was one I would have applied for had this one not come up first - that one is more in line with my current experience, so it would have been a much easier transition with far less self doubt - but...I also would not be learning many new things. Calm and Centered....LOL!

Anyway -sorry to ramble.

This morning I did a bit of a mix:

Jessica Valent - Lunge workout - which was exactly what it says - about 7-8 minutes of various lunges. She said on her calendar to repeat it 2-3X, but I hate repeating...so....I did..

Lucy Wyndham Read - 7 min glute workout - I really like these little workouts - she usually does 7 moves in 7 minutes - all body weight - but really does seem to hit the spot.

Blessful Body - Barre workout - this was a "light" barre routine. Ky is very gentled but I think it ends up being sneakily effective.

Carol - good for you for working out! I am definitely thinking more about Jessica, particularly once I go back to some sort of routine of going in the office. The 30 minutes (generally) and the variety appeal to me. Calm and Strong looks like a good rotation and I keep thinking about it. Summer of Strength looks good, too. I like the 2 days off in that plan -

Christine - way to go on the longer workout. I often do some extra stretching when I get tired or have had enough reps!

Cheri - glad Blackberry is back home!

Brenda - Jessica's fusion workouts are such a pleasure!

Waves, everyone,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 11:46 AM  
furmomof6

Hi everyone,

Walk
Shaped by Faith: Knee Strengthening Workout

This one was from SBF Season 2 which is currently airing on NRBTV (and some other stations). I really liked it. I think it would be a good "low key" day workout. It was all leg work, but a mix of seated, standing and on the floor with stretching.

Donna, that's great about your new boss! It sounds like the right choice to ease into learning some new things, yet still some familiarity so you don't feel completely overwhelmed.

Carol, I'm glad, and hope one of the applicants works out! Did you go for your haircut? I do plan to go for one as soon as we're allowed. My stylist has her own private room, so it would just be the two of us. I think you will be okay!

Cheri, I'm glad your shoulder is feeling better!

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
Old 05-08-20, 02:49 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

JS 360 Abs

That felt really good. Now I'm off to do the "shopping for 2 weeks" workout.

Carol, I like that JS workout. Thumbs up! (I keep looking for a thumbs-up emoticon here but haven't found one yet. )

Donna, your new job sounds promising! I just heard on a podcast this morning that new jobs should scare us just a little bit because that's how we get challenged and learn new things. I wouldn't know since I have just done my kids for years but I know when that job comes along for me, I'll likely be VERY nervous!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-20, 08:06 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Jenny Ford - Step Across America - Virginia
Blessful Body - Chest Expanding Backbend prep (upper body and hip stretches)

Since I couldn't walk outside yesterday I did Jenny's March Across America Nevada (in front of the Las Vegas sign).

It is nice and sunny today - but chilly - however, we'll still get out for a walk!

Carol - did you get your hair cut? This year I decided to grow mine out - so it is good timing, LOL. I also have naturally curly hair so it is much more "forgiving" if I don't get it cut often - it kind of always looks a little messy anyway!

Brenda - that is true -about being nervous!

Waves, everyone - I have some housework today and I also probably should do some work for my job as well. it is ridiculous how much i'm working on the weekends these days.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-20, 08:21 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I ended up working a full day at the school yesterday - probably the first time I've worked away from home all day since the middle of March - and then had my haircut. By the time I got home, I didn't want to do much, so I just did:

Pilates Nest - 10 Minute Pilates for Legs

We thought about walking the dogs, but it was chilly so we didn't. Hopefully today will be warmer.

I was sure glad to get my hair cut, but it did make me nervous, honestly. My stylist's room is away from the other stylist, but still... I went home and took a shower.

Brenda - 360 Abs is a good one! Now that I'm at the end of Calm & Strong, I'm trying to decide which rotation I should do next. Decisions, decisions... How's your class going?

Christine - That knee workout sounds nice!

Donna - Those repeat on your own workouts never work for me. I just don't do it! I remember the Firm Volume 5 workout with the rewind and redo the aerobics bit - I never did that, and that was my least favorite Firm workout. Hang in there - you will do fine with the new job. Just remember that you've felt that way before and as it turned out, of course you handled the new job just fine. Although Jessica's Calm & Strong rotation is a 6 day a week rotation, it hasn't felt like that because so many of the days are low key.

Happy Saturday!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-20, 11:25 AM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Shaped by Faith: Pilates Live (from this past Tuesday)

I did most of it, and I really liked it!

Carol, I'm glad you got your haircut. I would shower after too, and throw the clothes in the wash!

Donna, sounds like nice weather. It snowed here last night!! It's really cold and windy today.

Waves!